BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

5 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Both a reduction from this year, but I get the point.

Rovers are so skewed by the supply and demand model. Supply is almost always going to outweigh demand.

What I'd love personally was for the club to almost call out the fans and say "Season tickets are £250 anywhere in the ground, lets see what you're made of. What's the excuse for not coming now ?"

A club still run like a Circus with zero ambition.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Think you’re bob on, Mark.

At this level discounts coupled with a bit of positivity around the club is the sweet spot for a big spike in sales. So last summer gave us a chance.

I think this summer for all manner of reasons (when they actually finally bother putting them on sale) it’s fecked regardless.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

where is the ST announcement Rovers? what's the hold up? 

5 hours ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Sadly even if we reduced tickets to the price of near rivals Notlob and Nobend I am still not convinced we would shift as many tickets. 

The message should be we realise we have got it wrong in the past, we apologise, we are going to use some of the £3 million additional TV money to subsidise tickets and make ewood great again for what is a celebration of our pre win in 95 and also 150th birthday 

We have to make games and ST more affordable for fans especially now EFL and clubs got move money for their TV rights with more games being moved for TV coverage 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have to make games and ST more affordable for fans especially now EFL and clubs got move money for their TV rights with more games being moved for TV coverage 

As I said earlier Chaddy.

I thought SW said they'd be sold a lot earlier, and that he was in consultation with @We Are The Rovers .

So far it's looking like the agreement is absolutely pointless.

How can we take so long to put them on sale, whilst also probably increasing prices.

Posted (edited)

24th March they went on sale last year.

We must have a really solid cash flow at the moment, so obviously no rush. I  mean, otherwise we’d have to sell our top players for peanu…oh

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Pretty obvious to me. Pushing for play offs and bonus of same cost if promoted vs possible relegation and same cost for inferior product. Never understood why you would sell season tickets before end of season as bulk of fans still paying for matches in current season, either by direct debit or funding away trips at expensive places like Leeds/Leicester.

All this just adds further fuel to my belief that the CEO cannot make decisions without first securing approval from one of those in India.

There's no other logical explanation for why we are continually late. He will be waiting for sign off on his pricing and they will deal with it when they are ready. Just like setting our annual budget. All in good time.

The fact this is contrary to almost every other club and puts us on the back foot with competition matters not one jot.

If correct I then ask myself what else the owners have to approve and take an eternity on, costing the club big time. Spending money on new players one I expect.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All this just adds further fuel to my belief that the CEO cannot make decisions without first securing approval from one of those in India.

There's no other logical explanation for why we are continually late. He will be waiting for sign off on his pricing and they will deal with it when they are ready. Just like setting our annual budget. All in good time.

The fact this is contrary to almost every other club and puts us on the back foot with competition matters not one jot.

If correct I then ask myself what else the owners have to approve and take an eternity on, costing the club big time. Spending money on new players one I expect.

This is almost certainly correct and is a significant factor in the problems at the club. In the past one poster on here has stated that any item of expenditure in excess of £5000 has to be approved from India.

• Like 1

Which is madness but very much believable if anybody has had the (mis)fortune to deal with Indian bureaucracy. My dealings have been with their civil service, granted, but getting one fairly simple document signed can take months on end.

As always, they will never be the right fit for an industry as fast paced as English football.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That money will need to contribute to paying wages, HMRC and the electricity bill. STs are not going down in price. Forget it. We haven't got any money and the owners can't send any until at least after August 20th.

Down Ewood, they have to plan for the worst and hope for the best. The likelyhood is this "company" will be insolvent before long.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Well surely it's down to the CEO to ask way way earlier.

42 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

That money will need to contribute to paying wages, HMRC and the electricity bill. STs are not going down in price. Forget it. We haven't got any money and the owners can't send any until at least after August 20th.

Rovers wage bill has massively lowered by last season, already the extra Sky money should be used to lower prices for ST for all fans. (I never it would happen but it what should happen IMO)

Also the court case isn't problem anymore from what has been said. whether it is I have no idea 

Ave number of home fans this season is just 41 under 13k, ave away support at Ewood 2624 - sure there was a debate about that and some assumed it was higher.... oh wait that was dingle telling me every team brings 3.5 to 7k.....

Ave Rovers away following 1326 which is bigger than a few other strugglers with much bigger home gates.

Its been a real competitive season in terms of crowd numbers home and away this year but ours haven't been so bad by our standards given the shite on the pitch and the complete nonsense off it.

From one of the smallest towns in the div we actually remain one of the better supported pound for pound, could and should be bigger if only there was 1 ounce of brains and ambition in that Ewood boardroom.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

And still we await news.

So some 12,959 Home fans on average at Ewood which may well atrophy next season.

Both Bolton and Burnley have shifted some 16,000 Season Tickets alone in comparison and are no doubt still selling.

What a fookin shambles the set up is here.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

We've done all we can though.

When you've owners and a club comfortable with a situation whereby Burnley, PNE and Bolton are all shifting 15000+ season tickets before we've even sold 1, and where we will do well to hit 50% of their sales totals, you might as well give up.

And the worst part of it is there are fools defending it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

And still we await news.

So some 12,959 Home fans on average at Ewood which may well atrophy next season.

Both Bolton and Burnley have shifted some 16,000 Season Tickets alone in comparison and are no doubt still selling.

What a fookin shambles the set up is here.

we would sell more if we sold them for lower price and got them on sale in February for example. 

The fact we are still awaiting is poor. I will renew but other people attention will be on other things now meaning they won't renew straight away 

putting them on sale in February means people are busy with football.  

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2024 at 14:13, roversfan99 said:

The court case "isn't a problem anymore." 

Club fed drivel when in reality nothing has changed and they have said similar throughout this case.

I have said before on here, Waggott told me to make face, back in November that the February court hearing was a mere formality. He based that on the previous one, when around £12m was released. He also stated that there were enough funds in to he bank to pay all of the bills until February.

Given the apparent panic sale of Adam Wharton, I have a feeling he became less certain as the date approached. I also have a feeling that he is now unsure about how the August 20th hearing will go. There is bound to be some reason other than busy courts for this to keep on being adjourned. My guess is that a very thorough investigation is being carried out and if this is the case, it will be of no great surprise if the funding has to end permanently. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, lraC said:

I have said before on here, Waggott told me to make face, back in November that the February court hearing was a mere formality. He based that on the previous one, when around £12m was released. He also stated that there were enough funds in to he bank to pay all of the bills until February.

Given the apparent panic sale of Adam Wharton, I have a feeling he became less certain as the date approached. I also have a feeling that he is now unsure about how the August 20th hearing will go. There is bound to be some reason other than busy courts for this to keep on being adjourned. My guess is that a very thorough investigation is being carried out and if this is the case, it will be of no great surprise if the funding has to end permanently. 

Oh how I hope that will happen.

Season tickets still not on sale… but the club is busy re-sharing/tweeting across social media this morning that we will be on Sky at least 20 times. 

Roll up, roll up for your 400/500 quid tickets!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lraC said:

My guess is that a very thorough investigation is being carried out and if this is the case, it will be of no great surprise if the funding has to end permanently. 

Wishful thinking unfortunately.

I just don't see a time when we are ever free of this lot.