BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Who replaces him is irrelevant.

There is a cancer in our stricken club and it needs cutting out before it kills the patient.

That comment is in very very bad taste.

Why?

why?jim???

I lost my dad to cancer and to compare it to football is way off the mark and pray you never fall foul to it!!!!!

As people know I have never been a rated Souness as a manager and have said this even when the team was getting results so nobody can say I change my tune, but lets be sensible and to suggest Hoddle or Sturrock as replacements is just downright ridiculous. Souness is a better manager than Hoddle and you cant appoint a man who has never managed in the higher leagues of football and is still only just finding his feet in football management.

As people know I have never been a rated Souness as a manager and have said this even when the team was getting results so nobody can say I change my tune, but lets be sensible and to suggest Hoddle or Sturrock as replacements is just downright ridiculous. Souness is a better manager than Hoddle and you cant appoint a man who has never managed in the higher leagues of football and is still only just finding his feet in football management.

i don't think Souness should be sacked, but i feel he's made allot of mistakes this year, i hope we don't end up in a Peter Reid situation where Souness has taken Balckburn as far as he could and now has lost the plot, if we lose to possibly the worse team in the league then where do we go from here, that was our strongest team, now we lose Cole, Thompson and Neill in the next few games coming up.

Not sure that I would agree with Jim's analogy but after today's shambles I think Souness is nearing the point of no return.

Since the Wolves game I have seen no SPIRIT whatsoever in the team. (The 10 men against Liverpool honourably excepted.)

This is about supporting Blackburn Rovers and not Graeme Souness or any other individual.

has anyone remembered that we made question to Mr Williams saying, "we think the club is reelly reelly doing great and every is relly reelly lovely", i think if we could do the questions again they would be different

and sacking sounness would do what exactlty?

Might replace him with someone who gets the team playing for them/ to their potential perhaps.

Anyone who turns a blind eye to the current predicament is not a true fan of Blackburn Rovers in my eyes.

Might equally well have said the same about Iley, Harford, Hodgson, Kidd at the time.

Souness has done well in the past but that was then and this is now.

has anyone remembered that we made question to Mr Williams saying, "we think the club is reelly reelly doing great and every is relly reelly lovely", i think if we could do the questions again they would be different

mr.williams,... what the @#/? has happened sir?

be a chap and sign that henry fella.

Not sure that I would agree with Jim's analogy but after today's shambles I think Souness is nearing the point of no return.

Since the Wolves game I have seen no SPIRIT whatsoever in the team. (The 10 men against Liverpool honourably excepted.)

This is about supporting Blackburn Rovers and not Graeme Souness or any other individual.

But Revidge who the hell would you replace him with and how would you finance any rebuilding?

It would be financial suicide to sack Souness at this point in the season, he needs until Christmas at least and then I’d hesitate to remove him even if we were bottom of the league then.

SPIRIT? Did you not see Wednesdays display?

We hammered Leicester today and got nothing which is a worry I agree but if Thompson learned how to pass a football and Emerton added to that, both Cole and Yorke would have had a hatful.

As for rover6 adding hoddle to his list? i'm now sure he's a ringer. After the cup final no real Rover would want hoddle and his god squad anywhere near Ewood Park.

Might replace him with someone who gets the team playing for them/ to their potential perhaps.

Anyone who turns a blind eye to the current predicament is not a true fan of Blackburn Rovers in my eyes.

Might equally well have said the same about Iley, Harford, Hodgson, Kidd at the time.

Its not rocket science to see  where we are Rev,but saying if you dont want souey out then you are not  atrue fan..ABSOLUTE @#/?!!!!!!!!!!

We missed some gilt edge chances today and we should have a pen,you cant lay it on soey ffs.

But Revidge who the hell would you replace him with and how would you finance any rebuilding?

It would be financial suicide to sack Souness at this point in the season, he needs until Christmas at least and then I’d hesitate to remove him even if we were bottom of the league then.

SPIRIT? Did you not see Wednesdays display?

We hammered Leicester today and got nothing which is a worry I agree but if Thompson learned how to pass a football and Emerton added to that, both Cole and Yorke would have had a hatful.

As for rover6 adding hoddle to his list? i'm now sure he's a ringer. After the cup final no real Rover would want hoddle and his god squad anywhere near Ewood Park.

