BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

:rover: Here's my 7 pence worth.

replace souness with MARK HUGHES.

Today's game was dire,even the sky commentator's were making excuses for the dire game,liecester were poor,we lost so were does it put us.

i except i am not a loyal rovers fan,i have not spent thousand's on following my team around europe and england,the same on season ticket's and kit's etc from roverthemoon.

to say we cannot sack souey after 11 games,when can we?when we are relagated-december-easter or 2005.

it's about time we realised we are in the crap,we have to move on as a club,i know 1 thing for sure,in the season 2007 or 2017 or 2027 i will be a regular at ewood,whatever division or league we are in,how many on here will be. :brfc:

Can`t be arsed to read a lot of the recent crap posted here on this thread. it was obvious Jim and Rover6 would be as jovial in defeat as ever so they can say "i told you so".

Well Jim and Rover6, @#/? to you and if you didn`t get that first time, @#/? to you again.

sorry rev i misread .

Im sick as the parrot and so angry at jims cancer comment ,hes put me in angry mode.

In the danger of sounding patronising - i don't think Jim meant it like that.

in the danger of sounding patronising, i don`t think anyone gives a flying f**k what you think.

No one has come up with a response to my comparison between George Burley and Souness.

[...]

but the players need a change to freshen things. Hearing the same voices everyday in training and matchdays can become monotonous and stale.

As you've publicly stated that you think this forum is rubbish you shouldn't be too surprised when its members ignore your increasingly irrelevant posts.  Hoddle  :laugh:  I expect your brainless mates on the official board gave you a fantastic array of intelligent responses.

United's players are clearly so sick of Ferguson's voice that they go out and win the title almost every year.  Perhaps Man U should give Paul Sturrock the job to keep Keane and Van N-tw*t from getting stale.

Oh yes lets sack Souness, is Bryan Kidd available? Maybe Pat Rice?  :sarc: pillocks, all you make clear by posting such utter drivel is that you know nowt about footie, its all so easy to slag Souness off now that he's lost a few games isn't it? As for Revidge, i bet you wouldn't be happy with any manager who didn't think Tiny Taylor was the finest piece of hiney in living memory.

And Jims cancer analogy, give it a f*****g break, he's using it to make a point, it's not a personal attack on you, Jim may talk utter rubbage all the time but that is a bull**** excuse to condemn him

And Jims cancer analogy, give it a f*****g break, he's using it to make a point, it's not a personal attack on you, Jim may talk utter rubbage all the time but that is a bull**** excuse to condemn him

When you've lost someone close any reference to the subject matter would cause upset I’m sure, so give Abbey and break instead of saying he's making too much out of nothing because to him it’s certainly anything but that.

Jim certainly didn't mean anything malicious by the comment just pushed the wrong button on this occasion.

We are 19th in the league after 11 games into a 38 game season , the points are so tight in the bottom half that 1 win would push a team a few places up, and yet the negative side of the supporters want to sack Souey.

Who would replace him , Kidd, Hodgson, maybe Kenny would come back  or Hector Cuper may consider a chance with us, let's have some loyalty, Souness has brought us  a long way in the time he has been here and to press the panic button after a bad spell is just stupid.

:rover: i must admire you souness fans,the man and club can do know wrong,we sold duff and it was duffer's fault,we've lost 7 on the bounce,1 against the worst team i have ever seen in the premier league.

i asked this question,when is it time to get rid,after 11 games-20-games-xmas-easter,wait till he resign's.

as for hughesy he will be available after the euro 2004 knock out's cos wales ain't going.football is a tough career,that's why they are paid soooooooooo much.

i honestly beleive the rot started,in turkey rested cole when he was on fire,play every game to win is the motto of winner's. :brfc:

To be honest a few games ago I wuldnt have blamed souness for our missfortunes....i always favour managers if we dont get results only players can put that right there on the pitch for 90mins.

But I think with souness he is starting to make a few unjustified tactics.....he is making riffs with players.....i.e Dunn Gillespie(o.k who cares bout gillespie) but i would have done back tomorrow.. n yesterday dwight yorke i mean cum on please im better than him with my head alone...we were one nil down yesterday then he brings tugay on....gunna make no difference...then he brings reid on another one who  makes no difference.....MATT JANSEN MATT JANSEN MATT JANSEN...matty will leave soon...n who can blame him....

DUFF DUNN JANSEN SHEARER al gone o.k we were gunna lose duff n shearer eventually but the other two we could have prevented well other one....

