BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

3 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

I’ve had a ST in the N01 BB end for 2 seasons now but I’m weighing up what the best decision is next season. I’m sick of the midweek and night games but I’m not sure if the other home games paid for separately will add up to the ST price or not. Any advice welcome btw. 

Pick your games, a  season ticket makes Waggots life easy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Pick your games, a  season ticket makes Waggots life easy.

He likes 3 thousand match by match buyers it adds up to more than if they were all ST holders.

And we revert back to the superfan v advising people not to go debate.

Picking and choosing but going to a significant number of games is still money going into the club at eventually probably not a dissimilar amount over the season.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

And we revert back to the superfan v advising people not to go debate.

Picking and choosing but going to a significant number of games is still money going into the club at eventually probably not a dissimilar amount over the season.

wrong, no one is mentioning about being a superfan(pointless comment btw), but about supporting the players on the pitch and the head coach, improving the match day atmosphere and growing the fanbase by lowering prices and getting  . I get the point about Waggott but for me, not attending actually makes it worse cos the budget will continue to be cut and meaning worse players signings and relegation. Is that what people really want? 

I don't blame anyone pick and choosing their games for various like midweek games for example cos of work and family reasons or for financial reasons. I wouldn't called anyone for that and I know several fans who face those situations. 

This is why I want cheaper season tickets and cheaper match day tickets making it more affordable for people/families who are struggling financial enabling them to attend games and increased match day attendance and atmosphere 

The question (based on my interpretation) was a simple, I wont get to all the games as I struggle midweek, is there more value to getting a season ticket or buying individually for the games I can/want to attend. Might be wrong.

Not sure it required a reply about not buying a season ticket because of Waggott, although buying loads of individual tickets will probably be a not too dissimilar outlay anyway.

Equally, not sure it warranted the spiel about supporting the players and head coach, the latter was particularly strange, as if anyone on the fence would go I wasnt sure but Ill go to show my support towards the underwhelming John Eustace. The posters desire to support us and watch the games didnt seem to be in question, just seemed like a question of what is the best approach in his/her situation.

If you cant attend midweek games and with Sky about to move games all over the shop, obviously subject to the matchday and season ticket pricing, I would suggest that there may not be any value in a season ticket.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The question (based on my interpretation) was a simple, I wont get to all the games as I struggle midweek, is there more value to getting a season ticket or buying individually for the games I can/want to attend. Might be wrong.

Depends on the person situation, If you can't make midweek games then the occasional weekend game then its would most likely be cheaper to buy your games separately  

Not sure it required a reply about not buying a season ticket because of Waggott, although buying loads of individual tickets will probably be a not too dissimilar outlay anyway.

Equally, not sure it warranted the spiel about supporting the players and head coach, the latter was particularly strange, as if anyone on the fence would go I wasnt sure but Ill go to show my support towards the underwhelming John Eustace. The posters desire to support us and watch the games didnt seem to be in question, just seemed like a question of what is the best approach in his/her situation.

I never questioned Cuppliance commitment to supporting Rovers, players or the head coach did I? 

My problem was about making Waggott life easier by not buying one. 

If you cant attend midweek games and with Sky about to move games all over the shop, obviously subject to the matchday and season ticket pricing, I would suggest that there may not be any value in a season ticket.

On Sky, Its the EFL wanted more money for TV rights so it exactly why Rovers should offset the prices by using some of that money to lower prices for ST and match day prices. 

On your comment about whether a season ticket is value for money, is down to the person and will they attend all games/most games regardless of them being moved or on TV. down to each person situation 

After an absolutely atrocious season last time out, our talisman likely to depart, seemingly no money to spend and all vestiges of ambition being erased - what do people think is reasonable purely in terms of price for next year's tickets?

In a hypothetical world where the main aim was to get customers through the door I'd say prices should be slashed by 50%, although that won't happen obviously. 

2nd question is - what do we ACTUALLY think will happen? I'm guessing the usual price freeze for "early birds" with a price increase thereafter dressed up as some sort of .massive bargain.

Might be wrong but my understanding is that under the new Sky deal all Championship clubs will be on tv at least 24 times next season. That’s at least 24 games for each club  that will be moved from 3pm on a Saturday.

That’s a lot of games moved to Friday, Sat lunch, Sunday etc. 

if you can only commit to Saturdays at 3pm there is very little value in buying a season ticket. 

the one positive in all this is that Sky have committed to releasing in advance of the season details of which games will be on tv all the way up to Christmas (again might be wrong but that what I read)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Might be wrong but my understanding is that under the new Sky deal all Championship clubs will be on tv at least 24 times next season. That’s at least 24 games for each club  that will be moved from 3pm on a Saturday.

