BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

They will justify it on the usual basis - that we need to 'help' the owners, that we need to 'reduce' our reliance on the owners, that we need to comply with FFP and that if we cut ticket prices it will simply mean less cash left over to spend on players and transfers.

All a load of crap of course, but music to the ears of the apologists, as proven by the fact that we carried a far greater wage bill and transfer outlay years ago with cheaper ticket prices, but back then we didn't have a CEO paid on the basis of saving the owners money and willing to do whatever it takes, including destroying the club, to achieve his personal targets.

There is not a single reason to believe that this CEO will come up with anything better than a price freeze and probably some offer with multiple strings attached that isn't worth the trouble. One look at his track record tells us that. He isn't in the business of reading the room and making drastic changes to reflect that, he will simply double down and push it through regardless.

Remember back in the covid days when he lied, twice, first by stating that people would be compensated for missed games in the covid season and then by saying the club would reduce future season ticket prices to compensate people instead. Neither happened, so I'd take his comments at the  moment with a lot of salt because he'll say one thing when on the spot and then deliver something different when sat secure in his office with his targets to meet.

He knows he's getting at least 6000 whatever league we are in and whatever price he comes up with.

His biggest problem is going to be plugging the £10 million black hole from relegation and missing out on the away support bonanzas offered by Leeds, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Dingles, Preston and co. if we go down. That will be his biggest concern.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

It’s not “ the freeze “ , nor the 3% increase, nor the possible reduction. 
I will not be renewing as I can , no longer , stomach the rot  from the ownership and the management. We’ve had similar unpleasantness for many seasons but the complete lack of guts of the “ men “ wearing the shirt has finished me off.

I stood embarrassed at the final whistle of the Sheffield W game …I was angry, frustrated…but most of all sad…..as I will not return to Ewood as things stand with this shell of a club. 

My first season was 1964 ..60 years , I saw before Jack’s money, during it and since it.I saw some poor stuff but never what is being produced now.  I’ve never felt as disconnected as I do now. 
I truly hope we survive for those who continue to support ..as for the club…that’s me done. Very sad day for me …

• Like 9

• Moderation Lead

Obviously, we’ve had no confirmation either way, but I’d be amazed if there was any sort of price drop at all.

Particularly if, as suspected, there’s a drop off in sales, then SW will need to hit his revenue targets.
Which to him are obviously far more important….

• Like 2

I'm still amazed they keep the Riverside open with there love of shutting stands. 

Surely it can't have that much longer left especially with dwindling ST holders next season?

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm still amazed they keep the Riverside open with there love of shutting stands. 

Surely it can't have that much longer left especially with dwindling ST holders next season?

Stop giving the scum more fuel

I'm sure it occurs to him every summer to do it and it will probably be the next step on Steve's race to the bottom which he will turn to eventually.

For now he'll have worked out the costs and benefits. At the moment there's 1000 or so ST holders in there many of whom would be furious if the club asked them to move and many of whom wouldn't move elsewhere they'd just not buy. Most of these people will be in his 6000-7000 bankables who he needs to renew every season at his prices to hit his targets. He'll know that he's taking a risk if he starts going after those people.

Expect it to happen only as a last resort or if relegation occurs and he grows increasingly desperate in his cost cutting schemes.

But think of all the lovely savings on cleaning and maintenance, the fact you could lose long standing ST holders will be an afterthought, just like it was with the Darwen End and Blackburn End Upper closures. 

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

How they could justify a price rise on a product which is becoming ever inferior* is beyond me.

Sheff Wednesday released 24/25 season ticket prices in January, whilst 6 points adrift from safety! 

Prices have gone up too, dearest £720 if bought early, cheapest £460 if bought early, they only go up in price from there!

Its good to know its not only us who has ******* bonkers owners.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw it mentioned in the fans forum that the average ticket at other clubs has gone up 3/4% or whatever its clear what is being positioned.

Best we could hope for is a price freeze ( which as another poster said is £50 more than most paid last year).

If PNE tickets are £250 does that make ours almost £200 more expensive? Plus no free child places. 

And the club/players wonder why we are all so pissed off and won't renew.

Big City clubs like Sheffield can always get away with though quite simply because there are that many people there and their fanbase is so big within the city that enough will always stump up stupid money.

Thousands of long standing fans will have given up but there is always some to replace them and if they did reasonably priced ones they'd get 30k every week.

The arseholes in suits with their power point presentations just cash in on whatever they can to hit their bonus targets as soon as they can.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Haven’t heard anything, just had discussions. This would be very disappointing.

Thanks Duncan for the reply. 

There is only 1 way he will revenue targets and that is lowering the prices and make them more attractive to people/families to sell more and hitting his target otherwise it will low crowd and not hit his revenue target 

18 minutes ago, roverblue said:

As soon as I saw it mentioned in the fans forum that the average ticket at other clubs has gone up 3/4% or whatever its clear what is being positioned.

Best we could hope for is a price freeze ( which as another poster said is £50 more than most paid last year).

If PNE tickets are £250 does that make ours almost £200 more expensive? Plus no free child places. 

And the club/players wonder why we are all so pissed off and won't renew.

Ever get the feeling youve been cheated?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Sheff Wednesday released 24/25 season ticket prices in January, whilst 6 points adrift from safety! 

Prices have gone up too, dearest £720 if bought early, cheapest £460 if bought early, they only go up in price from there!

It’s good to know it’s not only us who has ******* bonkers owners.

Just taken a look, current range is £535 to £765!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Obviously, we’ve had no confirmation either way, but I’d be amazed if there was any sort of price drop at all.

Particularly if, as suspected, there’s a drop off in sales, then SW will need to hit his revenue targets.
Which to him are obviously far more important….

They’ll sell very few new tickets if they increase the prices.

They’ll almost certainly lose some existing sales if they increase the prices.

The man is a moron.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Just taken a look, current range is £535 to £765!

….and they could be playing league 1 football next season! 

Big city club and bigger fan base yes, but those prices are criminal.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm afraid that it will take a lot of improvement at the club to get me to buy a new ST.  

I am in the same boat , I will pick my matches next season.... probably mostly away which ever division, we are in !

The circus will continue but not with my money !

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Worry for me is that there’s no plan, no intention to succeed and no ambition.

As well as obviously feeling we won’t get any of the Wharton, Raya, or likely Szmodics cash to go back into the squad, I just wonder what the point of it all is tbh.

My mate I sit with is the same and this is two people who’ve had season tickets for 30+ years and I imagine, others will be the same.

• Like 2

Most round me were all ‘see you next season’, as was my father in law who comes over from Lytham and he has wavered in the past.

Obviously this place we are forensic observers of the club and aghast with it all, but there probably won’t be mass non renewals as many just want to watch a game every fortnight and will just renew out of habit - the owners/‘leaders’ of this club  are bloody lucky the majority of football fans are like that as they certainly don’t deserve such loyalty.