BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

5 hours ago, J*B said:

And unfortunately no matter how good willed it is, it won't happen because its far too ambitious for a man who's sole job is to deliver the bare minimum without rocking the boat. 

He still fails to even do that.

• Like 1

I turn 65 in a few days, so I am entitled to a senior ticket. I still will not be getting one. I stick by my opinion that everyone who buys a season ticket, makes Waggots job easier.

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for your efforts Duncan, We Are The Rovers and Fans Forum on these issues. 

Can I ask what is slight reduction to standard ST prices? 

I agree with most of points there. 

I can understand your previous post about our revenue needed to remain the same but we also need to increase the ST based and surely we should be looking at growing the fanbase and filling Ewood Park where we have 12k ST holders and by having ST lower means Match day prices can be lower. 

My idea is, ST prices for Riverside of £200, BBE and LJW for £250, JWU for £300. ST's for under 12 a pound for the season. Match day prices weekend games £15 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £20. Midweek game £10 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £15. 

We have had a lot of discussions over the past couple of years about making a significant reduction to ticket prices but it’s always been countered with the need to hit a revenue target that Venky’s have set. They don’t believe that a big reduction would improve sales enough for them to still meet that figure and have dismissed the idea in previous years.

I should also point out that we first pitched our ideas for next season to them months ago, before the transfer window debacle and the complete collapse of our form. We’ve continued to have discussions and since pointed out that they ought to be expecting a significantly bigger drop off in renewals than they have seen for the past couple of years, and that they need to think about doing something drastic to mitigate this before they start thinking about attracting new season ticket holders or re-engaging with lapsed ones. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t you buy a match ticket most weeks? Is that not doing the same? In fact he’ll make more out of you.

I don't go as regularly now. Train strikes and midweek or late kick-offs, as well as price, effect this. I will probably be going even less next season, I am getting out of the habit.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bolton sold 13,000 season tickets for next year.

They don't know what league they are going to be in.

What are we doing?

Nor do we and yet Swag and the Indians still prevaricate. Whatever the outcome of the relegation ‘battle’, I can see sub 10,000 league gates being the norm. These idiots have ruined our club and spurned every opportunity to build on our much reduced and depressed fan base. Imagine not having ST details / sales or even 3 /5 year options available at the Oxford promotion fixture, that really could have been a building block for this once great club. Fuck no, Swag and the Indians just couldn’t be bothered and the opportunity was gone, absolute retards and charlatans.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Quite frankly I wouldn't purchase at half the price right now.

Shell of Club.

I must admit , i am considering not bothering with an ST next season...Just go to a few away game weekends and grounds that i have never visited... 

More live games next season if we stay up another reason !

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We have had a lot of discussions over the past couple of years about making a significant reduction to ticket prices but it’s always been countered with the need to hit a revenue target that Venky’s have set. They don’t believe that a big reduction would improve sales enough for them to still meet that figure and have dismissed the idea in previous years.

I should also point out that we first pitched our ideas for next season to them months ago, before the transfer window debacle and the complete collapse of our form. We’ve continued to have discussions and since pointed out that they ought to be expecting a significantly bigger drop off in renewals than they have seen for the past couple of years, and that they need to think about doing something drastic to mitigate this before they start thinking about attracting new season ticket holders or re-engaging with lapsed ones. 

Does it even get as far as Vs rejecting it or in reality is it just Waggot and their guy in the shadows batting it off using the excuse ?

• Like 2

With the desperation of saving money etc I'm suprised that they are willing to still open the Riverside for next season with how small the uptake is and will be in there, and I sit in there.

Has there been any discussions about that being a possibility?

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

With the desperation of saving money etc I'm suprised that they are willing to still open the Riverside for next season with how small the uptake is and will be in there, and I sit in there.

Has there been any discussions about that being a possibility?

The day they shut the Riverside they will approach it in the same way they did the Darwen End closure.

Basically no consultation or advance warning just an announcement that it's shut and 'find somewhere else to sit'.

They don't think far enough ahead or care about fans enough to plan for this or run a process of discussing it. They'll just make the decision based on their immediate cashflow and targets and tough sh*t if you don't like it.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2024 at 13:38, Miller11 said:

Thanks for the reply Duncan. 

I think they should be on sale now and get them on sale as early as possible as people circumstances change throughout the year/season

On 11/04/2024 at 11:50, Mattyblue said:

Don’t you buy a match ticket most weeks? Is that not doing the same? In fact he’ll make more out of you.

I don't go as regularly now. Train strikes and midweek or late kick-offs, as well as price, effect this. I will probably be going even less next season, I am getting out of the habit.

• Backroom

For me to even consider a ST affordable, they need to knock a good £100 off the price before any gimmicks/offers.

I’d start with saying ‘Twenty’s plenty’ for all games. No ticket should cost more than that (fuck other club comparisons, I’m talking demographics of the area and basic morals).

Say £20 for JWU, £15 everywhere else. OAP/Student/Armed service/Blue Lights £15 JWU, £10 everywhere else. Chn £5.

Every league and cup game at Ewood.

Then work backwards. There are 23 games, would be £460 JWU etc etc. So I’d look at:

£300 JWU, £250 everywhere else.

Concesions (as described above), £250 JWU, £200 everywhere else.

Chn £100 including the latest home/away shirt, free printing. £75 w/o.

While we’re at it, add a drink to the pie/mash/peas offer and make it a tenner.

It’s been boom time for attendances across the game (apart from here), so it will be interesting to see in a year’s time if the constant pissing about with KOs, the majority of your home games on TV impacts ST sales. 

You see it with the red button games, loads of ST holders at clubs sweve them, but they still buy a ST as generally there are still plenty of non-Sky 3pm KOs to go to, that won’t be the case going forward and it will give them a decision to make.

14 hours ago, rigger said:

I wonder if season ticket prices will be announced now, after todays result ? 

I guess they will wait to see what division we are in. 

With the new TV deal coming in which guarantee championship clubs more money each season, I would use £1m of it to lower the cost of ST and match day prices. Already stated what I would charge for ST and match day prices. It should be about selling 12k season ticket and making it more affordable to families and people on low incomes next season.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about season tickets for next season and the tough sell to the fans that 2024/25 will bring (no matter which division) got me thinking about Rovers' poor home record this campaign. 

I also felt as though we've not scored too many at the Blackburn End this season, so looked into it further and we've scored 13 goals in front of our end! And only four Blackburn End goals in the 10 home games in 2024.

Rovers (League) Goals in front of the Blackburn End in 2023/24

1. 19/8/23 - Hull City - Gallagher goal to give Rovers the lead (lost 1-2)

2. 21/10/23 - Cardiff City - Rankin-Costello goal to give Rovers the lead (won 1-0)

3. 10/11/23 - Preston North End - Szmodics equalizer (lost 1-2)

4,5,6,7. 29/11/23 - Birmingham - Szmodics double, Hill and Leonard (won 4-2)

8. 12/12/23 - Bristol City - Scott Wharton header to give Rovers two goal lead (won 2-1)

9. 23/12/23 - Watford - Adam Wharton goal to give Rovers the lead (lost 1-2)

10. 1/1/24 - Rotherham - Szmodics goal to give Rovers the lead (drew 2-2)

11. 3/2/24 - QPR - Gallagher goal to make it 1-2 (lost 1-2)

12. 24/2/24 - Norwich - Hyam goal to equalise (drew 1-1)

13. 5/3/24 - Millwall - Szmodics goal to equalise (drew 1-1)