WE WANT DUNNY BACK SAY WE WANT DUNNY BACK

I am/have been Souness' Biggest fan, now here comes the but, but, I just cant see us getting out of this with the current set up.

I have thought for every one of the last six games that this won't last, it's just a blip, but after yesterdays game I can't see an end to it.

Unfortunately in these cases, the manager picks the players, picks the coaches who coach them, and the buck lies with the manager.

Some fickle people were saying after one defeat that Souness should be out, and we told them to give him time, how much time is needed/should we allow him?

I just feel that a major shake up is needed in one way or another.  What are the options?

I don't know what I want anymore, except for this lot of overpaid barstewards to pull their finger out and show a bit of passion.

And would somebody please give me beloved club the real Bret Emerton back!

he is making riffs with players

He doesn't even play the guitar  :sarc:

Maybe that's where it's all going wrong - if Souness and Co. are sat round creating riffs and having a jamming session then it's no wonder we're in this sorry state. Less Jimmy Page and more Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink please otherwise we're on the highway to hell.

Its the players responsibility to get us out of sh1t street..they are not performing to the best of their abilities,Souness can talk tactics and formations all he wants but the buck stops with the players attitude and effort over 90 mins.

Get down to Ewood against Everton and lets as supporter give everthing we can to carry our team through this mess...stand up and be counted(bloody players too!)

Love him or hate him..it's time to "Stand By your Man".

( Yes and I do agrre that Leicester yesterday were one of the worst sides I have ever seen playing in the Prem.)

Time to lift and dust this thread.

Does anyone now agree with me that the man has lost the plot and should leave the club?

I jokingly predicted before the season that we might go down but I never seriously expected it to happen.

As long as Souness remains at the club we are doomed. The players have lost confidence and no longer have any faith in the manager.

The board should act now.

Bloodyhell Jim. I know you live just dwn the road from Leicester but to get back and post at 18:24 must have taken some doing.

Like I said, it's a psychological thing - Souness may not be a bad manager, but the players need a change to freshen things. Hearing the same voices everyday in training and matchdays can become monotonous and stale.

Like at Old Trafford you mean?????  

:withstupid:

You talk #####!!!

The players arent performing. Simple as.

Our luck will change, we'll get a lucky win against someone and we wont look back and we can play any flamin formation we want and still not get beaten and even Souness' tactical ineptitude will not be brought into the equation.

COME ON ROVERS                :brfc:

No one has come up with a response to my comparison between George Burley and Souness.

[...]

but the players need a change to freshen things. Hearing the same voices everyday in training and matchdays can become monotonous and stale.

As you've publicly stated that you think this forum is rubbish you shouldn't be too surprised when its members ignore your increasingly irrelevant posts.  Hoddle  :laugh:  I expect your brainless mates on the official board gave you a fantastic array of intelligent responses.

United's players are clearly so sick of Ferguson's voice that they go out and win the title almost every year.  Perhaps Man U should give Paul Sturrock the job to keep Keane and Van N-tw*t from getting stale.

Sorry Tris, didnt see your post before posting my previous one.

I was just amazed at what was said, I just had to get that off my chest.

WTF DID HE MEAN???JOKING ABOUT CANCER WHAT A LAUGH!

Wait a minute Abbey, I defended you when you made a joke about incest in Burnley because you didn't personally aim it at anyone. As Cheeky Sidders comes into contact with people who suffer from such abuse he didn't particularly find it funny.

Why isn't Jim allowed to refer to cancer? As someone who has had a relative die from breast cancer I don't find it particularly funny but I don't take it personally either. I'm sorry but it can't be one rule for you and one for others.

If Souness goes........ I WANT HIM TO STAY.................then the only person I would like to see take the job is George Graham.

He would sort out the defence; and not losing games is on the way to winning games.

However I am all geared up for Division 1 next season. I am getting that relegation feeling.

This form is worse than our relegation season with "doin a great job" Brian. The players then were duds, but it looks like this seasons crop are just as bad.

I want it to turn around so badly, but just cannot see how

:(

What's dangerous for Rovers now, is that Souness just doesnt know what to do anymore. You can see it through his scuffles with Dennis Rofe after the Southampton match, and not appearing for the press conference after thr Leicester one.

From what i see, it seems that Souness has completely lost the plot and is so frustrated and gutted as all his tactics are not working. What we need now is a manager with new ideas and new tactics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.