BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Definitely not getting the Kasabian praise. I've listened to the album three or four times and it's appearing to me to be more overhyped rubbish.

I agree. There music might have sounded good if it was around 10 years ago.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not getting the Kasabian praise. I've listened to the album three or four times and it's appearing to me to be more overhyped rubbish.

Or if they stopped making any.

Or if they stopped making any.

Hehe I wasn't going to be as harsh, but yes, good point!

Fantastic bit of blaggery in HMV today. Browsing through the Metal section (as you do) and I see a copy of Dream Evil's debut album, with a price of £5 next to it. Looking more closely it turns out they'd accidently put the label for one of their EPs on the full-length album instead. Radagast 1-0 Fat Cats. smile.gif That's my petty victory for 2005 out of the way already.

I agree.  There music might have sounded good if it was around 10 years ago.

It was. It was just being performed by the Stone Roses.

i dont think the stone roses are comparible tbh.

I hope you are saying that comparing the two is a disservice to the Stone Roses, because Kasabian are ar$e.

Rest easy Morph, the sum total of his knowledge of the Stone Roses probably involves hearing Fools Gold when SkySports used to use a sample from it.

Radagast - if you spent all the time you spend browsing through the bowels of HMV, doing a paid job instead, you'd surely be able to afford the normal price of the album.... wink.gif

As for new albums, Mercury Rev - The Secret Migration, their best album yet(which is saying something), and you got to love the packaging - who needs generic plastic cd cases?

Morph, just make fun of Eddie Vedder's short hair. That'll learn 'im.

Rich - that fact that I work for my money doesn't make me above screwing e-e-vil multination conglomerates for a few quid. wink.gif And digipacks are the work of the devil - sure they look the part, but try transporting them in anything less than an titanium-armoured case and you're screwed. That plus half of them don't fit in normal CD racks.

Edited by Radagast

I agree.  There music might have sounded good if it was around 10 years ago.

It was. It was just being performed by the Stone Roses.

i dont think the stone roses are comparible tbh.

I hope you are saying that comparing the two is a disservice to the Stone Roses, because Kasabian are ar$e.

I disagree, Kasabian's album is one of the best debuts I've heard in the last couple of years. Granted, they sound quite like the Stone Roses but that's not exactly a bad thing in itself.

Edited by Rovermatt

Rest easy Morph, the sum total of his knowledge of the Stone Roses probably involves hearing Fools Gold when SkySports used to use a sample from it.

Radagast - if you spent all the time you spend browsing through the bowels of HMV, doing a paid job instead, you'd surely be able to afford the normal price of the album.... wink.gif

As for new albums, Mercury Rev - The Secret Migration, their best album yet(which is saying something), and you got to love the packaging - who needs generic plastic cd cases?

I've got to agree, the new Mercury Rev album is wonderful. Also out on Monday was the latest "Low" album - "The Great Destroyer". It's produced by Dave Fridmann (see Mercury Rev) and it's departure from the usual slow, down beat sound. It's bl@@dy good!

Has anyone got the new album by Blackburn's finest yet, Tompaulin? I've got it on order, and hopefully it should arrive today - it's got excellent reviews.

Yes Rich, thats my Stone Roses knowledge. After all, if I think their sh*te, I mustn't have heard much of them must I. Seems your just as ignorant as you think I am, yet I feel I probably think your more of a tw*t.

user posted image

Think that puts that one to bed. tongue.gif

Edited by shillito15

Well done Radaghast.

Vedder got his hair cut a while ago. Its good to know that amongst the bilge you obviously listen to you still keep an interest in decent bands. wink.gif

Well done Radaghast.

Vedder got his hair cut a while ago. Its good to know that amongst the bilge you obviously listen to you still keep an interest in decent bands. wink.gif

At least I know a thing or two about the bands I take the p1ss out of, eh? ph34r.gif

I'm not quite sure yet if I like Kasabian are not.

They have done a few good songs that I can listen to quite often, but I don't like the rest of them.

I prefer The Killers over Kasabian by a mile. Rovers play one of their songs to some footage of play on the big screen called, "All the things that I've done."