SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Band Aid 20...lots of pop stars sit down in a studio for 5 minutes to record a few lines, give a couple of 'heartfelt' interviews then go home happy in the knowledege that they've made a difference. I wonder how much of a 'difference' donating 5% of their royalties to the cause would make - y'know, for the ones that actually write stuff.

(I know Bono and Geldof are serious but the two of them do my head in wink.gif )

Edited by Radagast

Ah Band Aid 20...lots of pop stars sit down in a studio for 5 minutes to record a few lines, give a couple of 'heartfelt' interviews then go home happy in the knowledege that they've made a difference. I wonder how much of a 'difference' donating 5% of their royalties to the cause would make - y'know, for the ones that actually write stuff.

(I know Bono and Geldof are serious but the two of them do my head in wink.gif )

Very, very, very easy to be cynical. The fact is this is a positive move which will undoubtedly save lives.

Pompous? ... Maybe, but I dont care. cool.gif

The greatest band ever. Period.

Period? Never heard of them. Sound like a feminist rock band to me. Led Zeppelin are great though.

"Squeeze me baby, till the juice runs down my leg. The way you squeeze my lemon, I'm gonna fall right out of bed."

Classic.

Just to stoke a bit more up with Radaghast

Nice to see MUSE winning some MTV awards, and thoroughly deserved too..

p.s. bellamy11, here is a link to new song

DES

Yep, that really gets my goat. Blast, I've just heard that McFly have cleaned up at the Smash Hits awards too. rolleyes.gif

Listening a lot to Tobias Sammet's Avantasia project recently - two bloody awesome albums they made. His main band, the ludicrously-monikered Edguy, are rather good too.

Edited by Radagast

Just to stoke a bit more up with Radaghast

Nice to see MUSE winning some MTV awards, and thoroughly deserved too..

p.s. bellamy11, here is a link to new song

DES

Thanks very much for that Dan. A bit hard to make out so I'll reserve judgement until I've heard it properly.

Maybe they'll play it in December at Earls Court~

Was listening to Live Aid the last few days. Some was good or better than I remember, some was crap. Queen was great, the Stones were good. The biggest suprise was that Howard Jones was really good. Who knew he could do more than just write a song about impotence?

Well, I should post in the thread I started once in a while.

Next week the Linkin Park/Jay-Z CD comes out. I like both Linkin Park and Jay-Z, but I heard 2 of the songs (it's all remixes) and it just didn't sound right. Maybe I'll like it more if I hear it a few times, but it just sounded really wierd.

I purchased Ian Brown's Music of the Spheres this morning; fantastic so far. But then, you wouldn't expect anything else really.

I would..

The man needs hanging for influencing the likes of Noel and Liam thinking it'd be cool to be complete ######..

And for human beings to think that their actually musicians..