BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

I can't beleive you guys even have tread like this. Remember you lost Duff and could not replace his talent. Yorke and Cole are nowhere to be found. What can Souness do? He needs to sign a 2-3 quality players in January. Give Souness a break folks. He is a great manager.

He has done well for Galatasaray. We love him. If you guys don't want  him we'll take him back.

I can't beleive you guys even have tread like this. Remember you lost Duff and could not replace his talent. Yorke and Cole are nowhere to be found. What can Souness do? He needs to sign a 2-3 quality players in January. Give Souness a break folks. He is a great manager.

He has done well for Galatasaray. We love him. If you guys don't want  him we'll take him back.

Agree with you totally, Zman - best man for the job

Let us assume Souness does get dismissed from Ewood.

Does anyone think he will be unemployed for long?

Given the number of ex-Rangers and Galatasaray players we have seen at Ewood, where do you think he will do his shopping for his new employers? And, Grabbi apart, is he going to pay over-inflated prices?

For all the reputation Souness carries with him, do you think many of our players would ignore him if he came calling from another club?

While I'm not in the Souness out camp, I do think the board should come down hard on him for his outrageous behaviour at the saints match.

To be shown on T.V. offering Rofe down the tunnel, casts disgrace on the good name of Blackburn Rovers. He should immediately offer an apology to the fans and Rofe himself.

Then look forward with a little more humility, towards steering one of Englands finest clubs, out of it's current predicament.

I thought that article was more or less spot on. A frank no punches pulled opinion from an outsider looking in.

The only bit that was wrong was the bit about "before Blackburn are sucked into a relegation fight"

We're in one already.

There's no reason at all why we can't turn it round if we abandon the futile 4-5-1 formation, the players start pulling their weight and Souness concentrates on our own predicament rather than brawling with the opposition staff in the touchline/tunnel.

That said the level of self denial on here about our current position is quite staggering and extremely depressing.

We just do not have the money for a newcomer to buy new players and the present players are mostly here because of Souness. Either he and them will turn this potential catastrophe around or we will be relegated.

Can't agree with that at all tash. Souness deserves more time to turn things round but the Board MUST surely give the Club every chance of survival in its present form if results don't improve under him.

As a side issue, where has this assumption "we've no money" come from?. When Duff was sold Souness was quoted on Sky as saying that the money for Amoruso/ Gresko/ Emerton etc had been set aside even before the Dunn/ Duff sales. I accept that the wage bill may well be full which is a different matter entirely.

I have never felt so disspirited by the actions of the club , and its representatives, on and off the field. Souness and Cole need to apologise for their actions.

All it needs now is for some of our players to "forget " to turn up for a mandatory drug test, or for the lads to have a team-building exercise in a Manchester hotel which involves fire-extinguishers at 3am and pints of lager being poured into a concert grand!

As a side issue, where has this assumption "we've no money" come from?. When Duff was sold Souness was quoted on Sky as saying that the money for Amoruso/ Gresko/ Emerton etc had been set aside even before the Dunn/ Duff sales. I accept that the wage bill may well be full which is a different matter entirely.

Unless it was semantics to give the guy the brush off, we didn't sign Gray because we didn't have any money.

There's so many smokescreens about our cash that I really don't know what the situation is.

Out of those who are calling for his head, how many were doing so before the start of the season? Rover6 and KennySuperPundit, anyone else? I suspect most thought that Graeme was the man.

And they've all completely changed their minds in 12 games. That's football for you!

I don't think we have enough money to bring in the number of quality players that a new manager would need to get us out of the relegation position that Souness will have left us in IF he was sacked around the christmas period, Revidge.

If that were to happen then I think we would be relegated.

I hope that if this did come to pass I will be proved to be wrong.

Unless it was semantics to give the guy the brush off, we didn't sign Gray because we didn't have any money.

There's so many smokescreens about our cash that I really don't know what the situation is.

Out of those who are calling for his head, how many were doing so before the start of the season? Rover6 and KennySuperPundit, anyone else? I suspect most thought that Graeme was the man.

And they've all completely changed their minds in 12 games. That's football for you!

Fickle fans is the term you're looking for Bryan.

Is just as funny hearing Manure fans calling for Fergusons head after they lost to Fulham  :sarc:

I don't think we have enough money to bring in the number of quality players that a new manager would need to get us out of the relegation position that Souness will have left us in IF he was sacked around the christmas period, Revidge.

If that were to happen then I think we would be relegated.

I hope that if this did come to pass I will be proved to be wrong.

Other than the fact I think we need a striker, the players we have should easily be good enough for a top 10 finish.

At the moment the team are playing like Fulham did last season under Tigana. We need them to start playing like the current Fulham under Coleman.

Whether that will need them to listen to another voice remains to be seen. Hopefully not.

With respect Rev, the "needing to hear another voice" is often trotted out, and is one of the lamest excuses ever.

For god sake, these are professional people getting paid thousands a week, they have a responsibilty to themselves and more importanly to us poor buggers who pay to watch them every week.

They don't need to hear another voice, they need to earn their damn money.

As you point out the current squad is more than capable of finishing in the top ten, time they got on with it.

Another thought: ever since we were promoted Souness has said our priority is survival.

Perhaps Rovers disappointed him by finishing tenth and sixth over the past two season when what he really wanted was a good old muck and nettles relegation fight.

Well he certainly has got his wish now.

jim, I don't usually resort to this but quit being an idiot.  Your personal vendetta against Souness cos of what happened with your kid is ridiculous.

Does your son know how you are reacting to that?  If so I am sure he is embarrassed.  Not very good life lessons you are giving there jim.

What about that Rangers manager, far and away best manager up there, perhaps he can get more out of Barry Ferguson.

And there he shows his ignorance.  Anyone who thinks Alex McLeish is fit to lace Martin O'Neill's boots isn't a football fan.  

However, that said and realising that Martin O'Neill would never look at a club like us, Alex McLeish wouldn't be a bad choice.  He's young, had relatively good ideas.  I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Not a football fan huh?  You are right, I am a big fan of fishing and I hooked you big time.

Alex McLeish may not have as long a track record as O'Neill but has done a good job in getting Rangers back to being Scotlands number one football team.

Perhaps Rovers disappointed him by finishing tenth and sixth over the past two season when what he really wanted was a good old muck and nettles relegation fight.

Well he certainly has got his wish now.

Don't you mean that you have got your wish?

At least Souness is man enough to answer questions and criticisms put to him, unlike you.

Tugay have to go back to Turkey,still bad passing and not anymore good,amo put to reserves few games and then he maybe ok,and ou dear how much we trust ballerina(jansen)his not that good what he was few seasons ago,get some good striker...

tell me why matty is still good..few lucky goals he made but his still playing like ballerina.

And at Least

SOUNESS HAVE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!! OR IF SOME ONE WANT SOUNESS OUT THEN ONE AND ONLY TONY PARKES AGAIN!!!!

But Souness stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by:Finnish viking

Personlly I am a big Souness fan and have no doubt he will turn this one round before too long. I fully expect us to be between eighth and twelveth by new year, but ..............

I'm surprised and dissapointed that we have gone two games without scoring or really threatening to score with a turgid 4-5-1 formation that doesn't even have a Berkovic or a Dunn to suit the system. United play it in Europe with Scholes and it works well for them but we don't have anything remotely like a Scholes. Boring formation made worse without having the players to play it.

I also don't really think Paul Gallagher should be thrown into a struggling team although on the other hand he could turn out to be the saviour of the season.

Graeme Souness is sat on a long term deal on very good money, it's an absolute waste of time and energy campaigning for his removal, I just hope he ditches that dreadful formation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.