BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Two listens in, and I've got to say the new Doves album is a bit weak.

Disappointed! sad.gif

I think it's great!! Maybe not as good as the Last Broadcast, but still better than alot of rubbish around at the moment. I'm looking forward to to the new reformed House of Love album and the new Asian Dub Foundation one as well - both out next Monday.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever been 'Warehouse' in Preston?

went last saturday, was pretty cool!

Must have gone downhill if they are letting Chavs in now.

Chav?

moi?

silly man.

Its a good place. 3 floors of 'alternative music' though the top floor had a very gothic feel, stayed in the middle with The Killers, The Music, MUSE etc.... and.... for some reason.... Chemical Brothers?

This Warehouse sounds a bit like Glasgow's Cathouse - bottom floor; classic rock, heavy metal and pop crap, top floor; modern (read: crap) metal, gothic (meaning anything from Nine Inch Nails to the bloody Prodigy) and alt rock. Still the best place to go.

Edited by Radagast

Its utterly pants mate, only been about 3 or 4 times, only so many times can make the same building appear 'different'.

Not opening as JJ, but something different. Apparently Lava/Ignite owners are sniffing, that would be excellent, as the one in Burnley is a good night out

I've only been in H&H twice I think. The first time was on a random Thursday when the pub shut and I think H&H had only been open a week or two. I seem to recall paying about £6 for a double vodka and redbull.

Also had a Friday night there sometime in November. Seemed enjoyable enough but I can imagine it would get boring after a while. For a really good night out you have to avoid the mistake of being in Blackburn.

This Warehouse sounds a bit like Glasgow's Cathouse - bottom floor; classic rock, heavy metal and pop crap, top floor; modern (read: crap) metal, gothic (meaning anything from Nine Inch Nails to the bloody Prodigy) and alt rock. Still the best place to go.

Our version of that type of place is The Limelight. It's a really excellent club that plays proper music, none of this pop, R'n'B, punk sh*te. Attached is a great bar called Katy Daly's. Unfortunately a new section was opened. Converted from the next door garage, the Spring and Airbrake is a big barn of a place that plays a mixture of ironic, novelty and middle of the road rubbish. I haven't bought it at all. The prices have gone up due to this horrendous new addition. The place does though attract the best looking women/female students in the city (IMHO) instead of the slappers you'll find at the various stripey collars, drain-pipe jeans clubs dotted around Belfast.

Went to watch Kasabian and The Music in Detroit last night.

Kasabian were awesome !!! unfortunately The Music were a real disappointment. The guy thought he was Jim Morrison had problems with the mic setup very poor shame I was looking forward to it the cd Welcome to the North is great.

Saw Embrace last night and they were excellent. Looks like they are getting some well earned success as well if the ticket/record sales are anything to go by.

They played a secret gig at the pub at the end of my street two weeks ago. i didnt go. dry.gif

Went to watch Kasabian and The Music in Detroit last night.

Kasabian were awesome !!! unfortunately The Music were a real disappointment. The guy thought he was Jim Morrison had problems with the mic setup very poor shame I was looking forward to it the cd Welcome to the North is great.

They are two of my favourite bands. Your a lucky git, being able to see both of them at the same venue, even if The Music didn't perform that well.