BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so go after the people illegal streaming it and watching it illegal in the UK. 

They can’t. Otherwise they would. (And I mean Sky, Netflix, Apple etc, not Rovers)

It’s like copying tapes or CD’s in the 80s and 90s, or illegally downloading music and films from the Noughties onwards.

The advantage of selling the live experience is that the only way to see it is to  attend. When SKY show a game and pay £100k per game plus the TV rights per year then fair enough. But for iFollow games, the amount of money it generates is probably less that what it costs the club in lost attendees.

Of course your big clubs who sell out will welcome streaming as it won’t affect them. Plus their online buys will be huge worldwide. But a club like Rovers or Preston…..

Edited by Hasta

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://hexus.net/business/news/internet/148243-uk-football-season-sparks-illegal-iptv-crackdown-fact/

3 years ago. Same story. Made no difference.

But we are off topic.

The point is iFollow, and it’s knock on effect with IPTV and dodgy online streams, has always been a hinderance to Rovers attendances but the UK side of the service probably made it financially worth it. If it is just “abroad only”, clubs like ours could probably be better off financially not doing it at all, as it will increase home attendances.

Edited by Hasta

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

But we are off topic.

The point is iFollow, and it’s knock on effect with IPTV and dodgy online streams, has always been a hinderance to Rovers attendances but the UK side of the service probably made it financially worth it. If it is just “abroad only”, clubs like ours could probably be better off financially not doing it at all, as it will increase home attendances.

fair enough

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/premier-league-news-scores-live-updates-latest/EHSSnpggfQ3o/MLC4sazPdme8/

""iFollow and club streaming services will be replaced in the UK next season as part of Sky Sports’ new five-year English Football League (EFL) broadcast deal.

All midweek fixtures in the Championship, League One and League Two will be shown live on Sky from the 2024-25 campaign to 2028-29.

These fixtures had previously been available to watch in the UK on EFL subscription service iFollow and clubs’ in-house streaming services, plus on Sky’s red button.

A Sky Sports statement read: "From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

iFollow was first introduced by the EFL in 2017.""

• Like 1

Sky prices are extortionate and you rarely watch a Championship game nowadays on TV without the song "Sky TV is fucking shit" such is their disregard towards fans. Leeds have been on basically every game, I bet they havent had many 3pm kick offs this season.

• Moderation Lead

With the cost of Sky, it’s absolutely no wonder so many people are sourcing games illegally.

It definitely won’t get any cheaper either, with the new TV deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Probably so in past, currently deffo not. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

With the cost of Sky, it’s absolutely no wonder so many people are sourcing games illegally.

It definitely won’t get any cheaper either, with the new TV deal. 

Sky offered a vast variety of different types of programs and sporting events plus loads and loads of different types of movies. Personally I think it deffo worth of the money given the amount of quality sport they coverage whether its PL, EFL, F1, cricket, golf, plus the range of movies and Tv shows they have. 

Sky have invested in EFL and its competitions for the long term

That's me not watching Rovers on the midweeks etc. any more then. I adore Rovers but I utterly resent Sky and everything they stand for. I can't in all good faith bring myself to hand them a tenner if I want to watch us at Swansea on a Tuesday next season or whatever, nor can I be arsed to circumvent it. 

(Before anyone says the obvious, I live in the Midlands. Birmingham or West Brom is golden for me midweek, Ewood less so!)

How anyone can justify the extortionate Sky prices is beyond me. That is a big factor in streaming being so common now, Sky have made it unaffordable to watch sport for many people.

Those prices will likely only go up, inconvenience to matchday going fans will go up with even more games moved, attendances will go down, ticket prices will go up, wages will go up, who is winning here?

Non parachute payment Championship clubs make considerable losses. Not saying that is just down to Sky, but still. 

Off on a tangent slightly. But there are no Premier League sides in the semi finals of either major European competition. Im not saying it is or isnt, but will it dampen the "best league in the world" narrative that Sky love to promote?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How anyone can justify the extortionate Sky prices is beyond me. That is a big factor in streaming being so common now, Sky have made it unaffordable to watch sport for many people.

Those prices will likely only go up, inconvenience to matchday going fans will go up with even more games moved, attendances will go down, ticket prices will go up, wages will go up, who is winning here?

Non parachute payment Championship clubs make considerable losses. Not saying that is just down to Sky, but still. 

Off on a tangent slightly. But there are no Premier League sides in the semi finals of either major European competition. Im not saying it is or isnt, but will it dampen the "best league in the world" narrative that Sky love to promote?

Apparently the Premier League being the best in the world is the reason why the Premier League clubs are struggling in Europe…

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13117764/paul-merson-says-premier-league-is-still-best-in-world-so-why-the-big-flop-from-english-clubs-in-europe

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Depends on the person surely. Given that I am massively Football fan, cricket fan, watch F1 race throughout the season plus others things Sky offered  

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But one massive point you missed is that EFL and its clubs wanted more money for TV rights, so it was clearly more games needed to go TV. 

Rovers should used some of the money from the new TV deal to lower ST prices and Match day prices. 

there's no hope when people big up rip off Britain. So chaddy you've done dodgy things in the past but why moan at folk doing what you did in the past . Stinks of hypocrisy. There was a thing on nfluk ( i think) a year or so ago and they broke down if you wanted to watch hings legally including sport from other countries and to do it it legit it worked out at something like 2 grand a month . You must have a good job chaddy lad . Sky on its is own is a rip off and then if you want footy you need sky , amazon and BT. (I'm shitty at maths but what does that work out at ?)

its crazy .

Even without Prime and BT, just the sky sports packages are extortionately priced. How anyone can claim they are value for money is crazy. Flawed logic just saying well actually I want to watch the sport, that doesnt justify the prices. And clearly many wont or cant pay those prices hence why so many are forced to stream.

To be fair to the Chadster, value is in the eye of the beholder, if he think he has his money’s worth, then fair enough. Indeed the only reason Sky can pay out their billions is because millions of others think the same.

• Like 1