BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

• Backroom
Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Trying to encourage early purchases because they’re desperate for some cash?

Never occurs to them that they’ll get more cash if they kept it at that price.

’To celebrate 30 years since the PL win, £300 all over the ground.’

’The season will mark our 150th birthday. If you get in before x date, we’ll ballot 150 lucky STs to pay half price, refunding £150.’

’All 12-18yos and over 65s cost £150 (early bird ballot may receive £30 refund).’

’All u12s cost £30.’

Easy innit?

• Like 3

The riverside thing is a bit strange. I may be tempted if I could guarantee a £300 season ticket but would rather be in the Blackburn end if I don’t get my £49 refund in the ballot. Anyone know if you can tick a box to say I don’t want a ticket in this end if I’m unsuccessful in the ballot? I assume not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Let’s agree to call this “a step in the right direction” rather than celebrate it as a success story. In my opinion tickets are still £100 too expensive, which is a hell of a lot of money in our region. 

Do we know if it’s still the same credit supplier? Hopefully we’re now using one that actually accepts people. 

It’s the same one isn’t it? (V12)

and the reality is the reduction isn't enough to signify "come back" or "we want thousands more fans in Ewood", it's a £30 gesture to the fans that had to endure last season to do it all again. They're gonna have to pull some rabbits out the hat to rescue this club and I just don't think the current management have it in them. I was watching this carefully.

We want our Rovers back has to be the message again soon.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Never occurs to them that they’ll get more cash if they kept it at that price.

’To celebrate 30 years since the PL win, £300 all over the ground.’

’The season will mark our 150th birthday. If you get in before x date, we’ll ballot 150 lucky STs to pay half price, refunding £150.’

’All 12-18yos and over 65s cost £150 (early bird ballot may receive £30 refund).’

’All u12s cost £30.’

Easy innit?

But by making the price rise so steep they’re hoping everyone buys now.

They want quick cash not the most cash (also see sale of A Wharton)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So the Premier Suite which I’ve been in to for a game in each of the last three seasons, and has been excellent, with a four course meal - three pre game, and a post game course… has now been replaced with the ‘95 Club’, a ‘one course hot buffet’ (oh and a dessert at half time)… so pretty much what Jack’s Kitchen was (JK now being ‘a pie and a pint’.

Agree. Massively disappointed in that as it was my “go to” lounge for entertaining and now don’t really fancy going to the BBE to watch the game. Will try the new Clayton Douglas lounge out though and hope the food is enough!

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We don't live in a digital era we are being pushed into to it suit the corporate technocratic govts who are owned by those with most to gain from it.

We don't have to 'get with' anything it should be an available and unpenalised personal choice.

A lot of things in this world should be available and unpenalised, but unfortunately it’s not the world we live in. 

Digital is a more sustainable way for most businesses and the club have found a way to do this and fair play to them. No issues in covering administration costs for someone who can’t click a few buttons on the Internet. 

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Blue n White Rover said:

A lot of things in this world should be available and unpenalised, but unfortunately it’s not the world we live in. 

Digital is a more sustainable way for most businesses and the club have found a way to do this and fair play to them. No issues in covering administration costs for someone who can’t click a few buttons on the Internet. 

The staff at Ewood can't click a few buttons FFS.

And to be honest your arrogance and ignorance towards those who might not be able or just don't want to is quite staggering.

No wonder this club is so detached from the town when it's only interested in appeasing your ilk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

The staff at Ewood can't click a few buttons FFS.

And to be honest your arrogance and ignorance towards those who might not be able or just don't want to is quite staggering.

No wonder this club is so detached from the town when it's only interested in appeasing your ilk.

The staff that cost a business c£26k because a fan can’t be bothered or learn how to do it themselves?

Appeasing my ilk? Do you mean a fan that knows how to place an order on the internet? 

• Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

The staff that cost a business c£26k because a fan can’t be bothered or learn how to do it themselves?

Appeasing my ilk? Do you mean a fan that knows how to place an order on the internet? 

Yeah lets put people out of work that's really going to get people on board, this is a 20 million turn over business not a corner shop.

I mean arrogant people who look down on others less fortunate and have an attitude of if you don't like it lump it.

Freedom of choice in something so simple as to avoid alienating fans from a club that bleeds them doesn't cost 26k a year anyway.

Grow up and stop looking at things purely from a balance sheet, what about all this 'Community Club' stuff ?

