BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Being drunk and falling asleep at a radiohead concert is probably a blessing in disguise.

In other music news, Busted have complained that being labelled a boy band is offensive.   Much like their music.

I was told by Bellamy11 and T4E that they said beacuse they write their own songs, they are a rock band.

What a load of crap, they're pop #### and the sooner they disappear the better.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being drunk and falling asleep at a radiohead concert is probably a blessing in disguise.

In other music news, Busted have complained that being labelled a boy band is offensive.   Much like their music.

I was told by Bellamy11 and T4E that they said beacuse they write their own songs, they are a rock band.

If they are a rock band then let them play the Leeds festival or next years Download festival, if they are really serious then let them appear at the Bulldog Bash.  It will be worth going just to chuck bottles of p1ss at them.

If they are a rock band then let them play the Leeds festival or next years Download festival, if they are really serious then let them appear at the Bulldog Bash.  It will be worth going just to chuck bottles of p1ss at them.

It'd be daphene and celeste all over again. Heaven knows what idiot thought they'd be a good addition to the Reading and Leeds bill.

God, isn't that right. They are shee-ite, and pretentious shee-ite at that.

As for Busted, they are f**king hilarious.

Its good job your not going to see them then isnt it! As your not theres no need to get so upset about them is there.

Rovermatt Posted on Nov. 19 2003, 12:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (SteB @ Nov. 18 2003, 15:43)

As for Busted, they are f**king hilarious.

Busted have also said that they are a band!!  Do these boys not realise that most bands plug there guitars in and actually play them

Its good job your not going to see them then isnt it! As your not theres no need to get so upset about them is there.

I'm hardly getting 'upset' about it. ???

Cocker, that was the first thing that I noticed about Busted; no wires, no amps...no drums.

Rovermatt Posted on Nov. 19 2003, 15:40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (damo grabbi @ Nov. 19 2003, 12:26)

Quote (Rovermatt @ Nov. 19 2003, 12:15)

Quote (SteB @ Nov. 18 2003, 15:43)

I'm hardly getting 'upset' about it.  

Cocker, that was the first thing that I noticed about Busted; no wires, no amps...no drums.

It gets better.  They actually sang live (apart from playing the guitars) on SMTV at the weekend and there voices have started to break - it really doesn't help a hang over

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any views on which of these is the better video to be the owner of?

Westway to the World

The Essential Clash

Ta.

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing either Rosie, but remember The Clash refusing to do telly (or was it just the BBC?), so Pans People/Legs & Co. having to dance to 'Bankrobber' on Top of the Pops.  

Even more scary though was the recent rumour of Bruce Springsteen fronting the band for Joe Strummer r.i.p. in a reunion tour!!  Somehow can't imagine Brucey doing 'Im so bored with the USA.'

Even more scary though was the recent rumour of Bruce Springsteen fronting the band for Joe Strummer r.i.p. in a reunion tour!!  Somehow can't imagine Brucey doing 'Im so bored with the USA.'

He did a version of London Calling, along with a couple others I think at the Grammys. Not to condone illegal file sharing, but I've seen the file shared illegally (and its pretty good).

He did a version of London Calling, along with a couple others I think at the Grammys. Not to condone illegal file sharing, but I've seen the file shared illegally (and its pretty good).

what a top verison that was

played with his lead guitar from his band and dave grohl and ?

god i have forgotten,  a shandy and i could forget anything  :D

Somehow can't imagine Brucey doing 'Im so bored with the USA.'

I don't know about that. I'm not a big Brucie fan but I do beleive thet "Born In The USA" was not quite the homage to the States that a number of people thought it was.

Rather like the Conservative Party conference from a while back playing Lennon's "Imagine" as the opening theme.

"Candy-coated Communism" I think Lennon called it.

Recently bought Jugulator by Judas Priest, the first album without Rob Halford singing. Only 4 bucks, but it's still pretty disappointing; Ripper Owens is actually a really good singer, but some of the lyrics and riffs are just unforgivable.

How are they pretentious, exactly?

It'd be daphene and celeste all over again. Heaven knows what idiot thought they'd be a good addition to the Reading and Leeds bill.

I nearly managed to hit the guitarist from Staind on the head with a bottle at Leeds this year...unfortunately he saw it coming and stepped to the side.  It wasn't filled with @#/? though...just an empty bottle.

I did have some stuff lined up for Good Charlotte but I ended up watching or doing something else.

Confession time...........you know you are a lost case when buying 'The Essential : Simon & Garfunkel'.

Maybe for nostalgia reasons, but there's some great songs on it (although still prefer the Lemonheads version of  'Mrs Robinson').

A newspapers 'Pops 50 best duets ever' was to blame as a reminder of S & G, but also including classic collaborations by: Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry, Morrissey & Siouxsie Sioux, PJ Harvey & Thom Yorke and Shane Macgowan & Kirsty Maccoll.

Number 1 was the scary but good 'Some Velvet Morning' by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra.

My thoughts entirely.

My thoughts entirely.

Ballet? How many RH fans will be going to watch this?

been listening to the jimi hendrix singles collection, now that guy really was god.

by the way, does anyone know which, if any, hendrix record 'machine gun' appears on?

It's on the Band of Gypsies album. Axis Bold as Love is my favourite  hendrix album, espeically the title track itself - brilliant!  :tu: