BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

39 minutes ago, superniko said:

I wonder what the contract with Sodexo is.

If they had half a brain between them, then there would be a clause depending on ST sales i.e. if we sell 8k, 10k, 12k, 15k+ season tickets we should be getting different income from Sodexo. It's bad enough they just offload all that to any old 3rd party, but financially it gives us no incentive to have more people in the ground if it's just a fixed fee regardless.

I’m not sure of any initial fees, but Rovers do get a percentage of concourse sales. Don’t quote me on it but I think it’s a third.

• Like 1

swag and his merry men hav`nt got a clue about their target market and show no intention of bothering to find out,hence season ticket prices are to high for the area and walk on prices are a complete joke,thats rovers in a nutshell,the lot of them on the board stealing a living with no interest in anything but their own self interest

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Any goodwill from existing paying fans has been burnt by Waggot and Venkys so they will lose rather than gain fans in summer I think.

Maybe if they invest in some good players and we get off to a good start there is a flurry of ST sales late in the summer.

£250 in the riverside and free tickets for u15s with a paying ST holder (like PNE do) would be a good start. Gets the younger crowd in and converts them to paying fans later in life.

Given the shambles on and off the pitch though I'm not sure even that would get more through the door, especially if we flog Sammy early doors.

Why riverside ? 

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

It was part of a bigger presentation with various ideas, some were better received than others and hopefully some will be incorporated.

The basic gist of it was:

- Need for entry level priced tickets in under occupied areas (limited number, very cheap)

- Slight reduction to standard ST price

- No change/slight increase to premium ST price

- Removal of barriers to stop people buying one (alternative to finance company backed DD, pro rata prices available into the season without deadlines)

- Additional benefits for those willing to pay more (the exact wording being instead of milking the hardcore offer them something extra), we suggested a number of “bolt ons” that could be sold with a ST

- Family discounts throughout the ground

- New category for U8s

- Flexi/PAYG tickets - a lot of discussion here particularly as we will have even less Saturday 3pm kick offs next year, and there is obviously a need to make sure a full season ticket remains more cost effective

Once again we see fans doing the job for a man on circa 300k.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Why riverside ? 

Combination of it being the quietest plus it’s well behind the standards of the other stands. It also used to be the cheap and cheerful option prior to covid.

Improve the ‘product’ on the pitch.

Agree no magic wand and will take time to rebuild years of mismanagement.

I know there are bigger issues than this but….
It would be nice for those paying premium prices not to have to constantly deal with people who have paid for a cheap ticket to try and sit in a more expensive one. Not even waiting to say half- time to see if anybody has turned up but occupying several seats 10 mins before kick-off. Rather than slinking off shame faced, they then move several times, only to be moved on yet again.

Cheaper options will be very welcome to some for sure but in terms of the overall picture it won't make a difference especially on the back on this last seasons mess both here and in India.

Just knock 50 quid off all current holders and 30 off new/lapsed buyers.

That should ensure another 9k maybe even grow it a bit to 10k which should be the target, one good cup game or loose change from Wharton/Raya covers it.

A good gesture that won't break the bank.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Cheaper options will be very welcome to some for sure but in terms of the overall picture it won't make a difference especially on the back on this last seasons mess both here and in India.

Just knock 50 quid off all current holders and 30 off new/lapsed buyers.

That should ensure another 9k maybe even grow it a bit to 10k which should be the target, one good cup game or loose change from Wharton/Raya covers it.

A good gesture that won't break the bank.

They could just use the money saved by not clicking send on the McGuire deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

They could just use the money saved by not clicking send on the McGuire deal.

Or a very small piece of the 30 plus million they'll have guaranteed as income inside a year by the time they sell Sammie.

If you aren't going to sign good players and still sell all the best ones you have you aren't going to pull in a good crowd it's basic football logic for any club.  Constantly weakening yourselves and running a low cost high risk model does not appeal to a fanbase.

So you have to find a way to compensate for that in order to draw in as much support as possible.

Otherwise you reap what you sow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The question is would say a £100 reduction move the dial sufficiently to maintain the level of income we currently have? 

Do we need to maintain the same level of income given transfer and media receipts over the last 2 seasons?

Why can't we have more people paying less, lower revenue, be chasing the top 6 and not have a firesale of assets, e.g. like Preston?

Truth be told our revenue makes no difference to our fortunes. Just like FFP doesn't

No FFP there would be no difference. Greater income and crowds would make no difference to how they run the club.

It's chronic mismanagement.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

Bolton, Preston, Huddersfield, Bradford are all examples of clubs who understand their fanbase and area.

They use initiatives which lead to affordable pricings. 

Obs Riverside should be cheaper. 

Family STs/flexible. 1 adult 1 kid, 1 adult 2 kids, 2 adults 1 kid etc...

Students should be cheaper.

Early birds should send out a 'wow' factor with fantastic savings. 

Finance needs sorting with so many fans turned down following being unable to pay full upfront. 

Better incentives needed with benefits attached for all ST holders.

This should have been done following the feel good factor following promotion from league one, instead Waggot has continually ripped the fans off.

Trouble is that's how you'd grow a crumbling fanbase, cheers Swag.

There's no reason why Rovers shouldn't be attracting around 13k STs at least, but right now under these clowns the product is way off.

• Like 3

Well it is a bit late for an early bird price, it's April 10th. i reckon prices will be the same as last year  £379 with the Riverside at £329  for all. Don't know what this talk of an introductory offer is, in there . if that  price is lower than renewals that would be asking for trouble. 

23rd March they went on sale last year, and we ‘didn’t know what league we’d be in’ then either (well, think we probably did).

You’d think they’d be desperate for some cash flow…

Edited by Mattyblue

20 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not sure of any initial fees, but Rovers do get a percentage of concourse sales. Don’t quote me on it but I think it’s a third.

Sales or profits?

Bolton have announced this morning that they have passed 12k ST sales.

Meanwhile our lot are still dithering about talking to fan groups about what to do, and then will probably do there own thing anyway.

23 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Once again we see fans doing the job for a man on circa 300k.

And unfortunately no matter how good willed it is, it won't happen because its far too ambitious for a man who's sole job is to deliver the bare minimum without rocking the boat. 

• Like 2

On 09/04/2024 at 14:36, Miller11 said:

It was part of a bigger presentation with various ideas, some were better received than others and hopefully some will be incorporated.

The basic gist of it was:

- Need for entry level priced tickets in under occupied areas (limited number, very cheap)

- Slight reduction to standard ST price

- No change/slight increase to premium ST price

- Removal of barriers to stop people buying one (alternative to finance company backed DD, pro rata prices available into the season without deadlines)

- Additional benefits for those willing to pay more (the exact wording being instead of milking the hardcore offer them something extra), we suggested a number of “bolt ons” that could be sold with a ST

- Family discounts throughout the ground

- New category for U8s

- Flexi/PAYG tickets - a lot of discussion here particularly as we will have even less Saturday 3pm kick offs next year, and there is obviously a need to make sure a full season ticket remains more cost effective

Thanks for your efforts Duncan, We Are The Rovers and Fans Forum on these issues. 

Can I ask what is slight reduction to standard ST prices? 

I agree with most of points there. 

I can understand your previous post about our revenue needed to remain the same but we also need to increase the ST based and surely we should be looking at growing the fanbase and filling Ewood Park where we have 12k ST holders and by having ST lower means Match day prices can be lower. 

My idea is, ST prices for Riverside of £200, BBE and LJW for £250, JWU for £300. ST's for under 12 a pound for the season. Match day prices weekend games £15 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £20. Midweek game £10 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £15.