BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supply and demand. Sky charge what they do simply because the demand is there.

The money swishing around in football is purely because of the armchair viewer. The match going fan is an afterthought to the powers that be; we don't register with them.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

there's no hope when people big up rip off Britain. So chaddy you've done dodgy things in the past but why moan at folk doing what you did in the past . Stinks of hypocrisy. There was a thing on nfluk ( i think) a year or so ago and they broke down if you wanted to watch hings legally including sport from other countries and to do it it legit it worked out at something like 2 grand a month . You must have a good job chaddy lad . Sky on its is own is a rip off and then if you want footy you need sky , amazon and BT. (I'm shitty at maths but what does that work out at ?

I don't have BT Sport Abbey. 

I paid £30 a month for Sky Sports Abbey plus £8 for amazon prime. Bargain in my opinion. Loads of footy, cricket, F1 to watch. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even without Prime and BT, just the sky sports packages are extortionately priced. How anyone can claim they are value for money is crazy. Flawed logic just saying well actually I want to watch the sport, that doesnt justify the prices. And clearly many wont or cant pay those prices hence why so many are forced to stream.

It's £30 per month. Think about much spend on a night out or meal out. It's £50 for you and your partner somewhere decent. If you think 30 pounds a month is alot given loads of football, cricket and couple of F1 race a month then I give up with you

Of course, the VFM factor also comes down to what you ate interested in. I'd concede that if you like cricket, golf, rugby union, F1 etc. and sport is your primary interest/social expense then fair enough, £30 all you can eat is great.

If however you only like football, and your interest in that competes with other expensive hobbies like weekend city breaks or live music etc. then all of a sudden £x per month is rather unattractive.

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

£50 for two people...crikey, I'd love to know where you eat out these days for that @chaddyrovers !!!

Crafty fox in Accrington. Great food. Great owner. Great chef. 

Just 1 course with a couple of drinks. 

But mainly I've stop eating out cos I prefer to make at home and buy from local meat providers 

• Like 1

Definitely do; takeaway choices, eat out choices, tv subscriptions, soft drink choices, butchers, the cut down on the booze.

You need a ‘diary of a season’, like Big Al’s in ‘95.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Definitely do; takeaway choices, eat out choices, tv subscriptions, soft drink choices, butchers, the cut down on the booze.

no thanks Matty but nice idea 👍

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Sky £30 a month all in including the Sports package?

£30 for the Sports package for my package. I haven't posted what I paid overall for my Sky, Netflix and Disney plus package which is all in one for me. I think its bargain considering what is included and given that there is something for everything there who lived in my house

A new Sky Customers could get Sky Q and Sports for £51. 

On 19/04/2024 at 09:53, Mattyblue said:

Don’t forget the orange Wednesdays at the cinema and the ewood burger van 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86