BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

If Saunders is supposed to be training our strikers , who the BH is training our defence!

IMHO Souness should stay and we should get a decent trainer for both defence and attack.

If GS is to go I would favour Mark Hughes.....he would at least bring back some fighting spirit to the squad.

Sturrock is actually quite experienced, as he was a pretty good manager in Jockland before turning Plymouth from a poor 3rd division team to a top 2nd division team. I doubt he'd come right now, as he seems settled down there, as the new contract shows. There is a problem with the people who are instantly available being even worse than Souness. Graeme was the right guy for the job after Brian Kidd, but I think his managerial limitations are becoming too clear now for comfort.

Souness Must Go????

Where is the logiic in that? Yes we lost a 3-1 lead, but was Souness the one on the pitcjh who lost it?

Oh please!

By all means, feel free to argue in favour of Souness - but this well-worn argument is totally stupid.

Was Brian Kidd on the pitch when we were stinking up division one?

Was Graham Taylor playing alongside Carlton Palmer for England when he was England boss?

Were they still culpable for the bad results?

Souness Must Go????

Where is the logiic in that? Yes we lost a 3-1 lead, but was Souness the one on the pitcjh who lost it?

Oh please!

By all means, feel free to argue in favour of Souness - but this well-worn argument is totally stupid.

Was Graham Taylor playing alongside Carlton Palmer for England when he was England boss?

Would having Todd and Short, available have made a difference to Souness' "performance" on Saturday?

I have read through nearly all of the posts on this thread and I have to say if you made as much noise on the terrace as you do on this forum then may be we wouldn't be in this position, I'm CHEESED off with going down to Ewood and being made to feel as though we are playing away, we are continually outsung by the away fans and i think this gets through to the players, so instead of slagging off Souey  lets get behind him and the whole club and make some positive noise for a change. When Souness arrived at this club it was a shambles, we were rudderless, Souness got us back on track and made other clubs respects us again, he is shrewd, wise and a fantastic manager so get off his back and get singing,the ones who don't sing you all know who you are.

Edited by Alan75>Please read posting guidelines regarding language

Get the Tea Cake boy in.

He could bring in 25 new signings on tuppence happenny and bring a refreshing windswept haircut into the dressing room. The half-time biscuity jam and marshmellow half-time confections shouldn't be discounted either.

Although the prancing up the touchline to Bonnie Tyler is a different matter.

When is a blip a malaise? Weren't we getting very similar comments on here two years ago before Andy Cole saved our hides?

• Backroom
Get the Tea Cake boy in.

He could bring in 25 new signings on tuppence happenny and bring a refreshing windswept haircut into the dressing room. The half-time biscuity jam and marshmellow half-time confections shouldn't be discounted either.

Although the prancing up the touchline to Bonnie Tyler is a different matter.

I'd lay off that whacky-baccy if I was you mate !  :D  :D  :D

Couldn't  believe my eyes when i read the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and read the comments by souey, What kind of pillock says, A spell in the bottom 3 would be good as it may wake a few people up.Can't he see how we have been playing recentley if we enter that bottom 3 we ain't getting out.

Couldn't  believe my eyes when i read the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and read the comments by souey, What kind of pillock says, A spell in the bottom 3 would be good as it may wake a few people up.Can't he see how we have been playing recentley if we enter that bottom 3 we ain't getting out.

I don't think he meant it literally. It is a type of reverse psychology. Although the players do need to Wake Up!!!

soui has a very valid point it is better to drop into the bottom 3 now and be woken rather than hang around the edge not "wake up" and drop into it on the last day!  :tu:

Souness Must Go????

Oh please!

Would having Todd and Short, available have made a difference to Souness' "performance" on Saturday?

Or even Ferguson, Flitcroft, Amoruso, Thompson, Reid, Mahon, a fully fit Jansen

Now financial restrictions mean we have a small squad, we cant afford to lose this many first team players.  I'd expect many other managers would be struggling as well.

I know he didn't mean it literally, but still it's not a good thing to hear really is it, I am becoming worried about the man, and the club, So what if we did drop into the bottom 3, the players can wake up all they like, wouldn't make a difference if the teams around us also woke up.

NATIONWIDE HERE WE COME, BUT THIS TIME WE ARE BOOKED IN FOR A LONGER STAY.  :(

I know he didn't mean it literally, but still it's not a good thing to hear really is it, I am becoming worried about the man, and the club, So what if we did drop into the bottom 3, the players can wake up all they like, wouldn't make a difference if the teams around us also woke up.

NATIONWIDE HERE WE COME, BUT THIS TIME WE ARE BOOKED IN FOR A LONGER STAY.  :(

Yes but the point he is making is we have better players than the teams sround us if only they woke up! and others would be powerless to stop a fully awake rovers team!  :D

I mean spurs woke up and look at them! but i am sure they will relax and fall  :sleep:  in a minute or two...

