BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Perhaps when we finally hit the bottom Souness will offer his resignation. On present form, that will be sooner rather than later.

Given the lucrative contract he is on,can't see that ever happening jim. (him resigning that is, not us hitting rock bottom, which will will take about another fortnight on the form shown over the last eleven games)

I don't envy the Board on this one, they are in a no win situation. If they back Souness and we are relegated they will be accused of failing to take action, if they sack him they will undoubtedly take horrendous flak from the "Souey is god and can do no wrong" brigade.

Whilst I don't think there is any need to seriously consider a change of direction yet, I would not be of the same opinion if performances and results hadn't improved in 6-8 weeks time.

Whilst I don't think there is any need to seriously consider a change of direction yet, I would not be of the same opinion if performances and results hadn't improved in 6-8 weeks time.

In six to eight weeks we could be marooned at the bottom and it will be too late for a change of direction. Clubs stuck at the bottom in December tend to stay there.

Maybe I'm wrong and Souness will lead us out of trouble but I've got a feeling he will not. The team looks a mess tactically, confused and woefully lacking in confidence.

and still you won't name a replacement

While I'm still firmly in the Souness camp - I'd suggest Chris Coleman as an alternative. He appears to have achieved at Fulham, in a very short time, the resolution of several problems:

Fractured dressing room

Senior players taking more responsibility

Improved team spirit

..and all without spending money, as far as I'm aware.

Increasingly our team look as though they don't know what to do in given situations. I'm wondering to what extent this is inlfuenced by Boersma being replaced by Dean Saunders this summer? Boersma was the defensive influence on the team with Souey looking to drive the team forward in attack. We clearly cannot continue to play Ferguson, Flitcroft and Tugay in the same midfield until someone tells them excatly what roles they are supposed to be playing.

and still you won't name a replacement

While I'm still firmly in the Souness camp - I'd suggest Chris Coleman as an alternative. He appears to have achieved at Fulham, in a very short time, the resolution of several problems:

Fractured dressing room

Senior players taking more responsibility

Improved team spirit

..and all without spending money, as far as I'm aware.

Increasingly our team look as though they don't know what to do in given situations. I'm wondering to what extent this is inlfuenced by Boersma being replaced by Dean Saunders this summer? Boersma was the defensive influence on the team with Souey looking to drive the team forward in attack. We clearly cannot continue to play Ferguson, Flitcroft and Tugay in the same midfield until someone tells them excatly what roles they are supposed to be playing.

agree  he has done well, however he has not been tested long term or in the transfer market, i don't think £500,000 for Pembridge who is 32 yrs old was money well spent, he did get allot of good players when he took over most under-achieving last year

Perhaps when we finally hit the bottom Souness will offer his resignation. On present form, that will be sooner rather than later.

Given the lucrative contract he is on,can't see that ever happening jim. (him resigning that is, not us hitting rock bottom, which will will take about another fortnight on the form shown over the last eleven games)

I don't envy the Board on this one, they are in a no win situation. If they back Souness and we are relegated they will be accused of failing to take action, if they sack him they will undoubtedly take horrendous flak from the "Souey is god and can do no wrong" brigade.

hmmm... i didn't consider that, what happens if things don't improve over the next weeks

In six to eight weeks we could be marooned at the bottom and it will be too late for a change of direction. Clubs stuck at the bottom in December tend to stay there.

Maybe I'm wrong and Souness will lead us out of trouble but I've got a feeling he will not. The team looks a mess tactically, confused and woefully lacking in confidence.

You still haven't named a better available manager

Of course he should go. I wanted him out at the start of last season but had no support at all.

He will be the ruination of Blackburn Rovers by his pig headed attitude culminating in getting rid of our best players.

The guy just loves the money and he has now secured another long lucrative contract for himself and has managed to bring in funds to BUY MORE CRAP PLAYERS.

I'm telling you he is touting for the Spurs job and if he goes he will leave us without our saleable players but with players he has bought who I cant think of one who we would be able to recoup the fees he bought them for and we will be in a relegation dog fight.

One player he has brought to the club who was a excellent buy has been Brad Friedal who through his performances last season made Souness look a good manager as well as promote us to a position in the league which flattered us.