Peoples club my arse.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alex l said:

If they had really wanted to play on the 30 year anniversary and were committed to increasing attendance, they should have set prices at the 94/95 price (yep, probably unrealistic). By chance does anyway have the ST prices from 94/95 or indeed a tracker of how the prices have changed over the years?

I can’t help with this but our 94/95 our average attendance was around 66% higher (than 22/23) but our gate receipts were only 10% higher.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers accounts run from July to June

I know.

My point was in relation to a poster suggesting that we may be delaying announcing season tickets to have income in the next years set of accounts.

My point or at least question was, surely as any season tickets relate to services in the 24/25 set of accounts, that even sales made before June 30th would be deferred as income into the next set of accounts. Therefore it is irrelevant when the sale is actually made.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know.

My point was in relation to a poster suggesting that we may be delaying announcing season tickets to have income in the next years set of accounts.

My point or at least question was, surely as any season tickets relate to services in the 24/25 set of accounts, that even sales made before June 30th would be deferred as income into the next set of accounts. Therefore it is irrelevant when the sale is actually made.

Did you see my reply to this question?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, J*B said:

Nice brochure - but can I say on record that the Shearer lounge described as “the most premium lounge” looks like a cafe in the town centre. They’ve probably been given fuck all to make it work and it shows. 

I agree there’s a nice range of options here and some of them reasonable, I actually even think the pie and pint thing for a tenner is decent (for silver games) and a nice pre match build up I imagine 

But I also thought it was striking that the Shearer Lounge is the most premium, when I saw the pics I had thought it was going to be a more family friendly one, had vibes of the strikers lounge or a family sports bar in an all inclusive resort in Mallorca not the most premium of the lot.

The Clayton and Douglas lounge has a much classier look on the surface but maybe the pictures just don’t do it justice 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

You understand that those club staff already work those hours? The fan in this scenario will already have spent money on fuel to get to the club shop (and in an extreme scenario as I often do when getting tickets) try to book off work early or use flexible working to get to the club shop.

Some of us still prefer physical interaction as the social beings we are.

No surprise that a venkys disinformation account is talking complete bollocks that 100% supports the official party line.

1 hour ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Take your venkys disinformation campaign elsewhere will you.

46 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Did you see my reply to this question?

Thanks, I didn't sorry but I have seen it since, and it agrees with my assertion that the income would only be recognised in the year to which the sales relate to, regardless of timing of payments which is a common misconception.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Thanks, I didn't sorry but I have seen it since, and it agrees with my assertion that the income would only be recognised in the year to which the sales relate to, regardless of timing of payments which is a common misconception.

Yep, it’s when the club performs its part of the contract that matters.

• Like 1

These prices wont move the dial even though any decrease in price is welcome and will considering the stupid amount of moved games, the last season and the current state of the club will still lead to almost certainly reduced numbers.

There are always various complications too, notably the surcharge when you dont buy online and this ballot thing.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yeah lets put people out of work that's really going to get people on board, this is a 20 million turn over business not a corner shop.

I mean arrogant people who look down on others less fortunate and have an attitude of if you don't like it lump it.

Freedom of choice in something so simple as to avoid alienating fans from a club that bleeds them doesn't cost 26k a year anyway.

Grow up and stop looking at things purely from a balance sheet, what about all this 'Community Club' stuff ?

Peoples club my arse.

It’s a £20m turnover business that is running on £20m losses. Turnover is irrelevant. 

A £10 surcharge for someone unwilling or unable to complete a form online is more than reasonable. I find it quite staggering you don’t in the current era. 

It has nothing to do with being a community club. It’s about being a digital club. I am sure the club will have invested heavily in the technology to enable this, so now it’s the perfect opportunity to cash in on that investment by incentivising STH’s to renew online for a £10 saving. Great business decision.

• Downvote 11

1 hour ago, Blue n White Rover said:

It’s a £20m turnover business that is running on £20m losses. Turnover is irrelevant. 

A £10 surcharge for someone unwilling or unable to complete a form online is more than reasonable. I find it quite staggering you don’t in the current era. 

It has nothing to do with being a community club. It’s about being a digital club. I am sure the club will have invested heavily in the technology to enable this, so now it’s the perfect opportunity to cash in on that investment by incentivising STH’s to renew online for a £10 saving. Great business decision.

Even for a venkys paid account this is embarrassing.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Becoming a bit boring now with your constant messages after every post of mine. 

Try adding something constructive to the argument please or stay out of it.

Try to post something that isn't just a verbatim rendition of the club's and owners justification of an absolutely abhorrent policy aimed at fleecing loyal fans.