Dunno if anyone saw Sky's Monday night roundup tonight, but the Liverpool fan on the panel - in the face of far more media pressure and general "hype" than we get - made a fantastic point that I think is relevant to Souness here as well.

The point being that Houllier almost made his own job a poisoned chalice by winning the three cups then having a run in the Champs League - it was built up as the new Liverpool and things would be back to the 70s and 80s.

Now things aren't, Houllier is taking the flak and he probably doesn't deserve it.  Just like Souness doesn't deserve it.

Contrast that with Curbishley at Charlton.  Popular with the media, with fans (their own and in general) but he's never won anything (except a penalty shootout play off v Sunderland).

Charlton are now a bigger club (support wise) than Rovers.  And they're in London.  You'd never know it though.  Curbishley has never exceeded anyones hopes or fulfilled anyones dreams, and has never been near Cardiff - or Europe.

Souness and Houllier have made themselves targets by winning.  Wenger and Ferguson are always on the verge of winning, and Ranieri has joined them (and is great entertainment).  No other manager in the Prem has done sh!t.  Check the list.

Yes but the point he is making is we have better players than the teams sround us if only they woke up! and others would be powerless to stop a fully awake rovers team!  

Absolute rubbish, if anyone actually believes that they need help. There is no way if were as good as you believe we could be so consistantly bad, most Rovers fans made the mistake of believing we could do as well as last season, sadly it was never going to happen, when we sell Duff and Dunn and replace with Reid,Emerton and Baggio.

Charlton can't be much bigger, a few extra thousand fans which is not difficult to beat Blackburn on, but it's a district that is surrounded by Crystal Palace, Millwall  etc. and  really you would find due to London being so accessible that allot of this surrounding area support Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc. more North London teams minutes away.

What i'm trying to say is Charlton are not very *fashionable*, don't have much of a recent history, therefore maybe a slightly bigger fan base but not a bigger name then Blackburn.

Other then people that live in that district, you will not see kids from Croydon wearing Charlton shirts :)

if i lived in London i would support a big team like everyone else in London that does not directly live in a district.

Charlton can't be much bigger, a few extra thousand fans which is not difficult to beat Blackburn on, but it's a district that is surrounded by Crystal Palace, Millwall  etc. and  really you would find due to London being so accessible that allot of this surrounding area support Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc. more North London teams minutes away.

What i'm trying to say is Charlton are not very *fashionable*, don't have much of a recent history, therefore maybe a slightly bigger fan base but not a bigger name then Blackburn.

Other then people that live in that district, you will not see kids from Croydon wearing Charlton shirts :)

if i lived in London i would support a big team like everyone else in London that does not directly live in a district.

They're about to apply for planning permission to increase ground capacity at the Valley by another 10,000 which will take them to roughly the same as Liverpool, Everton Chelsea and Arsenal.  Beyond Spurs and West Ham - suddenly football in London looks very different.

Charlton are running an aggressive marketing campaign down the railway line to places like Rainham and Gillingham in Kent.  Direct and regular trains to Premiership football, and 5 mins from the station to the ground.  Massive - and rich - population in that corner of England.  Attractive to families because there's no history of trouble unlike any other London club.  Cheapest tickets in the Premier League (and cheaper than Millwall and QPR who evolve in far less fashionable circles).

Charlton are on an absolute winner, within 10 years will be up there with Arsenal.  And Chelsea if the Russian hangs in there.

Look at their recent history, they almost went out of business in the 80's and struggled to attract 10k to wembley for the full members cup final in 87.

We could learn allot from what Charlton have achieved.

They're about to apply for planning permission to increase ground capacity at the Valley by another 10,000 which will take them to roughly the same as Liverpool, Everton Chelsea and Arsenal.  Beyond Spurs and West Ham - suddenly football in London looks very different.

Charlton are running an aggressive marketing campaign down the railway line to places like Rainham and Gillingham in Kent.  Direct and regular trains to Premiership football, and 5 mins from the station to the ground.  Massive - and rich - population in that corner of England.  Attractive to families because there's no history of trouble unlike any other London club.  Cheapest tickets in the Premier League (and cheaper than Millwall and QPR who evolve in far less fashionable circles).

Charlton are on an absolute winner, within 10 years will be up there with Arsenal.  And Chelsea if the Russian hangs in there.

I wouldn't say North Kent is rich; in fact parts of it are downright poor and it is a horrible flat, ugly area best passed through with the carriage blinds closed on the way to the South of France.

Good club though, better than their poxy sarf London neighbours Palace. Their success in attracting supporters has been at the expense of Gillingham, who resent seeing their local kids tripping off to the Valley each week (sound familiar?).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.