BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Mark Hughes, Chris Coleman, Mickey Adams

Those are for starters- without looking at lower division managers who should be given the chance.

Why not Gary Megson- He did the best he could with limited resources at West Brom- NIgel Worthington

Off the top of my head

Those are for starters- without looking at lower division managers who should be given the chance.

Why not Gary Megson- He did the best he could with limited resources at West Brom- NIgel Worthington

Off the top of my head

And hand on heart you'd trade Souness for any one of them  :sarc:

Calm down Gav.......everyones entitled to there own opinion

BREATH....... BREATH...........

IF you lot don't think something needs to be done NOW, you obviously don't care about Rovers.

You know everyone who posts on this board is a passionate (bar Sam Dingle) Rovers fan! Why say something like that which will only pi** people off!

Sounded even today untill the Cole sending off.  Can't believe Wolves are above us.  Waiting till Leicester when I get to see the game live to decide a lot off things.  Ok one game can go either way and I can't judge for all the games so far, but hopefully ill be able to tell the thought out opinions to the knee jerk or ultra optomistic views.  Either way GS SHOULD NOT GO!

First of all- I am @#/?!

The only qualm I have with GS is trying to fit his fav. players in his stupid new system.

We have always been 4-4-2, so lets stick to it.

Be brave Souey, drop either fergie or tugay, and play one with fat flitty...

am too drunk now , will comment more on sunday after my fry up!!!!

lol - would drop Tugay as he don't seem to be playing that well - actually like the system - or would if I thought anyone of our midfielders could play in a more advanced role i.e.  a date i say it Dunn (think he needed to go but would be perfect for that role)

Actually I thought Duff gave a lot of credit to Saunders for helping his finishing ability?

BTW why would Chris Coleman leave Fulham?  He is currently setting the Premier Leauge alight, having just knocked off last-years champions away.  He has a fair amount of financial backing at the club and a good set of players.

What would a managerless Rovers in the relegation zone offer him??

Absolutely unbelievable.  You don't just pick managers up off the side of the road, dust them down and give them a job. If you believe Rovers could replace Souness and do better you must be mad. When we got promotion, Souness was the ideal voice of reason.  He set out to establish us as a Premiership club, by keeping us there for five years.  This was an understated yet profound goal that shows us just how right Souness is about the size and capabilities of this club. Last season's sixth position was an amazing feat, but it was clear that any one of the mid table club could have gone on a good run like us.  Souness' realism is exactly what we need to hear.  Sacking a manager who has been in office for a decent amount of time is clearly an action that reeks of panic.  

I suspect anyone who calls for the head of Souness to be a gloryhunter.  Sorry but if you think that rovers should be breaking into the top five, beating clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool on a regular basis, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.  No club that gets gates under 30,000 can survive at that level.  Also, the heart of the team that got us up and into the top six has disappeared. I am pleased enough with the signing King Souey has made, but a season of consolidation and mid table obscurity is perhaps needed first.  Fans that call for Souness to be sacked seem to have it in their heads that Rovers are some underachieving team, that we should be in for silverware every season.  The fact of the matter is that we have had rollercoaster years every year since Uncle Jack came on the scene.  I dont think this season will be one.  We are headed to be the Middlesbro or Spurs of the season, or maybe the next few seasons! Why can't people be happy with that?!!! Why can't they realise that last season was as good as it gets for a while.  This is not a lack of ambition , more it is a realistic view of the club during this epoch, with Souness as manager!!! Patience will pay off, in the mean time, recognise the double over Arsenal for what it was, or the defeat of United, or Chelsea, it was amazing!! That is what us town teams should sing and dance about!!  Victories that show us for what we are, a team that plays football the right way and show the will to win!!  We are heading the right way. that is to be a bona fide premiership club.

As for those who talk about relegation this season, take your head out of your arse and cheer the Rovers on!  You know we aren't going down, you just like to whinge!!

Personally, I've never liked Tugay. People always say hes a good passer and can create oppurtunities but I cant see where they got that from. IF I was manager I would have dropped Tugay a long time ago (I would have played Dunn instead of Tugay last season). I think for the next match Souness has got to revert back to 4-4-2 coz playing Cole up front on his own just isn't working. I also think that they should give Gallagher a start and try playing Steven Reid on the left wing (as he has played there before for Millwall and Rep of Ireland). This is what I think they should play against Liverpool but it'll never happen:-

Freidel

Neill      Todd      Taylor   Gresko

Flitcroft/Ferguson

Emerton                             Reid

Thompson

Gallagher       Cole/Grabbi

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves. :brfc:

And bringing in manager X would be a guarantee of fixing all that waggy?

Rubbish we would get a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and  these CM player fans would be after his head, they'd all be crying "why'd we ever get rid of Souness".

I do agree though, Mr Williams needs to sit down with Souness and find out what he plans to do.  Perhaps even have him answer some of the fans questions about his tactics and playing players out of position.

Hang in there Graeme you can do it, and if we are bottom at Christmas, then Feck off. (just kidding)

Off the top of my head

What about that Rangers manager, far and away best manager up there, perhaps he can get more out of Barry Ferguson.

