BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh JH, Slivester should have gone after O'Brien mess in my opinion. After this January deadline mess with McGuire transfer. He would have gone with 48 hours of that happening if I was in charge at Ewood. 

She clearly has the experience of 9 years being assistant club secretary and I have no problem with internal promoting someone as long as they can do the job and has relevant knowledge and expertise. Does your workplace not internal promote staff instead of always looking external? 

Party line .. 😉 gotchya

I'm shocked 😲 

35 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Silvester was retiring anyway wasn't he?

The "investigation" will now be swept under the carpet. IS will probably get a nice sweetener into his pension for taking the blame on the transfer fiasco. We all know full well that the application was 'saved' and not 'submitted' because venkys didn't allow it.

Cheston has retired as announced a few weeks ago but Silvester had no plans to is what I was told.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh JH, Slivester should have gone after O'Brien mess in my opinion. After this January deadline mess with McGuire transfer. He would have gone with 48 hours of that happening if I was in charge at Ewood. 

She clearly has the experience of 9 years being assistant club secretary and I have no problem with internal promoting someone as long as they can do the job and has relevant knowledge and expertise. Does your workplace not internal promote staff instead of always looking external? 

So many problems.

You're just accepting the party line and that Silvester is to blame for this.

I ask why a bloke who has worked as a Secretary for many many years and overseen countless transfers many more complex than a 6 month loan deal would suddenly forget how to do his job.

He didn't forget how to complete the sale of Adam Wharton, or any other deal that brought cash in to the club. He didn't forget how to complete naff loans and cheap deals that have served the club little purpose. Only the big juicy deal that was costing cash and big wages. Interesting.

Why do you believe Silvester is to blame and who are you listening to for your information?

My workplace requires people to be qualified to do the role, is she? Club secretary is a very important position, these days you even get the blame when other people make mistakes 🙂 

One of the reasons the club is in this state is because we take the easy and cheap route and promote inexperience from within rather than heading out into the big wide world and finding established proven operators.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So many problems.

I ask why a bloke who has worked as a Secretary for many many years and overseen countless transfers many more complex than a 6 month loan deal would suddenly forget how to do his job.

He didn't forget how to complete the sale of Adam Wharton, or any other deal that brought cash in to the club. He didn't forget how to complete naff loans and cheap deals that have served the club little purpose. Only the big juicy deal that was costing cash and big wages. Interesting.

Why do you believe Silvester is to blame and who are you listening to for your information?

My workplace requires people to be qualified to do the role, is she? Club secretary is a very important position, these days you even get the blame when other people make mistakes 🙂 

One of the reasons the club is in this state is because we take the easy and cheap route and promote inexperience from within rather than heading out into the big wide world and finding established proven operators.

We need music accompanying Chad's posts..

It's swags party and I'll approve if I want to.

Bet you sung it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So many problems.

I think a large percentage of the posters on here and the wider Rovers supporters, know only too well that it was pulled, due to the cost. The line it was an admin error, especially after last years fiasco, has made us an even bigger laughing stock, if that was possible. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lraC said:

You are absolutely right and I am sure she can do the job, possibly as well if not better than Sylvester. The problem is as we all know, it is people above who are causing the real problems, yet they remain in place and unscathed, while the whole thing crashes and burns. 

I believe in given people a proper chance first and already people are in full blown whinge/moan mood again about her getting the job whilst no-one on here knows much about her or what her qualities are or what it takes to be football club secretary

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Party line .. 😉 gotchya

I'm shocked 😲 

boring. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

So many problems.

the club secretary is responsible for sending the paperwork over and he failed to do this. He is the only one that can do this for transfer paperwork. 

Did you read Glen Mullan's post on what happened that night? here it is for you and I have zero doubt that this is actually

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36690-that-was-the-january-window/?do=findComment&comment=2563153

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

We need music accompanying Chad's posts..

It's swags party and I'll approve if I want to.

Bet you sung it

no one mentioned Waggott but you. Go and meet him and tell him what you think Abbey. instead of posting the same old boring shit every day

9 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Silvester was retiring anyway wasn't he?

The "investigation" will now be swept under the carpet. IS will probably get a nice sweetener into his pension for taking the blame on the transfer fiasco. We all know full well that the application was 'saved' and not 'submitted' because venkys didn't allow it.

IMO to believe anything otherwise is beyond naive.

Had a look at the PNE forum, plenty saying how they are sick of Lowe, crap end to the season etc, but they might as well still get a ST at that price, how it’s still good value even if you miss a few -  here it’s crap and expensive, much more of a dilemma.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Had a look at the PNE forum, plenty saying how they are sick of Lowe, crap end to the season etc, but they might as well still get a ST at that price, how it’s still good value even if you miss a few -  here it’s crap and expensive, much more of a dilemma.

Quite a few PNE fansI work with have enough of Lowe. Want rid but all renewing next season. 

This is why we need to lower ST and match day prices plus have CEO who understands the fan base, local economy and working areas. This is why we need a more dynamic commercial driven CEO who will improve attendances and match day experience for fans. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 5

Shite season, no question - but what a way to end.

Presumably they had the prices set up and ready to go for both outcomes - so get the ST on sale, tonight and tap into the buzz… they won’t, presumably we’ll see them at some point in June.

Come on SG you get my point, the buzz that any big/pivotal win gets you in the day or two after.

Obviously this season wasn’t anything but compete shite, but there’s certainly a bit more of a spring in a fan’s step than if we’d have survived on the back of other teams’ results post a 4-0 defeat.

Of course, but why are we still waiting? As JH often alludes to, get them on sale for as long as possible when folk are in ‘football mode’ like every other bloody club in the country.

It’s hard enough here with everything that’s gone on, yet those running the club even bother giving it a chance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, but why are we still waiting? As JH often alludes to, get them on sale for as long as possible when folk are in ‘football mode’ like every other bloody club in the country.

It’s hard enough here with everything that’s gone on, yet those running the club even bother giving it a chance.

They are absolutely clueless, Swag is nearly 70, I just pray that he has decided now is the time to go. Let’s face it, he has made more bad decisions in his relatively short tenure, than folk in authority at Ewood for the 70 years before him !

Edited by Penwortham Blue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Should have been on sale in late February and early March. When people priority is watching Rovers. releasing them means other people minds and activity will be doing different things.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Wonder when they will bother to roll out the prices for next season

will be announced a month before the regular announcement that there will be no money for the manager to spend,surely even the happy clappers will have worked it out by now

• Like 2

Thing is if Swag (unbelievably) cuts season ticket prices, the take up may not be as high as hoped due the shit show of this season gone, thereby vindicating Swags argument.

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

will be announced a month before the regular announcement that there will be no money for the manager to spend,surely even the happy clappers will have worked it out by now

No they won't. They're thick as fuck.