Hammered Leicester today?

Sorry GAV, saw a different game. All the possession, no desire no urgency, 1st (and only) decent shot on target from Cole after 62 mins.

Yes, the spirit on Wednesday was great. But it's been missing in every other game than that apart from Wolves.

I would repeat my view that the situation needs to have turned round by the end of the month.

Hoddle takes a lot of criticism but he did well at Southampton, Chelsea and Swindon. ANd his time at England wasn't too bad.

He only failed at Spurs where the board were interfering and he fell out with some key players. Saying that, didn't Souness fail at Liverpool and Southampton? Just because Hoddle didn't cut it at Spurs - doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

I'll stick to my guns with my support for Sturrock - and one of these days he'll get a big job and we'll see who was right.

No one has come up with a response to my comparison between George Burley and Souness. I.e the Ipswich fans and board spent too much time admiring what Burley had achieved and not enough considering the future and relegation. Before long - Ipswich were down and their most successful, recent manager still at the helm.

Too many people are living on the ghost of a Worthington Cup win and not considering the downwards spiral we're currently on.

Like I said, it's a psychological thing - Souness may not be a bad manager, but the players need a change to freshen things. Hearing the same voices everyday in training and matchdays can become monotonous and stale.

I totally disagree that we "hammered" them today. Lots of possession, but virtually all of it courtesy of a terrible Leicester side. To have 60% of the ball and manage one good effort on target is pathetic.

A manager stands or falls on his signings, his team selection, his tactics, his choice of backroom staff and his motivating the players; and on all five of those this season, he has clearly failed.

- his last good signing was Friedal. More recently, Thompson, Emerton, Reid, Amoruso, Gresko and Ferguson have all been poor to pathetic

- Team selection is all over the map. Players must have no idea where they fit in and why

- I find his tactics incomprehensible, switches formation with every substitution, 4-5-1 was useless. He looks like he's making it up as he goes along.

- His call to swap Boersma and Saunders. Where is the benefit?

- As to motivation, we can only infer from what we see and hear, but given the worst disciplinary record in the league, reports of bust-ups, players arguing when they get subbed, it certainly doesn't seem good.

I agree with Rev and with jim (mostly), every manager reaches his sell-by date apart from RFW, and I think Souness may have reached his.

Its not rocket science to see  where we are Rev,but saying if you dont want souey out then you are not  atrue fan..ABSOLUTE @#/?!!!!!!!!!!

We missed some gilt edge chances today and we should have a pen,you cant lay it on soey ffs.

Don't turn my words around, I said that if you turn a blind eye to our current situation (not if you don't want Souness out) you're not a true fan.

Personally I don't want Souness out, I would rather he turned  it round, but if he hasn't done it within the next month I would favour a change of direction to try and save the club.

souness cant be compared to burley.souness has managed countless top flight teams in numerous countrys what teams has burley managed apart from ipswich.maybe souness isnt the best manager in the world but a couple of the teams he has managed are championship winning teams rangers,galatasary but you can still compare him to burley

Hoddle takes a lot of criticism but he did well at Southampton, Chelsea and Swindon. ANd his time at England wasn't too bad.

He only failed at Spurs where the board were interfering and he fell out with some key players. Saying that, didn't Souness fail at Liverpool and Southampton? Just because Hoddle didn't cut it at Spurs - doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

I'll stick to my guns with my support for Sturrock - and one of these days he'll get a big job and we'll see who was right.

No one has come up with a response to my comparison between George Burley and Souness. I.e the Ipswich fans and board spent too much time admiring what Burley had achieved and not enough considering the future and relegation. Before long - Ipswich were down and their most successful, recent manager still at the helm.

Too many people are living on the ghost of a Worthington Cup win and not considering the downwards spiral we're currently on.

Like I said, it's a psychological thing - Souness may not be a bad manager, but the players need a change to freshen things. Hearing the same voices everyday in training and matchdays can become monotonous and stale.

whats different between the Souness and the Hodgson situation, both finsihed 6th in their first season in the PL, Hodgson was considered for England manager after the great first season, the both got things wrong, Hodgson however made panic buys which really cost him, i think Peacock and Amoruso are similar in quality, Perez and Emerton similar, and well we have no strikers signed so can't compare Davies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.