BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Jan2, you maybe having fun but the rest of us are not.

We come here to discuss and debate football matters and try and do it in an intelligent and civilised manner.

We do not come here to see pointless posts and petty bickering.

As for Souness. I hope he stays but he`s on thin ice with a lot of people right now.

I should mention I've had a complaint.  :(

about THIS THREAD ?? !

what on earth are the grounds for complaint, that there've been more than 3 posts in the last half hour and the person can't keep up ?

Chants?  There were chants against Souness and I missed them??

No. There were no chants against Souness so no, you didn't miss them.

There were chants of 'Souness for Tottenham' towards the end of the game (although that could have been from away fans)

The point about Ferguson avoiding the ball is rubbish and just to make sure I watched the game again.

He quite clearly goes looking for the ball, has his hands up on several occasions asking for a pass, put in a lot of effort, made challenges and found players with most of his passes - although I will admit his tendency to pass quickly and not hold the ball was still there.

Equate his performance with that of Tugay whose passing at times was nothing short of woeful. Mind you, it would be better if the two of them actually decided a pass to one another wasn't such a bad idea as they seem to do their own thing rather than work together.

Ferguson seemed to have one of his better games and given a bit fortune for the Blackburn strikers in front of goal - you wouldn't even be having this conversation.

As for Souness - I wouldn't say the Charlton game showed a lack of passion. I thought - probably like him, that Rovers played okay and there was no need to crack up during the game when possesion wise and chances wise, Blackburn controlled proceedings.

For the record, I'm not as pessimistic as I was the past few days. I needed to 'shout' "WE'RE DOOMED MR. MANWARING !. DOOMED !" to get it out of my system. I'm still a bit concerned that things don't turn around soonish, we're in the brown stuff though.

There were chants of 'Souness for Tottenham' towards the end of the game (although that could have been from away fans)

Well I certainly didn't hear that in the Blackburn End although there were plenty of angry people in there, so I must presume it must have come from another part of the ground. However most kept singing throughout the game, when we on level terms and when we went behind. The atmosphere in the second half was excellent especially compared with the poor performance on the pitch. The fans on Monday deserved much better than what they got from the players. Some did boo at half and full time but then again some always seem to if we aren't 3-0 up or whatever. Big deal, it's nothing new when supporting Rovers.

and now back to the football.

Should GS go, answer NO.  the one thing that any team needs when the going gets hard is to stick together,  have rovers played badly answer NO.   In both games they should of won and most of the fans know this.

However the first thing that counts is the results, and they have been bad.

I have watch the last two games and it is true that the run of the ball was not on our side.

the signing that GS has made have all been good ones apart from gabbie, and the club as a whole is in a lot better shape then it was when GS came.

Nevertheless fans have their own views and has such should not be shouted at for having them,  we live in a fairly open society and people should feel free to air their views in a logical and fair manner.

If the run of the ball does change and sometimes it does not, then all will be well if not then losing gamesw like we are doing means we could go down.

by the end of the season we will be in mid table ans next season when everone has settled down then we will develop, sometimes things have to get a bit worse before there get better and I think things will get better :D

I think the idea of sacking Souness is rediculous.

I understand that we aren't playing that well at the moment, but its not a unique thing for Rovers, most years we dont seem to have that great a sart.

For one thing, a knee-jerk reaction like sacking the manager isn't going to do anyone any good. Players need stability. Look what happened last time we sacked our manager.

Also, who would we get instead? George Graham? Paul Jewell? that Plymouth manager someone was talking about? Why don't we poach the Accrington Stanley manager cos he was able to get them promoted to the Conference. The point I'm trying to make is that I dont think that any of the managers who would come to Rovers, would do any better than what Souness has.

Give him time, the season is still young. I'm sure we'll turn it around and be up there by the end of the season.

FOR F SAKE IT WAS THE CHARLTON FANS SINGING IT ,CANT BELIEVE THE STATE THIS BOARDS BECOMING I MAY JOIN THE OFFICIAL BOARD YOU GET MORE SENSE THAN ON HERE AT THE MOMENT.

FOR F SAKE IT WAS THE CHARLTON FANS SINGING IT ,CANT BELIEVE THE STATE THIS BOARDS BECOMING I MAY JOIN THE OFFICIAL BOARD YOU GET MORE SENSE THAN ON HERE AT THE MOMENT.

I did say it might have been the away fans didn't I ?

Interesting to hear Souey getting more positive about staying. Has it anything to do with the revelations that Spurs finances are in a horrible mess and they need to raise £20m from somewhere just to satisfy the bank. Rovers are no longer rich but they're not in that kind of ####. Of course these things can change particularly if a Russian billionaire appears. But he probably won't see a manager with a team of relegation contenders as a great idea for the next manager. Looks like Souey will just have to dig us out the mire 'cos there's nowhere else to go. The sack is more a likely outcome than a glamour job now

There is no way Souness should be sacked, as people have said his record is superb, it's not about where we are now it's where are in May. I have very confidence things will turn round.

Souness has now constructed a team that is his, this isn't something you can do overnight. He will see it through, that's the kind of man he is. He won't walk away, nor will he be sacked.

We have underperformed, we have dissapointed, but one win will turn all the gloom into happiness. Charlton and Glencer will be forgotten.

Remember where we came from, we are still building. Just remember who got us here and who's doing the building.

This is our team, Graemes' team so for gods sake get behind your team, pull in the same direction and be patient.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.......

and we have class!

Just don't have any positive feelings at all about the game today.

There just seems to be too many things not happening for us at the moment, and I am not just talking about 'lady luck'. I don't like the way luck seems to be a recurring theme this season.

Surely bad luck doesn't mean stupid mistakes made by defenders, a manager who doesn't know his best side/formation, a team which used to thrive on width not having any........ and so on and on.......

Could be there's an underlying sense of seniority at work, I don't know.

Erm.. you're a moderator and YOU don't know ??????

If you read my post properly you'll notice it says I'm not involved in the moderating of the site. My role as admin is in the development and design of the site, and the technical aspect of the site and forum, not moderating the forums.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.