But one good buy and umpteen crap buys just about sums this manager up.

The board have been brilliant to Souness but please please dont give him any more money to squander.

I'm probably going to get a bit of stick for this, but I couldn't care less:

The Rovers fans who wants to sack Souness don't have a clue about what's good for Rovers, they really dont. It's absolutely pathetic to even think about sacking Souness, and how one could find arguments for doing it I'll never know.

Pathetic is the word!

sooner the better, another manager would spend the january transfer money far more wisely. Are any of our summer signings any good? Emerton potentially if he played in a better system, he would offer more in the centre than any of our other midfielders. As for the others Gresko and Amoruso are out of their depth, we paid £5m too much for Ferguson, Baggio looks lost and Reid tries without impressing. We should have bid for a striker who would only have come for the money but would score goals. Its a nice thought to buy young potential or buy cheap experience and look after the clubs coffers but it all adds up. We would be better served buying players in their prime and proven at the highest level instead of 5 or 6 monkeys. And Souness does'nt know a good player from his elbow. Get PARKES in now and get some points on the board. Is their a worse manager in the premier considering the funds available to Souness(Gerrard aside)?

Jim obviously isn't stating a replacement because he agrees with my view that Paul Sturrock should take over.

The man has performed miracles at Plymouth with no money whatsoever. Before you deride Plymouth and division 2, remember not many of you knew much about Dave Moyes and PNE before he joined Everton.

Sturrock is one of several decent managers in the nationwide who are ready for a big job. Paul Hart, Ronnie Moore, Gary Megson, Iain Dowie.

Along with potentially decent bosses currently out of work, like Eddie Gray and Lou Macari.

rover 6 you are a clone of jim and IMo that makes you someone who I just cannot find time to bide.

You obviously have NO ideas regarding BRFC.

You clearly cannot see through those tainted grey specs that you blatantly and so obviously wear.

Your views are based on media and radio commentary as YOU were NOT at Southampton today.

Your unrespected spouts about Souness are just typical of someone who cannot understand that football is a sport where it has a lot of ups and downs. Yes sometimes were really bad and other we are really good. Its just right at this moment we hare having  a bad time of it. This reason alone did NOT stop 1900 Rovers fans flocking to Southampton in order to SUPPORT our team. Even as we lost we still APPLAUDED the effort of our team.

THAT IS WHAT BEING A SUPPORTER IS ALL ABOUT - TAKING THE BAD TIMES AS WELL AS THE GOOD TIMES.

You really rile me off with your stupid rants and suggestions that one Paul Sturrock is the saviour of our club, He ISN'T going to ever get the job at Ewood, neither is Gary Megson or Iain Dowie. So back your truck up and get out there and start supporting the team that you ALLEGEDLY follow. :brfc:

remember not many of you knew much about Dave Moyes and PNE before he joined Everton.

Dave Moyes who briefly played for Celtic before going onto Shrewsbury and Preston, where he evnentually became boss after (I think) being assistant manager?

Nah, I'd never heard of him before he became Everton manager!

You must think we get all our footy news from "The Premiership"!

As for Sturrock, whooppee doo, he's worked minor miracles at Plymouth. But to extrapolate that and say that he would be better at managing Rovers than Souness ... well, it just doesn't work like that. Where was he before - Dundee United? What record of success has he had? Did he revolutionise the Scottish game? Did he get Benfica into the Champions' League against a background of boardroom interference? Has he won any trophies as a manager? No, he hasn't, he's doing a decent job in the lower leagues, just like many managers. You might as well suggest Nigel Clough.

Look at Chris Coleman, doing well at Fulham after being tipped to take them down. Doesn't mean if someone else poached him he'd be successful there, or that he'll find managing in the Prem just as easy next year.

The man has performed miracles at Plymouth with no money whatsoever. Before you deride Plymouth and division 2, remember not many of you knew much about Dave Moyes and PNE before he joined Everton.

Sturrock is one of several decent managers in the nationwide who are ready for a big job. Paul Hart, Ronnie Moore, Gary Megson, Iain Dowie.

While I do not agree, I can see what you're trying to say here.

