BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Disgusted with the latest cup exit.

Souness has wasted transfer funds, cannot motivate the team to perform regularly and should resign.

In the summer, Souness had approx £12 million to find replacements for Berg, Duff and Dunn.

He has screwed up big time.

Before that he had a grandiose plan of rekindling the Yorke, Cole partnership - that failed big time.

How many more failures are the Rovers fans prepared to accept from Mr SOuness?

:sleep:

Would you be happy if we won the FA Cup but went down then?

get over it rover6

I am not exactly happy about it but in the current crisi it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

It was a pity you weren't on here just after the newcastle result !

and it didnt take you long to get your bitchy claws out again did it ? :razz:

For once I tend to a point to agree with rovers6.

1.Disgusted with the latest cup exit.

Not so much the defeat, but the manner in which the team played, or should I say didnt play.

2.Cannot motivate the team to perform regularly

Its getting to a point that you dont know which Rovers team is going to turn up, these hot and cold performances can only be put down to Souness.

In his playing days Souness was a battler, why cant he get his players into that frame of mind.

3.In the summer, Souness had approx £12 million to find replacements for Berg, Duff and Dunn.

a)Due to his injury, I will reserve judgement on Amo, but Babbel is as good as Berge anyway.

b)Duff is a one off, no one could have replaced him.

c)Ferguson was starting to get to grips with the premier and is a much more accompished player than Dunn.

4.He has screwed up big time.

I cant see why he continues to swop the team around, the team never gets a chance to settle and get into a pattern.

5.Before that he had a grandiose plan of rekindling the Yorke, Cole partnership - that failed big time.

Very true, I wonder if they have ever played together.

get over it rover6

I am not exactly happy about it but in the current crisi it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

that's what i am hoping, maybe it will mean that we put more effort in to sign Pedro, Izzet and yes please Sutton, i know really we don't have allot of money but we obviously have fairly bad problems that these players could be the soluation.

Mahon was poor today and average against newcastle, and with Cole with no goals for 20 games, we have little other options, Tugay and Flicroft need some cover and Izzet can also be a longer term replecement for Tugay.

If we could get Izzet 800,000, Pedro 1million, and Sutton 1.5 million that would be a great investment but extremely unlikely we could get a three for such low prices.

This Rovers team that Souness has put together is taken the p*** out of both the management and fans.THEY play when THEY want to.Just look over the last few weeks results,starting with Leicester away.After that game it was up to Scotland for a few days bonding.Next game run through a brick wall to beat Everton.Play well at Man U and Arsenal,then Villa at home and only one team wants it.Up to Newcastle, all in it together we need a result,job done.Birmingham Fa cup only one team wants it again and it is not Rovers.I am sorry but Souness is to blame.The players do not care,he has lost control.It is time for a change.MARK HUGHES IS THE MAN.

Although i disagree with him that Souness should go, at least Barryblue has come with the most realistic replacement if Souness was to step down or be fired or whatever may happen, with MARK HUGHES.

In an ideal world, Hughes should have been persuaded to stay on in a more involved coaching role.

I realise the temptation to manage his country was too much to turn down and fully understand his decision and have absolutely no resentment for him doing this, but as Wales did not qualify, and he said himself he may step down if they didnt, I wonder if now is the time to offer him another position within BRFC.

With all due respect, he has far more to offer than Dean Saunders ever will if he was a striking coach.

I think one of the main problems with Yorke and Cole is motivation, and I don't see that Saunders can get them going.

Would you listen to someone who was far inferior to yourself, when trying to tell you how to do something that you have been doing for years and to a higher standard of the person who is trying to tell you?? If you're honest with yourself, the answer is NO!!

Then you have someone of Hughes' calibre who has won (I think) every domestic honour possible and numerous european trophies and accolades.

His passion would also be something to dream of. A management team with the determination, ability and aggression of Souness and Hughes would be phenomenal.

Anyway, got distracted half way through that so if it doesnt make perfect sense, soory, but basically what I am saying is leave Souness alone, just bring in Mark Hughes as coach!!

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves. :brfc:

And bringing in manager X would be a guarantee of fixing all that waggy?

Rubbish we would get a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and  these CM player fans would be after his head, they'd all be crying "why'd we ever get rid of Souness".

I do agree though, Mr Williams needs to sit down with Souness and find out what he plans to do.  Perhaps even have him answer some of the fans questions about his tactics and playing players out of position.

Hang in there Graeme you can do it, and if we are bottom at Christmas, then Feck off. (just kidding)

:rover: the thing is my choice is MARK HUGHES,he ain't going to be available till after the euro 2004 play off's.i for one can see hughes going on to be a managerial great,and it would give him 6 week's to judge the present squad-that gives souey another few games in charge-WE LOSE TO LIECESTER ON SUNDAY,AND WE ARE DOOMED.

:sarc:  :brfc:

:rover: there it is :brfc:

Waggy...I have regularly agreed with many of your posts and ideas, but the very thought of replacing Souness with anyone, especially Mark Hughes, is idiotic at this present moment. True we aren't winning every match, but in recent weeks we have won the majority and are slowly climbing the table, and if we continue to pick up points (espeically if we win 3 or 4 of our next few matches) then we will climb into the top half and be looking at a season that still has plenty of potential. The very fact that you said "if we lose to leicester we are doomed" shows that the pessimistic point of view isn't proving to be true at the moment is it?

