BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Expectations - Will Eustace be backed? [POLL]

Summer Expectations - Will Eustace be backed? [POLL]  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Eustace will have some cash to play with? If so, how much?

• No - It'll be frees and loans.
    • Up to £2m
    • Up to £5m
    • Up to £10m
    • Up to £15m
    • Up to £20m

I tend to assume that the loons in Pune will continue to get the green light for sending funds over, unfortunately keeping the circus going for a good while longer. There's also no doubt that they'll reduce the amount of funds they send, after recent earnings.

We've just got a guaranteed £18m for Wharton, £500k for Ennis and have ~£4m coming in from the Raya sale in the summer. So that'll be ~£22.5m in total... before we flog anyone else.

Looking ahead to the summer: Ben Chrisene, Billy Koumetio, Yasin Ayari, and Andrew Moran will return to their parent clubs. Plus, the short-term contracts of Kyle McFadz and John Fleck will be up. Trav and Vale will be coming back.

At a normal Club, Eustace would be properly backed after receiving income like that - but as we all know, this is far from a normal Club...

In your opinion, will Eustace have some cash to play with in the summer, or not?

Edited by TheRevAshton

I think he will get a couple of million to replace to or three players and then it will be frees and loans. Wouldn’t rule out resigning mcfadzeanand flexk on a 12 month contract . Either way I think where in for another long hard season when injuries hit around November. The key thing is making sure we don’t lose any of the quality we have i. E Dolan, smzodic, Hyam, carter , Gallagher , tronstad because if sell them and start bringing in the likes of fleck then we will be down in April 

Theres no point expecting the money to be spent, we know what these owners are like.

I dont see any of our remaining players attracting considerable interest. Carter is a good player but off the back of a serious injury and a poor first half to the season, I cant see a rush of interest. Szmodics will have his suitors but he isnt that young anymore, I dont see Premier League teams going for him, I suppose the risk could be promotion challengers in this league. 

Gallagher and Dolan are a concern, we cant allow them to allow their contract options to run down but selling them will leave big holes.

• Like 1

We're in no position to let anyone go in the summer (except a couple dud strikers), if fadz could do another season i think we'll need just a LB in defence, would sign chrisene!

Couple of cm's, winger and x2 strikers.. maybe gk depending how pears gets on.

Could do it with 10m easy, i reckon max 5 mil will be spent..

I put up to 5m. If we don't spend or unearth a wonder kid from the academy we will be relegated. It also depends on what the agreement is between Venkys and the Indian government. If its they can only cover losses, then the sales have probably balanced the books for the next 12 months.

Eitherway we are at best just treading water and at most probably going downwards with these owners.

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Whether there is money for transfers or not, Eustace is Head Coach, so, like JDT, he will not be responsible for buying and selling players.

I think it’s fair to say that JDT had little say in transfers.

Chaddy knows 

• Like 2

I think he'll be expected to cope with losing some of his best players and replacing with little to nothing ready for another season of midtable security.

I think that's why he's here and hopefully is the right man for that job, sadly a place we don't want to be but that's the reality of the 'project' 'journey'.... sorry 'downscale' !

• Like 1

It will be like last summer with the following players 'possibly' leaving.

Szmodics - 6-7m

Dolan - 3-4m

Travis - 1-2m

Carter - 4-5m

Gallagher 2m

Eustace may play a factor is some players actually wanting to stay at the club, whereas if we had JDT still around some would rather of left.

Due to his age and this possibly being a '1 season wonder' I think it would be wise to cash in on Szmodics - Only if it meant we could re-invest in 2/3 players. I would definitely cash in on Carter at the same time.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

I dont get why people would encourage cashing in on more key players. We know under Venkys we wont see that money and we should already have money to reinvest if there was scope for reinvestment, any other sales would be dwarved by the Wharton fee.

Szmodics is probably worth more to us than anyone else because especially with uncertainty over Dolan and Gallaghers futures, the other attacking players at the club are the likes of Telalovic, Leonard and Markanday. We already need lots of work in attack without creating a bigger hole.

Carter's value wont be high at the moment, perhaps mainly due to tactics he had a really poor first half to the season and now has a serious injury to recover from. I doubt there is a massive queue for his services.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:.

We've just got a guaranteed £18m for Wharton, £500k for Ennis and have ~£4m coming in from the Raya sale in the summer. So that'll be ~£22.5m in total... before we flog anyone else.

Let’s be clear…the Indian courts freeing up the working capital is far from a given.

The Wharton fee is payable in instalments so only the first one will have been received.

The Raya money is reasonably certain.

The Ennis money probably just about covers what we paid him in wages & medical bills ! 

I reckon a realistic cash input is more likely to be c.£8-£10m - which if no money comes in from India will be wiped out out in running costs within 4-6 months…😳

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Let’s be clear…the Indian courts freeing up the working capital is far from a given.

The Wharton fee is payable in instalments so only the first one will have been received.

The Raya money is reasonably certain.

The Ennis money probably just about covers what we paid him in wages & medical bills ! 

I reckon a realistic cash input is more likely to be c.£8-£10m - which if no money comes in from India will be wiped out out in running costs within 4-6 months…😳

All of this is so true but I reckon of that £8m we will see about £10 in transfer fees

Is the fact that the Wharton payment will be in installments relevant?

Surely basically all deals are in installments, so if we sold him for 22m in 4 installments and bought someone for say 4m in 4 installments, its just a debtor on our balance sheet and a much smaller creditor.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the fact that the Wharton payment will be in installments relevant?

Surely basically all deals are in installments, so if we sold him for 22m in 4 installments and bought someone for say 4m in 4 installments, its just a debtor on our balance sheet and a much smaller creditor.

Where does our instalments to buy a player come from though when the incoming instalments are bookmarked to pay running costs ?

It still has to be extra from somewhere and recently we were struggling to negotiate a 500 grand fee in instalments !

• Like 1