SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Imaginary Force by Bob Katsionis, the Firewind keyboard player (oh, that Bob Katsionis), an instrumental 7-string guitar/keyboard album just now. Pretentious ######-fest? Maybe, but a really good one.

Interpol.

Genius'...they really are. Listen to them.

True - 'Antics' is one of the best albums I've heard for quite a while. Saw them at Manchester in December and they were superb live as well.

Been recently listening to :

Doves - Some Cities

Mercury Rev - The Secret Migration

Willy Mason - Where The Humans Eat

I Am Kloot - I Am Kloot

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike

Neil Young - Tonight's The Night

with all the excitement surrounding our cup match I completely forgot about adding my latest concert to the forum.

On Monday evening went to The Opera House at Blackpool to see Paul Weller - he was absolutley superb.

The Modfather rules supreme with a variety of songs from The Jam, The Style Council and his current music.

If anyone gets the chance to see him take it, he is superb live.

His new backing band completely complement Wellers soul style music, they play the old stuff far better and the "new" sound is a joy to behold.

He takes the current stock of bands/singers to the cleaners.

Has to go down as the best concert since The Jam live in Glasgow 1980

I'm listening to Imaginary Force by Bob Katsionis, the Firewind keyboard player (oh, that Bob Katsionis), an instrumental 7-string guitar/keyboard album just now. Pretentious ######-fest? Maybe, but a really good one.

Oh yes I know who you mean? My little sister said he was supporting Busted last year. Rock and roll. wink.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Anybody into the (English) Beats?

Kinda gettin' into them through a song called 'Save It For Later.'

as in the (english) beat who did 'Mirror in the bathroom'??? 70's 2nd gen ska band? Think they did a track on Ferris Buellers Day Off as well.

I've been listening to Feeder's new album and, although it's very different to their previous stuff, I'm really impressed. A good, easy-to-listen-to album that's worth a tenner of anybody's money.

This weekend I have been mostly listening to;

Grandaddy - "The Sophtware Slump"

PJ Harvey - "Stories from the Cities, Stories from the Sea"

and a bit of Buffalo Tom thrown in for good measure.

Being one of the Istari, Radagast, you would say that.

Amon Duul II were leaders of the 'Krautrock' scene in the seventies, a German version of Hawkwind if you like.

Amon Duul (without the II) was the political wing.

Good stuff if that's your thing!