Anyway, got distracted half way through that so if it doesnt make perfect sense, soory, but basically what I am saying is leave Souness alone, just bring in Mark Hughes as coach!!

And yu could do that over Souness's head, could you?

No but im sure John Williams and the board could.

And anyway, who says Souness would be so set against having a more capable right-hand-man than Dean Saunders?

After all, it was Souness that brought Hughes to the club in the first place so its not like they don't see eye-to eye, to coin a phrase.

In fact, I would go so far as to suggest that they get on very well and have a lot of respect for each other.

Waggy...I have regularly agreed with many of your posts and ideas, but the very thought of replacing Souness with anyone, especially Mark Hughes, is idiotic at this present moment. True we aren't winning every match, but in recent weeks we have won the majority and are slowly climbing the table, and if we continue to pick up points (espeically if we win 3 or 4 of our next few matches) then we will climb into the top half and be looking at a season that still has plenty of potential. The very fact that you said "if we lose to leicester we are doomed" shows that the pessimistic point of view isn't proving to be true at the moment is it?

:rover: our next 3 games are all winnable,but i'm more confident off gaining 3pts than 9pts :brfc: if souness saves the day and we do not get relagated then swans off to spurs what will you souey can do no wrong brigade think then :brfc:

I don't think Souey can do no wrong, but I'm not going to turn my back on a man who has revived our club just because we are 6 or 7 positions (and only 6 to 9 points) off of where we would like to be half way through the season.

:rover: our next 3 games are all winnable,but i'm more confident off gaining 3pts than 9pts :brfc: if souness saves the day and we do not get relagated then swans off to spurs what will you souey can do no wrong brigade think then :brfc:

Well, I'd think we'd need another manager.

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves.

And bringing in manager X would be a guarantee of fixing all that waggy?

Rubbish we would get a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and  these CM player fans would be after his head, they'd all be crying "why'd we ever get rid of Souness".

I do agree though, Mr Williams needs to sit down with Souness and find out what he plans to do.  Perhaps even have him answer some of the fans questions about his tactics and playing players out of position.

Hang in there Graeme you can do it, and if we are bottom at Christmas, then Feck off. (just kidding)

:rover: the thing is my choice is MARK HUGHES,he ain't going to be available till after the euro 2004 play off's.i for one can see hughes going on to be a managerial great,and it would give him 6 week's to judge the present squad-that gives souey another few games in charge-WE LOSE TO LIECESTER ON SUNDAY,AND WE ARE DOOMED.

:sarc:

:rover: there it is

Great shout Waggy! Just what we need! An unproven international coach who has achieved next to nothing in management!

What exactly has done with Wales in his time there? Despite the press lauding him to the skies he has done bugger all. With players like Giggs, bellamy, Hartson, Speed, Earnshaw, Gabbidon etc they should be challenging to qualify for the finals of major tournaments. Shame they fell flat on their faces every time it mattered though wasn't it?

Other than a win away to Finland and beating Italy at home (which more than came back to haunt them in the return fixture) what did they achieve in their group? Two wins over tha mighty Azerbaijan and very little else. When the pressure was on away to Serbia & Montenegro and Italy, as well as the home games to Finland and Serbia they underperformed. Then after getting the draw in Russia all they had to do was beat them at home in front of a fervent and partisan crowd. They just weren't up to it that night.

Wales have certainly improved under Mark Hughes but he certainly hasn't done anywhere near enough as a manager to be in line to replace Greame Souness. Paul Sturrock is a better alternative! At least he has proved himself as a manager in the lower leagues! No way would I want to swap a manager who has steered us to promotion, a major domestic trophy (we are the only team other than the traiditional 'big three' of Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal to win one of those in the last 3 years) and taken us into Europe twice. Largely with disastrous consequences the last time admittedly.

So, it isn't about thinking that Souness can do no wrong, it's about thinking who would be best for us as manager. Souness has proved what he can do, Hughes has proven nothing as a manager yet. That's why I trust Souness. I'm just hoping I'm not wrong!!!

Why dont some of the sad people on this board who wanna sack Souness actually go to some away games and hear 2,000 Rovers fans outsing the home fans with 'Souness blue&white army' when we are 2-0 down. This shows what that the real Blackburn fans want, SOUNESS TO STAY.

Why dont some of the sad people on this board who wanna sack Souness actually go to some away games and hear 2,000 Rovers fans outsing the home fans with 'Souness blue&white army' when we are 2-0 down. This shows what that the real Blackburn fans want, SOUNESS TO STAY.

:rover:now then were do you want too start,real blackburn fans mmmmmmmmmmmmm.sad i maybe but i realise when the club i love are going no were fast.i have been to many away games in the distant past,when a skateboard would have carried the rovers fans.wake up and smell the coffee as someone says on this board we are in trouble.maybe souness is the man,but he does not have my support  :brfc:

Regardless of whether Souness is the right man for the job, I feel everyone is making a huge mistake in assuming he has any particular loyalty to Blackburn Rovers. Unlike us he is not a fan, it is just a job. If Spurs or anyone else for that matter come in for him with a "double your salary" offer and a decent transfer budget I'd imagine he'd be off like a shot. As would most people.

Waggy:- The point i was trying to make, is that the majority of Rovers fans do support Souness and i was only making the point that if you had been to the recent away games you would have heard the level of support for him. However, i still respect your points and perhaps i used the wrong words so i apologise to u.

All  :brfc: together Yeah.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.