BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously I’m talking about match goers, Mowbray was anything but popular on here.

You think Ewood really took to JDT, especially when you consider how well he did last season? I don’t.

Lets not confuse this place, with IRL.

I think that's completely right, but again, nobody was a match goer when things were going badly for Mowbray. If we didn't do so well in the first season back post-covid, we would've heard much more discontent. I think you could tell in his interviews towards the end that he didn't exactly feel flavour of the month anymore, even if he still had his backers.

And I can only speak as I find, but I genuinely don't remember anything at Ewood towards Tomasson which wasn't praise until possibly right towards the end. In fact I'd say he was one of the most popular managers we've had in my time watching Rovers. It says something about the fans being behind him when goals are conceded and the crowd immediately turns on the CEO and not the manager.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, M_B said:

I just don't  see the point in carrying negativity over into next season, given the difficult circumstances in which he took over this season.

If the same failings resurface and results don't improve , then obviously keeping him on would be the wrong choice.

Its not about carrying negativity though. The point is I dont think its a realistic expectation to totally wipe clean and forget any opinion we hold about the manager. Doesnt mean it seaps into booing him and chanting him out or anything silly.

You could say the same about players, we have opinions on players. You dont go into a new season without an opinion on players good or bad because its a new season thus a clean slate. 

• Like 2

Really, Admiral? Not my experience, at all. I don’t recall anybody around me ever singing JDT’s praises even when riding high.

Whereas Teflon Tony could do no wrong until the bitter end. Maybe I somehow ended up sat in the Saint Anthony fan club, but I doubt it.

If we stop up I’d give him the first half of next season despite having reservations. If we go down then , considering where we were when he took over, I have little confidence he could lead us back up and I would prefer to be shut of him. 

Would I renew my season ticket at existing prices? I honestly don’t know. It’s easy to be knee-jerk and say no, but with the prospect of either loads of unfriendly kick off times in the championship or the likes of Lincoln, Stevenage and Northampton to look forward to its not appealing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Really, Admiral? Not my experience, at all. I don’t recall anybody around me ever singing JDT’s praises even when riding high.

Whereas Teflon Tony could do no wrong until the bitter end. Maybe I somehow ended up sat in the Saint Anthony fan club, but I doubt it.

We must sit in different parts of the ground! I think there was always a bit of suspicion that his style of football would end in tears, but I always got the sense that he was personally very popular. Compare him to Big Sam for instance, who I always got the sense was tolerated rather than liked.  

The trouble with Mowbray is that he didn't have a bitter end as much as a bitter middle, and that bitter middle was when we legally had to stay away from football grounds. He was never going to get stick when we were in a promotion/play off shout in his last season (at least until about April anyway). 

If they see sense and use the additional TV money to offer a *decent* price reduction (not twenty quid off an early bird) they may just about tread water.

However, if they pig headedly stick to £400/£500 pricing then it’s going to be catastrophic. Probably worse than 2021 when we didn’t even hit 7k. So the kind of figures a fair few sides in League 2 won’t be a million miles off.

• Like 2

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

We must sit in different parts of the ground! I think there was always a bit of suspicion that his style of football would end in tears, but I always got the sense that he was personally very popular. Compare him to Big Sam for instance, who I always got the sense was tolerated rather than liked.  

The trouble with Mowbray is that he didn't have a bitter end as much as a bitter middle, and that bitter middle was when we legally had to stay away from football grounds. He was never going to get stick when we were in a promotion/play off shout in his last season (at least until about April anyway). 

Oh people liked him personally, who wouldn’t, but football wise, not a chance he was preferred over TM.

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not about carrying negativity though. The point is I dont think its a realistic expectation to totally wipe clean and forget any opinion we hold about the manager. Doesnt mean it seaps into booing him and chanting him out or anything silly.

You could say the same about players, we have opinions on players. You dont go into a new season without an opinion on players good or bad because its a new season thus a clean slate. 

Because I know where this goes.We've already had it this season with "Stokegate",who cares who got the 3 points? 

Then we had where's the next win coming from? He won 2,then it's what about home wins? 

I've never cared how we stay up as long as we do. I'll give him a clean slate from next season. 

my wishful thoughts on the matter...

SAFE STANDING IN THE BBE (not sure where, though)

THE DARWEN END S01 OPEN FOR HOME SUPPORTERS.

SEASON TICKETS AT £220 FOR THE RIVERSIDE/DARWEN END/BBE

just hope the club doesn't shaft the loyal supporters, once again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brfc Harry said:

3% increase in ST prices across the board.

