BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Saw The Zutons tonight at the Apollo in Manchester. They were top banana - much better than they are on record.

Hot Hot Heat who supported them showed promise as well.

Bugger.

It was bad enough missing The Zutons alone....

[Really liked the last Hot, Hot Heat album, gutted I missed them too sad.gif ]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Happy mad.gif

As most of you know I am a massive Oasis fan and wont have a bad word against them but I have now heard three songs from the new album and they are not great at all. One of these is the first single Lyla which dosnt really sound like a single.

So remember where you heard it first.

Come on boys, must try harder mad.gif

I've had a fair share of disappointing albums recently as well.

Rhapsody - preposterously overblown (and hollow at the centre)

Sonata Arctica - lazy

Megadeth - painfully average

Still, the new Kamelot and Judas Priest albums are both very good, especially the former.

Im listening to QOTSA's new album. Definatly a return to their older sound before Oliveri joined.

I'm loving 'The Bravery' at the moment aswell. Pretty commercial i know but i love the song they keep playing on Channel 4's 'No Angels'. The albums pretty good though.

Edited by starscascade

Im listening to QOTSA's new album. Definatly a return to their older sound before Oliveri joined.

Erm....did Homme do some demos without him or something? huh.gif Because he's played on all of their previous albums.

Oliveri officially joined QOTSA around the time of the 2nd full album 'Rated R'. He is credited as doing some stuff on the debut album but i dont think it was full time. I was thinking it reminded me abit more of Josh's band (other than Kyuss) pre-QOTSA 'Gamma Ray' really.

I like the new album though i love the more electronic elements

Edited by starscascade

Everybody Knows That You're Insane is one of the best songs I've heard in years...starts off flowing almost like a Pink Floyd song then bursts into life at the chorus.

Monday is a big day for me...the release of British Sea Power's new album; Open Season. They've been my favourite band since I saw them on a small stage at Leeds festival a few years ago (the strange picture in my sig is them) and, from what I've heard of the new album, it should be great.

Slightly annoyed that it seems the media are starting to pick up on them (Mirror has it as album of the week), probably means I'll have to deal with weenie bandwagon jumping kids at future gigs...but I guess BSP deserve the credit.

Edited by LeChuck

Lately Ive been listening to:

Damien 'Jr Gong' Marley - Bob Marleys youngest

Jack Johnson - American singer/songwriter in the Ben Harper/Neil Finn vein

Peter Tosh's classic 'Equal Rights' album

The Stone Roses - Turns Into Stone album

Foreign Beggars - Asylum Speakers - quality british hip hop, much better than Roots Manuvas new effort.

Roni Size - Return To V - probably his best album imo, the Rahzel track is how drum n bass should be.

Lately Ive been listening to:

Jack Johnson

Brought Jack Johnson up on here a while back no one picked up on it though. Writes some great stuff, I've known about him for years because of living in California, but I've been amazed at how little attention he's had over in Europe. I think it will be on the increase though as he's about to come on a European tour that is being promoted quite a lot and selling well.

If you like him also take a look at a band called Dispatch. Not exactly the same kind of stuff, but have that nice acoustic sound to them. No longer together and played their last concert in Boston this summer which was amazing but still have quite a few cd's all of which are very good.

Heard new Oasis song, not too bad

I gave it a right kicking when I heard it last week but it is a grower. There is just one problem, I can feel me tapping my foot and singing along but something just doesn't feel right - does anyone else get the same feeling when listening to it?

Also, mark my words. A Bell Will Ring & Meaning of Soul are really bad songs. Noel is wrong to say otherwise and for those that have heard it, Stop the Clocks should be on the album instead.

Brought Jack Johnson up on here a while back no one picked up on it though. Writes some great stuff, I've known about him for years because of living in California, but I've been amazed at how little attention he's had over in Europe. I think it will be on the increase though as he's about to come on a European tour that is being promoted quite a lot and selling well.

If you like him also take a look at a band called Dispatch. Not exactly the same kind of stuff, but have that nice acoustic sound to them. No longer together and played their last concert in Boston this summer which was amazing but still have quite a few cd's all of which are very good.

Yeah i only twigged he existed when i got hold of a Ben Harper track that had him on, im quite into it now, heard him on r1 daytime the other day though.

I used to be quite into it but i think the only decent rock music coming out now is on the acoustic side of things ie jj, Ben Harper, Damien Rice etc.

Ill have to check this Dispatch out, ive seen the name a few times but i got the impression (admittedly from the name!) that they would be a bit too 'metal' for me...

I just bought a Ben Harper album on Play. I've heard bits and pieces of Diamonds on the Inside so I hope it's worth the money.

chances are with Ben Harper youll like some of it and wont enjoy the rest as much - he covers quite a few different styles, one minute he sounds like Bob Marley, Hendix the next. I much prefer the reggae style stuff like 'Oppression', 'Jah Love' and 'With My Own Two Hands'.

If you can get hold of it i thoroughly recommend the live stuff hes done with Neil Finn and Eddie Vedder (of Crowded House and Pearl Jam fame).

Funniest remix ever just on radio 1

chav mix of Cilit Bang advert  laugh.gif

Is this it by any chance?

Cillit Bang Remix

hahaha thats excellent

I heard about this a bit ago.

first time i`ve listened to it following that link, i`ve never laughed to a song so much

Just got

Akon - lonely

thinks its fair good, anyone else heard it?

Edited by slater_scott

Just got

Akon - lonely

thinks its fair good, anyone else heard it?

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

What? It must be one of the strangest and most annoying songs I have heard in a long time. Makes me want to throw my radio out of the window every time I hear it!