BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

At the moment Oi will be mostly listening to

'Society' dance albums (club in Liverpool)

Elvis Costello compilation I nabbed off the web

and

drum roll

*takes deep breath*

Busted do a fantastic version of Teenage Kicks

(teenage kicks by the undertones is one of my all time favourite records, and I never thought I would admit this but the Busted version is excellent. No sarcasm at all, theyve done a cracking job)

Edited by adopted scouser

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I got Blizzard of Ozz for 8 quid which is a bargain (back before Ozzy completly lost it). In Avalanche I went to buy a 2nd hand CD by a band called StormHammer only for the guy behind the counter to notice they'd been stupid enough to buy a copied CD from some chancer, so he sold it to me for £2. And it actually works as well (bonus)! smile.gif

Went to see BLAZE last night at the Cathouse, now that's Heavy Chuffin' Metal! user posted image Support band Syth were unexpectedly brilliant as well.

Edited by Radagast

• 3 weeks later...

They are obviously all fantastic of course.

They're all £4.99 at HMV, so I've been discovering the works of Mr. Dylan - he did some damned fine stuff. Street Legal, Desire and Highway 61 Revisited ar really standing out for me at the moment.

Is that CD,s Drummer Boy ?

I went through a Dylan phase a while ago (reflected in my youngests' name!) . Street Legal took a slating when it first came out but it's the one I always go back to . Blond on blond is excellent and for a good overview of his pre 1970 stuff try "More Bob Dylan Greatest Hits ".

feeder are brilliant.

i like a lot of dance - the annual 2004 from ministry of sound had some great stuff on it.

and u gotta love some of the classics - a bitta the old chesney and the one and only, mc hammer - cant touch this etc etc

at the moment its cry little sister - the lost brothers and just another day - john secada.

and oh my god has anybody heard of rubber biscuit by the blues brothers??!! great stuff! hillbily rock, hillbilly roll and doo doo brown are also great comical songs. not to mention a bit of ghostbusters - bloody awesome track!

I have Keane's album and it is very very very good

Just got it posted this morning, and ill go as far to say this is the best debut album ive ever heard. Bloody brilliant!

Better than definitely maybe as a debut album? Must be good then

Edited by Cocker

Just got it posted this morning, and ill go as far to say this is the best debut album ive ever heard. Bloody brilliant!

Well now you mention that, maybe not as good as that, but it certainley is brilliant.

Agree with you both, bought it this eve and it's brilliant !

There are some cracking songs on the album and it's pretty obvious they're gonna do well if they can keep this sort of quality up.

I remember seeing them support Lowgold last year at Manchester Roadhouse and although they didn't upstage Lowgold or play an amazing gig, they had a couple of great tunes up their sleeves. They had that something even then that made you think you'd be seeing/hearing them again at some point....

Shame about the name, though !

Just been listening, again, to a CD that was sent to me from a friend who returned to South Africa. It's called "Lekker Stoutgat Rugby Treffers"; South African rugby team songs.

I played it for some Afrikaaner friends of mine who were most offended because it's all dirty words. blink.gif

However, I think it's great. biggrin.gif I can't understand a bleeding word (apart from "Titties Groot")

Shall I get my coat?

and

drum roll

*takes deep breath*

Busted do a fantastic version of Teenage Kicks

(teenage kicks by the undertones is one of my all time favourite records, and I never thought I would admit this but the Busted version is excellent. No sarcasm at all, theyve done a cracking job)[/color]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It cannot be. Perfection cannot be improved.

I wonder if Busted realise that the line

"I Wanna wanna hold hertight"

was changed at the insistance of the record company from

" I wanna wanna hold it tight.

Yup, a song about stroking the one-eyed snake. Still brilliant though.

Well now you mention that, maybe not as good as that, but it certainley is brilliant.

Downloaded Keane's album a couple of months ago and it is very very good.

Went to see Travis a while ago and Keane were their support and they were very good live as well.

The Beta Band - "From Heros to Zeros". Top new album!

Ste

The Beta Band's "The Three EP's" was (and still is) amazing !

I didn't get anything by them after that (I think they've released 2 albums including the new one since ?), maybe I should.....

Is "From Heroes to Zeros" anything like "The Three EP's", Ste ??

Looking forward to the new Libertines album over the summer and the inevitable tour/secret gig/busk in a car park, that will follow, it really looks like it could take of with them.

Looking fowrad to earning pennies this summer to complete my Stones collection, even it does mean buying the eighties albums.

May make it to some festivals, waiting for confirmation on my free ticket to Glastonbury and am thinking of making a trip to Leeds for the day with Franz Ferdinand (growing on me) The Libertines-Morrissey and The White Stripes.

Ste

I didn't get anything by them after that (I think they've released 2 albums including the new one since ?), maybe I should.....

Well, they seem to be alot more focused now. The Three EPs (how good is "Dry the Rain"?) had some pretty long rambling tracks on. The latest album is just over 42 minutes long with 12 tracks on. I think it's brilliant, it took 2-3 listens but I love it to bits now. The latest single "Assessment" is on there, if you've heard and like that, then you'll like "Heros to Zeros".

Ste

Ste

Well, they seem to be alot more focused now. The Three EPs (how good is "Dry the Rain"?) had some pretty long rambling tracks on. The latest album is just over 42 minutes long with 12 tracks on. I think it's brilliant, it took 2-3 listens but I love it to bits now. The latest single "Assessment" is on there, if you've heard and like that, then you'll like "Heros to Zeros".

Ste

Thanks, Ste thumbs-up.gif - looks like I'll be grabbing a copy this weekend !

I haven't posted on this topic for a while (honest to God, nearly a full page wink.gif ), so here's the songs I recently added to my 'mix' minidisc: Arch Enemy - We Will Rise; Blind Guardian - Mirror, Mirror; Children of Bodom - Children of Bodom; Grim Reaper - See You In Hell; Mayhem - Funeral Fog; Slayer - Angel of Death and Apoclyptica's cover of Fade To Black (string quartets covering Metallica songs~~ smile.gif ).