BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

Just now, lraC said:

My best guess is that MaGuire is suing them and that why they can't talk about it.

I may be wrong, but can't see how it would take so long to investigate. Assuming I am correct, they don't want to say what really happened and hang themselves, if it makes it to court. 

I was told yesterday that Ian Silvester has gone, in fact he went around two weeks ago. It was put down as 'early retirement' so read into that what you will. My educated guess is that he has been made the scapegoat and paid off. Perhaps there might be a snippet of information comes out officially from the club but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an investigation. The assistant secretary has assumed his duties.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its my opinion of what I would like us to do come the summer and beyond from GB post transfer interview. Lets see what happens this summer. 

Chaddy,chaddy,chaddy!....when will you learn with these shysters in charge at Ewood?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why is an internally investigation taking so long?

Because there isn't one.

It is bullshit fed to the fans to pretend that the January fiasco was caused by factors out of the owners/boards control and by individuals conveniently going rogue.

They know people are on to them and know that the only alternative to admitting the owners and their underling are to blame is to make up this rubbish with promises of a brighter future.

Meanwhile the Adam Wharton money disappears and no money gets spent.

Excuse after excuse.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.954861da87b5004572ff45ee080483df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fd27deef2607ad849932bb740d55ad6b.jpeg

PNE’s early bird season ticket prices.

Their premium seats will still be cheaper than our basic early bird offer 😂

So behind the goal c£100 cheaper than here, the Tom Finney c£150+ cheaper than the Jack Walker.

Obviously something we couldn’t possibly replicate here, though a similarly supported club with no parachutes in the same area.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.954861da87b5004572ff45ee080483df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fd27deef2607ad849932bb740d55ad6b.jpeg

PNE’s early bird season ticket prices.

Their premium seats will still be cheaper than our basic early bird offer 😂

Struggling to see why they have a Seniors and U23s section on there (obviously the core of the offer is good)

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So behind the goal c£100 cheaper than here, the Tom Finney c£150+ cheaper than the Jack Walker.

Obviously something we couldn’t possibly replicate here, though a similarly supported club with no parachutes in the same area.

I think this needs immediately bringing to the attention of Waggott and maybe some pressure form the various groups, especially given how much has come in from recent transfer, which unless I am very mistaken, if way above what PNE have received.

Don't renew, don't be taken for a ride, by these people anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have said the case in the Indian court will not effect the Rovers summer transfer business we are told. Lets see what happens in the summer

Party line yet again ..  

Chaddy n maggot sitting in a tree

2 hours ago, cesus said:

It affected the January window, the court case still hasn't been heard but it won't affect the summer window. Something doesn't seem to ring true, surely you must see that.

Shhhh you can't upset maggots cheerleaders.

• Moderation Lead
41 minutes ago, lraC said:

Did he say when he will be able to talk about it, or is it a way of sweeping it under the carpet forever?

I suspect the second one. But, I’ll bring it up at July’s meeting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I think this needs immediately bringing to the attention of Waggott and maybe some pressure form the various groups, especially given how much has come in from recent transfer, which unless I am very mistaken, if way above what PNE have received.

Don't renew, don't be taken for a ride, by these people anymore.

Swag knows full well, but as PNE brought in slightly less in gate receipts than us last season, that’s that.

Short term bottom line over the long term re-building and engaging of the fanbase, just so they can show the owners that they’ve hit some arbitrary revenue target, oh and bonuses all round - and why would he care about the long term health of the fanbase when he won’t be here to see it come to fruition.

A season to season existence, zero long term planning or strategy.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was told yesterday that Ian Silvester has gone, in fact he went around two weeks ago. It was put down as 'early retirement' so read into that what you will. My educated guess is that he has been made the scapegoat and paid off. Perhaps there might be a snippet of information comes out officially from the club but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an investigation. The assistant secretary has assumed his duties.

Ok. So Sarah Logan who was assistant club Secretary under Slivester has now taken over the club secretary duties? 

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I suspect the second one. But, I’ll bring it up at July’s meeting.

Can you asked whether Slivester has gone and has Sarah Logan taken over his duties? 

So the assistant takes over from her boss.

Presumably on a lot less money and no experience in the role

I'm sure that's the ideal way to address the 'January issues' and ensure there's no repeat.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

So the assistant takes over from her boss.

Presumably on a lot less money and no experience in the role

I'm sure that's the ideal way to address the 'January issues' and ensure there's no repeat.

She has been assisted club secretary for 9 years and been at Rovers for over 12 years

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-logan-7390a347?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app

Silvester was retiring anyway wasn't he?

The "investigation" will now be swept under the carpet. IS will probably get a nice sweetener into his pension for taking the blame on the transfer fiasco. We all know full well that the application was 'saved' and not 'submitted' because venkys didn't allow it.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok. So Sarah Logan who was assistant club Secretary under Slivester has now taken over the club secretary duties? 

Can you asked whether Slivester has gone and has Sarah Logan taken over his duties? 

Sarah to the rescue!!

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

She has been assisted club secretary for 9 years and been at Rovers for over 12 years

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-logan-7390a347?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app

So you think the solution to what happened in January is to get rid of a vastly experienced Secretary and replace him with his assistant, and expect everything to be fine?

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So you think the solution to what happened in January is to get rid of a vastly experienced Secretary and replace him with his assistant, and expect everything to be fine?

It won't happen again, HONEST.

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Swag knows full well, but as PNE brought in slightly less in gate receipts than us last season, that’s that.

Short term bottom line over the long term re-building and engaging of the fanbase, just so they can show the owners that they’ve hit some arbitrary revenue target, oh and bonuses all round - and why would he care about the long term health of the fanbase when he won’t be here to see it come to fruition.

A season to season existence, zero long term planning or strategy.

This is where the fans have to vote with their feet.

I implore anyone considering renewing, if the prices are not reduced by at least 20% need to lobby Waggott instead of blindly renewing.

If enough simply say, my maximum price is £x so I will not renew at your price, he will have to do something about it.

Everyone needs to stick together for the longer term good of the club and not the shot term good of this clown.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tbh JH, Slivester should have gone after O'Brien mess in my opinion. After this January deadline mess with McGuire transfer. He would have gone with 48 hours of that happening if I was in charge at Ewood. 

She clearly has the experience of 9 years being assistant club secretary and I have no problem with internal promoting someone as long as they can do the job and has relevant knowledge and expertise. Does your workplace not internal promote staff instead of always looking external? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh JH, Slivester should have gone after O'Brien mess in my opinion. After this January deadline mess with McGuire transfer. He would have gone with 48 hours of that happening if I was in charge at Ewood. 

She clearly has the experience of 9 years being assistant club secretary and I have no problem with internal promoting someone as long as they can do the job and has relevant knowledge and expertise. Does your workplace not internal promote staff instead of always looking external? 

You are absolutely right and I am sure she can do the job, possibly as well if not better than Sylvester. The problem is as we all know, it is people above who are causing the real problems, yet they remain in place and unscathed, while the whole thing crashes and burns.