However, most of us are sceptical to unproven managers as Brian Kidd could fit well into those criterias you mention.

I do not think I am the only one who is happy he is NOT at the club anymore.

I think this smells CM playing a long way...

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves. :brfc:

Souness does'nt know a good player from his elbow.

Yes, it's a shame he offloaded Superstar Grayson to replace him with Curtis and then Neill.

What did he think when he sold the Mighty Carsley only for a long haired turk to play in the same position?

And I have to say I REALLY miss Ashley "Targetman" Wards many goals! What the ¤#&% can Cole do that Ward can't???

Friedel has just been lucky all the years he's played for us. The truth is he sucks, just ask Houllier.

Not to mention Darren "The Wall Peacock! Whu would anyone rather play Berg???

I could go on and on with a lot of players....however if you don't see the difference i don't think there's any point......

:rover: to be honest,after watching the premiership and today's game,well every game this season minus pompey away,i would not shed a tear if souey was sacked,resigned or left by mutual consent.

today's tactic's were pathetic,the summer signing's were poor,and we are losing fans in droves. :brfc:

maybe Souness just didn't know who to drop in midfield, also our strikers are doing @#/? poor in the last 3 or 4 games, it seems almost every team in the league has a range of good players, there is a fine line between winning and losing, i do think 1 win in 11 games is almost as bad as Hodgson's record but Souness needs time he will get it right, should have got a top striker however in the summer

maybe Souness just didn't know who to drop in midfield, also our strikers are doing @#/? poor in the last 3 or 4 games, it seems almost every team in the league has a range of good players, there is a fine line between winning and losing, i do think 1 win in 11 games is almost as bad as Hodgson's record but Souness needs time he will get it right, should have got a top striker however in the summer

:rover: time is one thing that we don't have :brfc:

:rover: time is one thing that we don't have :brfc:

It's not like there's over half the season left is it.

Give him until christmas at least, look what happened to Sunderland this time last season when they sacked Peter Reid and couldn't find anyone better to replace him with.

rover6, please don't mention Paul Sturrock again, he's done an ok job with Plymouth, but he's not a Premiership manager.

Our strikers are in poor shape so Souness combats that by dropping all but one? Yes, seems logical doesn't it. Much better just to play the one than showing someone a bit of confidence...say Grabbi...giving him a few games, give him a chance to get that goal and let him turn that corner.

Nah, much better to play 4-5-1 with two sitting midfielders, one headless chicken (but he's the captain, he must play...oh and he can tackle...a bit) and two wingers who think they play in the middle.

Yes. Smart move.

If you go out to Ewood today

You're sure of a big surprise.

If you go out to Ewood today

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bore that ever there was

Will gather there for certain, because

Today's the day the whingers make us all sick.

Chorus:

Picnic time for Jimbo's bores,

The little Jimbo's bores are having a lovely time today.

Watch them, catch them unawares,

And see them whining on here everyday.

See them gaily dance about.

They love to play and shout.

And never have any cares.

At six o'clock their mommies and daddies

Will take them home to bed

Because they're tired little whingeing bores.

If you go out to Ewood today,

You'd better not go alone.

It's lovely out at Ewood today,

But safer to stay at home.

For every bore that ever there was

Will gather there for certain, because

Today's the day the whingers make us all sick.

TO CHORUS

Every Jimbo's bore, that's been good

Is sure of a treat today

There's lots of miserable things to bleat

And wonderful games to play

Beneath the threads, where everyone sees

They'll whine and bleat as long as they please

Today's the day that Jimbo's bores make us all sick.

TO CHORUS

IF you lot don't think something needs to be done NOW, you obviously don't care about Rovers.

The only something that would help is either

a) Buy a superstar who can inject confidence into the team- oh wait- we sold him; or

B) Get the manager the HELL away from the team.

The problem seems to have arisen at the time that he helpfully replaced Boersma as coach with the man who had COMPLETELY failed to get our strikers working when he was striking coach- ANOTHER piece of evidence in the "I have no clue what I'm doing" corner.

Don't just sack him- extradict him to somewhere horrible- Camp X-Ray sounds good to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.