If this happened, it would show how out of touch the senior leadership team are with...well, reality.

Record low sales and we would be a laughing stock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

If this happened, it would show how out of touch the senior leadership team are with...well, reality.

Record low sales and we would be a laughing stock.

Remember where you saw it 1st.

Just like the Premiership clubs will be the reason

9 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Put the finances to one side for a moment.

What do you think of the reduction in Saturday 3pm games? Do you think that's a price worth paying and fair on the match going fan? Or do you think that, once again, the powers that be are simply cashing in and thinking only of subscribions? 

Its been coming to EFL when the clubs wanted more money from TV rights meaning that they would have been more games shown meaning a reduction in 3pm kick offs. Personally it doesn't bother me but I can accept it will affect some fans and match going attendance to games cos people have family or work commitments or people play Football on Saturday morning or Sunday morning meaning they can't go. 

From my prospect, the price I paid for ST is fine and reasonable as I make every home game but not everyone can for the reasons above I highlighted above you. 

That why I suggested and posted on here what I think ST for adults should be for next season and going forward. My motto would be fill Ewood Park and get a good match day atmosphere for the players being the priority, They should have been on sale 2 months ago like other clubs do like Bolton.  Whether Rovers management is another question. We will have wait and see.   

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if clubs agree to subsidise season ticket prices, which is a nice idea but will not happen. The number of games that Sky will be showing and allowed to be showed by the EFL is a disgrace. And even with cheaper tickets, season tickets will become less and less appealing when such disregard is shown by Sky and the EFL to match going fans making it impossible for many to attend so many fixtures when in the past, most would be 3pm on Saturday and only a fraction would be moved at the inconvience of the supporter.

Football is nothing without fans? Dont make me laugh.

Rovers will have to do to attract supporters to games. Anything else will affect match day attendance in reduction of fans being there. 

You can keep blaming Sky all you want but you attached no blame to the clubs of the EFL wanted a better TV rights income. Anyone would know that would have to lead to more games on TV for that to bring in more TV income. Fairly simple situation

9 hours ago, M_B said:

That is exactly where I am, the job has always been staying up. If we do, this period should be of benefit to Eustace as to what is and isn't needed going forward. 

I don't really see the point in getting rid of him, only to take another off the conveyor when he has already assessed the situation. 

Eustace need to be allow to bring in his own players and shape the squad he wants next season like JDT did 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brfc Harry said:

3% increase in ST prices across the board.

From what I heard, there will be no definite decision on prices until we know for certain what league we will be playing in next year.

I'm not sure if prices in league 1 would be any lower than they were in the Championship this year.

But ultimately, there will be very little difference from last years prices as Waggott has the same targets to hit. Perhaps prices will remain the same if we go down and rise slightly if we stay up. There won't be any nice surprises that is for sure

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

From what I heard, there will be no definite decision on prices until we know for certain what league we will be playing in next year.

I'm not sure if prices in league 1 would be any lower than they were in the Championship this year.

But ultimately, there will be very little difference from last years prices as Waggott has the same targets to hit. Perhaps prices will remain the same if we go down and rise slightly if we stay up. There won't be any nice surprises that is for sure

Lucky me, I am entitled to a senior ticket next season, I doubt if I will take up the offer.

• Like 1

So potentally a price rise on top of Sky/EFL moving loads more kick offs to stupid times, that off the back of a season whereby the owners negligence has really been there for all to see and we have won 6 home games all season, amidst a horrendous campaign in which the new uninspiring manager has won 0 of those? Sounds like a recipe for some big crowds.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Yes 3% for championship

I'll be amazed if the club listen to anything the supporters groups have put forward to be honest.

Fully expecting a "price freeze" of £429 to start with (which is £50 more than i paid last season, so not a price freeze at all), and then maybe the small increase after 1 pay day.

Edited by MarkBRFC

If it is another ‘freeze’, or some pitiful ‘reduction’, or even an increase, then do the WATR leadership on here think you’ve not been treated in good faith and they are just paying lip service to you as fan groups?

And if so where does that leave the relationship?

Edited by Mattyblue

How they could justify a price rise on a product which is becoming ever inferior* is beyond me.

‘we need the money’ would be at total odds with their assertion that the owner’s ongoing court case won’t affect the running the club.

* both in terms of the quality on the pitch and the number of matches being moved for TV.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If it is another ‘freeze’, or some pitiful ‘reduction’, or even an increase, then do the WATR leadership on here think you’ve not been treated in good faith and they are just paying lip service to you as fan groups?

And if so where does that leave the relationship?

Was the chairman there ?