SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always be tempted to become involved in this discussion, but gave up months ago as it is dominated by you metal lovers. Not my cup of tea I have to say, well it was for a phase, but got past that when I was about 14.

Out of interest Cornwall, do you listen to Blaze?

Can't say i've heard of them, will hunt them down tonight and have a listen.

I'm just trying to round up fans for the new band, Rise To Addiction, that is made of three ex-Blaze members (guitarists and bass player). Blaze themselves (what's left of them) are fronted by ex-Iron Maiden singer Blaze Bayley. All their stuff is produced by Andy Sneap which makes it sonically a bit like Machine Head (except, y'know, not crap. tongue.gif )

Edited by Radagast

I've always be tempted to become involved in this discussion, but gave up months ago as it is dominated by you metal lovers. Not my cup of tea I have to say, well it was for a phase, but got past that when I was about 14.

Same here Eddie. What are you into. For me you can't beat a good bit of Mogwai or Godspeed You Black Emperor

I know I should probably have grown out of them when I was about 14 ( tongue.gif ) but I went to see Megadeth on Thursday night. Fan-chuffing-tastic they were too, even if it is just down to Dave Mustaine and 3 tour musicians these days. Peace Sells/Mechanix medley - 'nuff said. cool.gif

[same here Eddie. What are you into. For me you can't beat a good bit of Mogwai or Godspeed You Black Emperor

Ding dong!!!

What excellent taste you have!

As for everyone comparing Kasabian to the Roses - why? Just enjoy what is a fantastic album that brings back the chilled dance beats of 15 years ago

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

As for everyone comparing Kasabian to the Roses - why? Just enjoy what is a fantastic album that brings back the chilled dance beats of 15 years ago

Couldn't agree more TDI (see - I can do it!).

Incidentally, I bought Hard-Fi's album a while ago and it's really starting to grow on me. The single Cash Machine is a cracking tune.

Just been listening to Athlete's new album - good stuff. The single Wires has to be one of the most beautiful songs of this or any other year.

Also, finally, got the Zutons album - got to listen to it lots before I go and see them next month.

Just listened to "Smile" by Brian Wilson - a towering achievement as good as the hype suggests. As someone for whom the Beach Boys never did anything, I find myself puzzled by how good this album is and how it it defied all my prejudices based on Wilson's former band. If you buy nothing else but this you will have done well.