SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to "Smile" by Brian Wilson - a towering achievement as good as the hype suggests. As someone for whom the Beach Boys never did anything, I find myself puzzled by how good this album is and how it it defied all my prejudices based on Wilson's former band. If you buy nothing else but this you will have done well.

I've been listening to some of my dad's Beach Boy CDs. Lots of quality, lots of weird, contrived nonsense. Smile is supposed to be the real deal though.

Did anyone see the Beach Boys programme on the BBC a couple of weeks ago? It's quite sad how the whole thing fell apart. Wilson's genius was off-set by his shyness and his eventual descent into insanity. The bloke is a complete nutter now, he may still be living in his shed from the look of him.

Radaghast.....

Just to kick it off again, nice to see the 'normal' public recognise the best live band this country has to offer  wink.gif

Yeah, but recently didn't Robbie Williams song "Angels" get voted the best song of the last 25 years!??

Yeah, what he said.

The day the 'normal' public vote a decent band for something is the day part of me dies.

Can we not just start a Muse thread then Dan can continue to w@nk over his precious band on his own while the rest of us talk about music?

Or just Ban Dan.

Perhaps we should start a poll.

Who actually voted for Muse.. it certainly wasnt the general public and even if that was the case it was put together by a few record execs who decide which bands to push.

Just been listening to Athlete's new album - good stuff. The single Wires has to be one of the most beautiful songs of this or any other year.

Also, finally, got the Zutons album - got to listen to it lots before I go and see them next month.

Completely agree about Athlete - tremendous album! We have more in common than I would have dared to imagine ohmy.gifwink.gif

Got the Zutons a few months back, and there are some very good tracks, but it's not a great!

Ok, today it has been

Falconer - Chapters From A Vale Forlorn (oooooh!)

Nightwish - Wishmaster

Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night

and

Riot - ThunderSteel - now this is an unnoticed classic. Any fans of Painkiller-era Judas Priest have to listen to this.

Ok, today it has been

Nightwish - Wishmaster

and

Riot - ThunderSteel - now this is an unnoticed classic. Any fans of Painkiller-era Judas Priest have to listen to this.

I worry about you, I really do

Did I once bump into you in Cest La Vie ohmy.gif

Ok, today it has been

Nightwish - Wishmaster

and

So I can take it you've listened to all these CDs before coming to this conclusion?

withstupid.gif

Ok, today it has been

Nightwish - Wishmaster

and

So I can take it you've listened to all these CDs before coming to this conclusion?

withstupid.gif

bloody joke mate

jesus