Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try again today is best song from new album

really into Snow Patrols at minute, and MUSE of course

muse and snow patrol wub.gif Superb taste you have sir!

Lustra - Scotty doesn't know (theme tune to eurotrip) very addictive tune!

Streets - a grand don't come for free!

Anyone like Low? They've just released a box set of rare stuff - 3CDs and a double sided DVD - only 14.99. Bargin! Some jolly good stuff on there as well.

Trembling Blue Stars - anyone? Their new single is great, new album due in September, can't wait!

Also, Picture Center - they've just released a free CD album. If you like melancholy, mellow music then check out their website - it's got some sample tracks and details of how to order the new album. I love 'em. www.picturecenter.co.uk

Ste

Not a massive fan of the streets but listened to this album last night and was totally into it - had to listen all the way through to see what happened in the story (those who have it will know what I mean)

Try again today is best song from new album

really into Snow Patrols at minute, and MUSE of course

muse and snow patrol wub.gif Superb taste you have sir!

Lustra - Scotty doesn't know (theme tune to eurotrip) very addictive tune!

you takin the pish son?

Just bought the album by The Black Keys 'Thickfreakness' which is really good. They're a guitar & drums combo (just like the white stripes), who play really basic blues/rock stuff. Which is nice.

What do people think of the new Polyphonic Spree album - "Together We're Heavy"? I think it's marvellous, much better than the first album.

Went to see Spiritualized at the Royal Festival Hall (Southbank, London) on Sunday and they were brilliant! My eyes are still reeling after the mind blowing strobes and 10 minute wall of noise at the end - amazing.

Anyone like "Kasabian"? I've only heard a couple of their singles, but I'm well looking forward to their debut album in September. Actually September looks like a good month for new albums - Trembling Blue Stars, The Delgados, The Music and Kasabian. Hopefully the new Spectrum album will be out by then too!

Play twice before listening.

Ste ph34r.gif

Ipicked up a copy of Stratovarius' compliation album, Intermission, which is quite good and a tape copy of Master Of The Rings by Helloween which is surprisingly enjoyable if you ignore the crap title.

Velvet Revolver's album still isn't quite doing it for me yet, I still think Sab Bach would have been a better choice as the singer than Scott Weiland.

Hope of The States album is good.

Razorlight one Ok

A Grand don't come for free is very good.

Heard parts of the new Libertines album, very good especially 'Music when the lights go out', 'Last post on the bugle', 'The man who would be king' and 'whatever happened to the likely lads'.

Ipicked up a copy of Stratovarius' compliation album, Intermission, which is quite good and a tape copy of Master Of The Rings by Helloween which is surprisingly enjoyable if you ignore the crap title.

Velvet Revolver's album still isn't quite doing it for me yet, I still think Sab Bach would have been a better choice as the singer than Scott Weiland.

Radaghast try get yourself a copy of Incubus Japan Live 2004

might be up your street...

Good News For People That Love Bad News by Modest Mouse is an excellent album. There's a good mix of songs on there, admittedly some are quite weird, but the singing is great and keeps you fixed throughout.

Highly recommended.

I'm currently listening to This Et Al.

... actually, I'm not because I'm at work, but it was the only way I could shoe-horn this into this thread.

They are a Leeds based band who claim the are "... Hugely atmospheric and captivating songs comparable to the likes of Mogwai, Radiohead and Interpol but with the raw power and energy that whom such as Q.O.T.S.A and At the drive-in pride themselves on ...."

Other than being a bit of a fan boy, the reason I'm giving them a mention here is last night they beat 30 other bands at Leed Cockpit's Futuresounds competition to gain them a slot a Leeds festival !

Check out thier website for some free downloads. They are currently unsigned, but I don't expect them to be that way for long.

Radaghast try get yourself a copy of Incubus Japan Live 2004

might be up your street...

Incubus? Noooooooooo.

ive just been bought the latest kings of convenience album 'riot on an empty street' for my birthday and have to say its the best album ive listened to this year by far!! Also just bought over the counter culture by the ordinary boys which is also worth a listen- very smithsy!