BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oxford getting promoted would probably mean we wouldn’t ‘win’ that particular accolade - another Venky-era milestone .

Or Luton getting relegated.

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want the same and to implement the plan GB mentioned in his interview with Radio Lancs and LT in March. 

my plan based on GB interview would be 

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m. 

If we sold Szmodics for £15m then I would spend £7m of that aswell plus add £3m to the January budget

Sounds great, except the Wharton money will have been spent on the utility bills and HMRC by the time we get post Aug 20th.

Raya cash will come in after the window shuts.

Szmodics cash will need to be banked in case Aug 20 goes tits up and we need electricity for the new season.

There is no way they have funds to be cutting income. We are on our knees.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Sounds great, except the Wharton money will have been spent on the utility bills and HMRC by the time we get post Aug 20th.

Szmodics cash will need to be banked in case Aug 20 goes tits up and we need electricity for the new season.

Our fabulous owners, who get an unfair bad press, just because of making illegal payments and now have to go to court for permission to fulfill their obligations.

Humble people who have just been badly advised. My heart bleeds. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers have said the case in the Indian court will not effect the Rovers summer transfer business we are told. Lets see what happens in the summer

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have said the case in the Indian court will not effect the Rovers summer transfer business we are told. Lets see what happens in the summer

It affected the January window, the court case still hasn't been heard but it won't affect the summer window. Something doesn't seem to ring true, surely you must see that.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cesus said:

It affected the January window, the court case still hasn't been heard but it won't affect the summer window. Something doesn't seem to ring true, surely you must see that.

The only plausible answer is.

It can't affect our business if we don't plan to do any in the first place.

Otherwise the words are lies to keep the peasants happy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It won't affect the summer transfer budget because we already know it is zero. The court case is not until August so the summer budget will remain at zero.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

At the current prices, we probably make around £3m from selling ~7k season tickets.

Apparently we, and other Clubs will receive around £3m from this new TV deal, which itself is set to lower gates across the board.

Now is the time to for Swag to take the gamble. He's got his usual £3m there before even selling a single ST. If he doesn't drop the prices, Ewood will be a graveyard next season.

The prices Chaddy has mentioned sound about right. It's highly unlikely with Waggott at the wheel, but they should be priced like the below;

image.png.5199327b7d076fdc06efbe34144316a7.png

Ultimately there are 2 options for Waggott;

- Use some of the £3m (from the TV deal) to subsidise ST prices like the above.
- Throw the £3m into the black hole, and keep ST prices as they are (or raise them) to continue rinsing the gradually decreasing 7k loyal fans.

Hmmm, wonder what he'll choose...

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They also confirmed we’d signed Duncan McGuire and Lewis O’Brien.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They also confirmed we’d signed Duncan McGuire and Lewis O’Brien.

only McGuire was confirmed. 

You are on FF panel and in the room when Waggott is saying this to you all. Do any of the FF panel not challenge him on it if you don't believe it? 

• Downvote 1

Waggot just wants to make himself look good in the owners eyes so he stays in wages and bonuses therefore the opportunity to take extra money will be too much to resist for him.

Yet again it's the perfect opportunity to give something back to the fans and rebuild the ST base by several thousand but they've passed up on every other opportunity and this will be no different.

Boost income and manage costs is all Waggot has a remit and all he asks of a gaffer is keep us in this league, the most unambitious club and ownership in this league and that will ultimately lead to relegation at some point. Not sure how that makes him look good in the owners eyes we can dedeuce they aren't that bothered and his position is safe whatever.

• Like 1

No chance I’ll be renewing my season ticket in the summer.

Despite disagreeing with the pricing I renewed last season and have attended the lowest amount of games this season.

The shenanigans during the January transfer window was the last straw and I won’t be back until Venkys and Waggott are gone!

As others have stated in this thread, depending on the promotions/relegations we could have the lowest attendances in the league next season.

Grim.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

only McGuire was confirmed. 

You are on FF panel and in the room when Waggott is saying this to you all. Do any of the FF panel not challenge him on it if you don't believe it? 

Speaking of low blows!

Of course we do. Last meeting, he said he was unable to talk about that aspect of the last window, however.

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Chaddys seeing something that's stares him right in the face  😂😂😂😂😂 that's funny 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Speaking of low blows!

Of course we do. Last meeting, he said he was unable to talk about that aspect of the last window, however.

what low blow? I asked a simple question which you answer and i'm pleased with you answer. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The reason it won't affect the transfer window, is that it will be sales only.

We were told that the McGuire deal was down to an error and now it is being investigated internally, so can't be discussed.

I tend to read between the lines with things coming out of Ewood and think most of the time, it is pretty much nonsense and what they think the fans want to hear.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Speaking of low blows!

Did he say when he will be able to talk about it, or is it a way of sweeping it under the carpet forever?

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

They know this squad needs money to strength the team

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

We were told that the McGuire deal was down to an error and now it is being investigated internally, so can't be discussed.

why is an internally investigation taking so long?

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

I tend to read between the lines with things coming out of Ewood and think most of the time, it is pretty much nonsense and what they think the fans want to hear.

Ridiculous. We will bring players in, they'll just be shit and cheap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We are on our knees.

There is no better wording to sum up our current predicament.

We can only hope that the powers that be at Ewood are reading this thread...they face a massive fan backlash this Summer.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They know this squad needs money to strength the team

why is an internally investigation taking so long?

My best guess is that MaGuire is suing them and that why they can't talk about it.

I may be wrong, but can't see how it would take so long to investigate. Assuming I am correct, they don't want to say what really happened and hang themselves, if it makes it to court.