SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may well be right - what is it someone said about the thin line between genius and insanity?

As for the Beach Boys, I'm prepared to compromise my previous position and recognise that "Pet Sounds" is top notch stuff.

Finally bought the CD last year just to get the track God Only Knows (having heard it on the Love Actually movie).

It's since been a regular player on my system.

New Wedding Present album, out yesterday.

Work of genius. Wifey not too happy with me spending Valentine's locked in the living room with some beer and loud noise, but hey - Leben ist kurz, Kunst ist lang, as Goethe would say.

Today i have been listening to:

Jay-z/linkin park - collision course album.

it only has 6 songs on, but all of the songs are quite good.

I`ll single 3 out that are very good - numb/encore, 99 problems, izzo

I have the CD and DVD. It is really good.

Radiohead - Street Spirit - fantabidozy

Killers - Mr Brightside

Joydivision - LWTYAA

New Order - Blue Monday

REM - End of the world

I dont what a song is called but I belive its by Willie Nelson which is being played on Radio 1 at the mo - its brilliant - anyone know if it is Willie Nelson and what its called?

Also, Nick Cave's new double CD is very good

Nice Cave is bloody brilliant, if you've not got any of his other stuff, i'd reccomend buying the back catalogue.

Any particular recommendations as I'm a newcomer to Nick Cave, to be honest?

Nice Cave is bloody brilliant, if you've not got any of his other stuff, i'd reccomend buying the back catalogue.

The Boatmans Call and Murder Ballads are both fantastic, i'd start there and see how it goes.

Recently been listening to/enjoying: Alicia Keyes, Peter Gabriel's "Up" album, Joe Jackson's Greatest Hits and Prince, amongst others.

What about everyone's "guilty pleasure" artists? You know, those you secretly like: Don't necessarily buy their albums, but when you are alone and a song comes on the radio, you crank it up and sing along, but would be ashamed if anyone caught you. Mine would include Bobby Brown, Celine Dion and Barry Manilow (but no, I'm not a Fanilow).

Try the best of Nick Cave -- a review from Amazon from one that knows says "An essential collection of some of Cave's finest recordings. For newcomers, this is but a taste of the action... Standouts (not already mentioned): The Carny, Tupelo, From Her To Eternity".

Just saying I'm glad it's not my money lining their already bulging pockets.

No, instead your money is lining the pockets of the aforementioned bands. I'd say they probably need it... wink.gif

You're right, apart from Nightwish, most of them do need it. Its less of a pain in the arse contributing to acts with a real work ethic.

Certainly.

If your selling less, your going to try harder to sell and make better material

If you sell purely on your 'image' its not that hard to put something out that is pants and sell

get me?

Radaghast.... we agree on something..... strange blink.gif

Today i am listening to Eminems - encore album.

Some pointless songs on it that last 30secs, but theres some great ones like:

toy soldiers

mocking bird

mosh

ass like that

just lose it

spend some time

crazy in love

one 2 one shot.

Certainly.

If you sell purely on your 'image' its not that hard to put something out that is pants and sell

get me?

Radaghast.... we agree on something..... strange  blink.gif

Not necessarily. You might just sell less because you're sh*te. Of course that doesn't apply to anyone in the Magic The Gathering metal genre.

Edited by Rovermatt

Certainly.

get me?

Not necessarily. You might just sell less because you're sh*te. Of course that doesn't apply to anyone in the Magic The Gathering metal genre.

I wouldnt know, i dont listen to sh*te laugh.gif

Certainly.

get me?

I wasn't suggesting that for a minute. But of course I think the Metal bands that I listen to are good - why on earth would I listen to bands I thought were @#/??

EDIT>

PS "Magic The Gathering" blink.gif huh?

Edited by Radagast

EDIT>

PS "Magic The Gathering"  blink.gif huh?

In reference to the kind of music which portrays mythical elements like forlorn vales etc; listened to by blokes with long hair, in comic book shops, who wear heavy metal t-shirts who play...Magic the Gathering. I know that's slightly complex, but there you go. wink.gif

Edited by Rovermatt