BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

I got an album in the sales today by a band called Fozzy, an american rock band, fronted by WWE wrestler Chris Jericho, it's a damn good album, if you can pick it up i'd reccomend you do so.

I've heard that they are very Maiden (etc) influenced. He plays bass as well doesn't he?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an album in the sales today by a band called Fozzy, an american rock band, fronted by WWE wrestler Chris Jericho, it's a damn good album, if you can pick it up i'd reccomend you do so.

I've heard that they are very Maiden (etc) influenced. He plays bass as well doesn't he?

It is very maidenish, i've got it on again now, it gets better with every listen.

I reccomend it very highly, download a couple of tracks, I reckon you'll like them.

Not sure if he plays bass as well, doesnt say in the album notes that he does.

For pure genius combined with absolute energy you can't beat The Wedding Present.

George Best, Bizarro and Seamonsters are three of the finest albums ever made!

Couldn't agree more.

George Best and Bizarro were quality and Anyone Can Make A Mistake is one of my favourite all time songs.

Went to see them 10 times in the late 80's and they were 1 hour of pure energy and noise, mixed with David Gedge's unique humour.

No encores and off home. When asked why he didn't do encores he used to say, 'if Fanny Craddock made a beautiful tasting cake would you ask her to make you another?'.

Totally profound.

The Wedding Present were, in my own humble opinion, one of this countries finest and most underrated bands.

Despite their bad press I bought every album and love them all. George Best and Bizarro are their finest moments though I have to agree.

Only saw them the once - in Carlisle of all places. Tremendous stuff.

Wonder where Dave Gedge is these days?

Although Gedge still maintains The Wedding Present haven't split up, he has been making music under the name Cinerama.

They have their good moments, but they are few and far between!

Don't be too surprised to see the Weddos reform!

It's a great album, i've been listening to it at work today, i'm going to see if I can get their other album tommorrow.

Which one have you got CR? Happenstance (sp) or another one? My kind of thing?

For me The Kings of Leon album was one of my favourite of 2003, My brother also saw them live and siad they were good.

The album is very consistent and in Joe's Head and California Waiting the band show real quality, I would certainly recommended.

Don't be put off by those people who claim they are fake (who cares?) and those who dislike the band just because the NME like them.

It's a great album, i've been listening to it at work today, i'm going to see if I can get their other album tommorrow.

Which one have you got CR? Happenstance (sp) or another one? My kind of thing?

I've got happenstance, went into local independant music shop yesterday and was told there was no 2nd album, but i'm sure there are 2.

As for you liking it, i'd say yes.

So, what are people looking forward to this year? Does anyone like the Blackburn band Tompaulin? They've got a Single Comp out very soon, and will have their second album out very shortly too. Also looking forward to the new Air and Zero 7 albums - hopefully nice and mellow.

One CD I'm also very much waiting for is the new Spectrum album (Sonic Boom - Spacemen 3 member). It was scheduled for a summer release last year, but was held back. Hopefully it'll be out at some point this year. It's meant to be a return to the "Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows" sound - brilliant!

Ste

Looking forward to? Metallica are playing Glasgow in June - even if the last album was crud it should be an awesome gig. Hopefully new albums from Lost Horizon and Luca Turilli (a good one this time would be nice). Plus, Judas Priest (with Rob Halford back :tu: ) are apparently doing a world tour.

Not sure what albums i'm looking forward to this year, I only know of a couple of albums that are out, i'll just see what comes along

Incubus have a new album out in the next couple of months, really looking forward to that, as well as Hundered Reasons.

Should be going to Glastonbury and Download festivals this year, if I can afford both, if not I think it'll be Glastonbury.

Does anyone like the Blackburn band Tompaulin

Speaking of bands from Blackburn, whats happening with The Burn?

Good question.

Didn't they sack the lead singer or something?

They sacked one of the members not the lead singer though. Went to see them preview some new songs at the Cellar bar a couple of months back, so Id expect a new album could be round the corner.

Currently listening to the outstanding Thea Gilmore, newish album "Avalanche". Never heard of her before I was given the CD for Christmas.

Thea Gilmore Link

“Engaging and intimate... Gilmore writes like someone raised on a diet of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits" - sounds great to me  :)

Currently listening to the outstanding Thea Gilmore, newish album "Avalanche". Never heard of her before I was given the CD for Christmas.

Going to see Thea Gilmore in London next month. Bought Avalanche on the strength of the single "Mainstream" and loved it.

Don't be too surprised to see the Weddos reform!

Now that would be something! Get them down KGH!!

Currently listening to popular rock group Ash. Their Intergalactic Sonic 7's CD. Picked it up for £6.99 from HMV. You could do a lot worse you know.