BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Today's game is rather important.

We didn't play badly against Charlton- we just weren't very smart against them and Souey certainly wasn't "cute" about how he handled it. Didn't see the Glencer game at Ewood but by all accounts it was a decent performance and unreflective result.

So here comes the crunch.

A bad performance, a convincing defeat, bottom three position and yes we have a full-on crisis.

Another OKish performance, no win, and we are still where we are now.

Another OK performance, Saints don't improve on recent form, miss their only chance in the game (unlike Charlton) and we get a scrappy win. Lo and behold, we will not be that far behind 4th place!

My best guess is that we will lose the next three then slowly turn things round.

Souness has achieved remarkable things at Ewood but I agree with Jan, he would not neccessarily be my choice as a dinner guest. That doesn't matter compared with what he has done so far.

However, if he is unable to maintain the Rovers' Prem place, he will be vulnerable if come early next year there is time to save the situation and Souey seems bereft of ideas.

Saints 2 Rovers 0

How many more defeats will you supporters of Souness accept?

He's had his day. Today, he played a defensive 4-5-1. A ridiculous tactical move because it means playing for a 0-0. And everyone knows that playing for 0-0 is about as stupid as playing Tommo on the left.

The players were uninspired, lost, Cole isolated and his frustration boiled over.

I'm telling you, Souness needs to go, or we go down.

there is a fine line between success and failure, i think souness has made a couple of bad buys and strange tactics but will still prove himself, i have faith, if things don't improve then some spare cash will show up in the transfer window and hopefully we can get a top striker, jansen can't do it, Yorke is gone, Grabbi useless and Gally too young

If things don't pick up then there might well be a change at the top. I still think we're some way off that point though.

Either way I don't want Paul Sturrock - I know nothing of the man - I know Plymouth are top, or near the top of Division Two - but I don't want him because rover6 is either related to him or his agent / lover. Or all three.

So we wait till January? When will be embroiled in a relegation fight.

Souness has the players at his disposal. Our current team is good enough for mid-table at least. But not with him in charge.

Souness out Sturrock in.

well last time we struggled he bought Cole we won the League cup and finished top half, so he proven he can turn things around, there are fighters and there are quitters

Yep, 451, outrageously defensive, that'll never work for anyone. Oh, hang about, Fulham just went to Old Trafford and won 3-1.

we managed 3 shots on target compared to southampton's 15 so he is right to say 451 did not work, Fulham have allot of great midfield attacking players so its best for them

Yep, 451, outrageously defensive, that'll never work for anyone. Oh, hang about, Fulham just went to Old Trafford and won 3-1.

Just to knock down that comment even further. Fulham play with Boa Morte and Malbranque on the wings. Pacy players who become strikers on the counter attack.

We have Emerton and Tommo who either don't want to play there, or can't.

Fulham play with Boa Morte and Malbranque on the wings. Pacy players who become strikers on the counter attack.

Absolutely spot on - and there lies, IMO, the reason why we're struggling so badly.

Maybe they're told to constantly cut in all the time?

Either way they're offering little to the team at the moment. If you are to play 5 across the middle then at least one of them should stop out wide?

Fulham play with Boa Morte and Malbranque on the wings. Pacy players who become strikers on the counter attack.

Absolutely spot on - and there lies, IMO, the reason why we're struggling so badly.

Either way they're offering little to the team at the moment. If you are to play 5 across the middle then at least one of them should stop out wide?

Has Souness resigned in shame tonight?

And if he has not, does the board have the guts to sack him, which they should have done weeks ago?

If anyone were in any doubt, we now in the midst of a full-blown crisis.

And if he has not, does the board have the guts to sack him, which they should have done weeks ago?

and still you won't name a replacement

So we sack Souness do we? Absolute and utter crap!!

Would a new manager at this stage have any different players to work with?  NO!!!

I would rather stick with the man who has been successful for the last three years and let him sort it - as I am sure he will.

You can't just change your manager every time a team has a bad run - calm down FFS.

And in a perverse way you seem to revel in it.

Strange chap you are Jim.

Sorry but your personal vendetta is totally boring now.

Sorry but your personal vendetta is totally boring now.

exactly!...there again hes been at for years .saddo

You wanted him sacked a lot earlier than weeks ago.

For the last year or more you've been calling for him to get the boot. Didn't it start off with something about him not saying hello to your daughter when she was a mascot at Ewood?

Because Souness didn't say hello at the time, you started calling for him to go.

Where I do agree with you Jim, is in your description of this becoming a crisis now. Six league defeats, 19 goals conceded and hovering perilously above the drop zone - The situation is serious and there's no escaping the fact.

I still firmly believe though in giving Souness more time to turn things around.

You'll say that I'm burying my head in the sand - but I'd argue that sacking him by no means guarantees that we'll do any better. I suspect that a couple of months into the 1998/99 season, you were demanding that Woy Hodgson be sacked.

But look at the replacement we got. It didn't do much good did it? We were relegated under Kiddo. Chopping and changing managers every time there's a bad run of defeats isn't a recipe for success.

I just wish the Man United board had sacked Fergie when they went through a full blown crisis back in 1989.

Sacking the manager may not always work but when the said manager has precipitated the present crisis through poor transfer dealings and mystifying tactics, and shows no sign of finding a solution, how long do we have to wait before either he resigns or the board finally acts?

Rovers are now in the bottom five, one point below the much-derided Wolves, and unless we start to pick up points soon we will be rock bottom of the table, never mind in the relegation places.

Perhaps when we finally hit the bottom Souness will offer his resignation. On present form, that will be sooner rather than later.

a note to the souness out people....

scenirio time folks.

Soey is sacked resigns whatever floats your boat.Hughsey ,Shearer or Hendry takes charge..in there 1st four games we get hammered .What do you want the new man out?????

YOU CANT CHANGE MANAGERS EVERY TIME WE HAVE A BAD RUN.

I know its hard at the moment but we WILL prevail.

sturrock?do me a favour compare his record with soey .

i know Howard Wilko.Think to many people believe in Mike Basset.

Sacking the manager may not always work but when the said manager has precipitated the present crisis through poor transfer dealings and mystifying tactics, and shows no sign of finding a solution, how long do we have to wait before either he resigns or the board finally acts?

Rovers are now in the bottom five, one point below the much-derided Wolves, and unless we start to pick up points soon we will be rock bottom of the table, never mind in the relegation places.

Perhaps when we finally hit the bottom Souness will offer his resignation. On present form, that will be sooner rather than later.

you still have not named who should replace him

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.