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves. :brfc:

And bringing in manager X would be a guarantee of fixing all that waggy?

Rubbish we would get a new manager, he'd lose a couple of games and  these CM player fans would be after his head, they'd all be crying "why'd we ever get rid of Souness".

I do agree though, Mr Williams needs to sit down with Souness and find out what he plans to do.  Perhaps even have him answer some of the fans questions about his tactics and playing players out of position.

Hang in there Graeme you can do it, and if we are bottom at Christmas, then Feck off. (just kidding)

:rover: the thing is my choice is MARK HUGHES,he ain't going to be available till after the euro 2004 play off's.i for one can see hughes going on to be a managerial great,and it would give him 6 week's to judge the present squad-that gives souey another few games in charge-WE LOSE TO LIECESTER ON SUNDAY,AND WE ARE DOOMED.

:sarc:  :brfc:

Whilst we haven't yet reached the point of no return with Souness you can certainly see it approaching in the distance.

We need to get some results. The Carling Cup is obviously not as important as the league but I'd take a good result and a good PERFORMANCE against Liverpool.

Leicester. If we lose this one then the alarm bells will start warming up and getting out of their tracksuits.

It's crunch time. Those that say we shouldn't get rid of Souness, that "replacing him with Manager X - what good will that do?"  -  I just hope that we don't get to the point where we all start thinking "Well we've nothing left to lose we may as well try someone else". More defeats will bring that day closer I'm afraid.

HOWEVER let's get all these negative thoughts out the way.

It's a big game on Wednesday - get down to Ewood and get behind them. Let's show how we, as Blackburn Rovers fans, react when faced with adversity. It's time to make some noise.

Lose to Leicester?  It could well happen, as I mention elsewhere, we seem to be playing the "lesser" teams immediately after they have been embarrassed, spurs them on.  If our lot think they can just show up and win then as waggy says, we are doomed.

What about that Rangers manager, far and away best manager up there, perhaps he can get more out of Barry Ferguson.

And there he shows his ignorance.  Anyone who thinks Alex McLeish is fit to lace Martin O'Neill's boots isn't a football fan.  

However, that said and realising that Martin O'Neill would never look at a club like us, Alex McLeish wouldn't be a bad choice.  He's young, had relatively good ideas.  I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Off the top of my head

Chris Coleman may be doing a good job at Fulham with Jean Tigana's players, but let's see how he fairs in the transfer market before we even begin to consider him as a quality manager.  Remember Peter Taylor?

The problem seems to have arisen at the time that he helpfully replaced Boersma as coach with the man who had COMPLETELY failed to get our strikers working when he was striking coach- ANOTHER piece of evidence in the "I have no clue what I'm doing" corner.

Seems to me another piece of eveidence in the 'you don't have a clue' camp to me.  Phil Boersma was replaced because of player pressure as they didn't like him and he had no rapport with them at all.  This was evident both in training and during the games.

Last year we did well in spite of Boersma not because of him. Don't worry though Jan don't let facts get in the way of your anti-Souness campaign.

And there he shows his ignorance.  Anyone who thinks Alex McLeish is fit to lace Martin O'Neill's boots isn't a football fan.  

However, that said and realising that Martin O'Neill would never look at a club like us, Alex McLeish wouldn't be a bad choice.  He's young, had relatively good ideas.  I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Why is he showing his ignorance in stating an opinion. McLeish showed in his first season that what O'Neill has done is nothing special.  The only difference being that at least McLeish gets his team playing attractive football as opposed to the tried and tested lump it to the big man and have a team full of workers to do the rest that O'Neill so prefers

Substitue Heskey for Hartson add a load of average workhorses who are not good enough for the Premiership and what do you have Leicester in the SPL, see it's easy.  If O'Neill is so good why haven't Liverpool or Manu come in for him.  Oh yeah that's right 'cos he loves Celtic and the challenge of the SPL  :D  :D  :D

Personally, I've never liked Tugay. People always say hes a good passer and can create oppurtunities but I cant see where they got that from.

You should have gone to Specsavers.

Dropping Souness mid-season and while we are precariously balanced would be a certain recipe for relegation.  I won't repeat what several of you have said already but the achievements made under Souness in the time he has been with us have been incredible.  This whole debate reminds me of the grumblings that surfaced prior to our glorious day in Cardiff.

As for the possible replacements touted by the mob, I would say the only credible one who would even consider coming to Rovers would be Mark Hughes but even he has other things on his mind.  The rest, quite frankly, are laughable.  Would the likes of Gary Megson and Mickey Mouse... sorry, Adams attract players other than those from crap clubs?  We would have a team sheet that was reminiscent of Fettis, Ward, Peacock, Carsley, Blake et al.

If Souness goes, a lot of players who signed because of him would be seriously annoyed.  The first thing that would happen next summer (regardless of how we end the season) would be Brad Friedel would leave.

Stop the bellyaching, get behind the team, don't bay for blood if we go one behind and show a little faith.  We will not be relegated and we will turn this around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.