Not quite.

For instance, there are 9 midweek matches scheduled for next season which will all be televised.

Also all opening day, final day, and 4 bank holiday (Boxing day, New Years day, Good Friday & Easter Monday) games will be televised which eats up another 6 games that will be shown.

So that leaves at least 9 games to be moved from 31 weekends moved from the Saturday 3pm slot, which will obviously be a mixture of home and away games. 

Then obviously if you are at the top end of the table you will be shown way more than the guaranteed 24 times.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not quite.

For instance, there are 9 midweek matches scheduled for next season which will all be televised.

Also all opening day, final day, and 4 bank holiday (Boxing day, New Years day, Good Friday & Easter Monday) games will be televised which eats up another 6 games that will be shown.

So that leaves at least 9 games to be moved from 31 weekends moved from the Saturday 3pm slot, which will obviously be a mixture of home and away games. 

Then obviously if you are at the top end of the table you will be shown way more than the guaranteed 24 times.

Cheers, I get a lot wrong!

So not as bad as I thought but still not much value in season tickets if over half a clubs games are televised (if we take it there’ll be an even split between home and away games) 

Edited by Forever Blue

43 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

if you can only commit to Saturdays at 3pm there is very little value in buying a season ticket. 

Very true why Rovers need to lower the prices for ST for these reasons as games will be move and some ST won't be able to attend them. 

Also make kids under 12 ST free. Personally I would give each Kids ST a free hat, scarf and gloves set aswell. 

43 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

the one positive in all this is that Sky have committed to releasing in advance of the season details of which games will be on tv all the way up to Christmas (again might be wrong but that what I read)

That is correct 

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Weekend of 10th August

And finishes the same day for Rovers fans. 

Next season is going to be a mess. Good luck Rovers.

Were gonna need it!

The problem is there's always going to be a core of supporters who go irregardeless. Even when they went down to league one. Who will pay whatever price because they want to go to the football. Maybe not totally for the football itself but the day out and seeing people they've sat with/near for however long. Slashing the prices even if by quite a bit won't increase sales by that much. Certainly not enough to justify it. They'll sell more yeah but not enough. Plus if they do have more fans that means more staff/security/first aid staff. All of which will eat into that money.

This club is ran (terribly) as a business first and for most. Unless there was a real uptake in attendances, maybe if we were flying and playing good football there might be a slight increase. And that's usually when they do the little offers, like a couple of seasons ago. Say 3 home games in a row for £50 or whatever they were doing. This is the club trying to capitalise on the team doing well. It always annoys me how when we do rarely see a bumper crowd the team never perform and the form falls off meaning the extra fans who maybe took up the offer don't bother returning.

45 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Slashing the prices even if by quite a bit won't increase sales by that much. Certainly not enough to justify it. They'll sell more yeah but not enough. Plus if they do have more fans that means more staff/security/first aid staff. All of which will eat into that money.

The new Sky deal is worth twice as much as the last 1. That will offset any losses that reducing prices would bring. 

season ticket sales could fall off a cliff next season once people realise just how many games will be televised. 

we’ll never know how many season tickets we’d sell if we slash prices to Bolton/PNE levels until we actually do it. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

He likes 3 thousand match by match buyers it adds up to more than if they were all ST holders.

Only if they go to nearly all games. The monies from season tickets are banked straight away, no further effort required to meet targets for Waggot.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That was an accurate interpretation to be fair. Everyone's input has been helpful to some degree which I appreciate. I can make midweek games but I do struggle with them. Getting home late and waking up early etc. All in all, I'm done with them unless it's a big game like a derby. I've noticed that the fixtures have been switched around a lot for sky broadcasts a lot over the last 2 seasons which I find frustrating too. I think I'm going to hold off getting a season ticket tbh. You never know I might get the urge to get a half season ticket which has happened to me before.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Only if they go to nearly all games. The monies from season tickets are banked straight away, no further effort required to meet targets for Waggot.

I think they budget for around 3k average home match by match buyers over a season and that 3k will add up to more than another 3k just being on STs.

Therefore i think he's quite happy with that and another reason they won't slash prices meaning nearly every matchday attender is a season ticket holder.

Squeeze and maximise what you have has always been his personal mantra not speculate to accumulate.