Rugby world cup final

Blueboy Downunder

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen the replay today?.........

Glad to see you've got over it. Shame it doesn't win you anything though.

The Cook Cup for all its worth. Or do we have to put up with, "Its only a friendly" talk again. wink.gif

Anyway, wasn't expecting that at all.

It's funny how two countrys so close can be so different. We have just had a few games against the All Blacks and also currently playing them at cricket. In both cases the games were played in great spirit by and large and one noticeable factor was the atmosphere between the players. Sadly whoever the Aussies play it always descends into a slagging match simply because of the attitude.

I'm sure you lot must of have been sent over by the French and not us.

It's funny how two countrys so close can be so different. We have just had a few games against the All Blacks and also currently playing them at cricket. In both cases the games were played in great spirit by and large and one noticeable factor was the atmosphere between the players. Sadly whoever the Aussies play it always descends into a slagging match simply because of the attitude.

Well you ought to remember that the All Blacks have reported Woodward to the IRB.

They took exception to his post match comments after the Second Test..he wasn't speaking in French but he obviously upset them.

This game was played with "great spirit", and the teams after the game showed great camaraderie in the sport they play. Watch the post game handshakes.

Attitude???? The K1W1's I know were all giving it.

I was born in Blackburn as well!

It's funny how two countrys so close can be so different.  We have just had a few games against the All Blacks and also currently playing them at cricket.  In both cases the games were played in great spirit by and large and one noticeable factor was the atmosphere between the players.  Sadly whoever the Aussies play it always descends into a slagging match simply because of the attitude.

Well you ought to remember that the All Blacks have reported Woodward to the IRB.

They took exception to his post match comments after the Second Test..he wasn't speaking in French but he obviously upset them.

Both Woodward and Jones are as bad as eachother.

There were no excuses as you were the better team. Gregan was fairly gracious in his post match comments but also true in saying how tired they are as it's the end of our season. The game at Twickenham will be interesting as Gregan admitted.

I know you were born in Blackburn Dave it was a joke. However if you have changed your allegiance then you must be a bit of a Norman Tebbitt fan.

Steb, you're only as good as your last match......

You bring the best you've got......

Must admit that the England captain offered no excuses after the game.

As good as your last match?

Well thats now five losses in six games including Scotland and France.

Best get the first team back sooner rather than later ohmy.gif

time for this to be flick passed to the ICBINF side.

Manc Blue, I've lived here for far too long to think like an English person. So I feel that I can "change" my allegiences.

Who on earth is Norm Tebbitt? A pollie, probably?

time for this to be flick passed to the ICBINF side.

Manc Blue, I've lived here for far too long to think like an English person. So I feel that I can "change" my allegiences.

Who on earth is Norm Tebbitt? A pollie, probably?

Norman Tebbitt was an MP who famously had a go at people who had emigrated here but still followed their country of origin.

.... but it was Australia beating England.......... again.......

Again?

First time in six matches actually.

For someone born in Blackburn, a Lancastrian and an Englishman, you are are a disgrace to your country.

England do need to develope an alternate game plan without wilkinson.

clive coming out in the press saying that england would have won the wc without him is one of the more ridiculous comments ive heard

.... but it was Australia beating England.......... again.......

Again?

First time in six matches actually.

For someone born in Blackburn, a Lancastrian and an Englishman, you are are a disgrace to your country.

Jim.

Stop being a goose.

Let's be honest. Can any Australian say hand on heart that they beat England's best team? Saying you can only beat whom you play is a stupid argument as obviously if you play England reserves you still can only beat England reserves.

What have been the results between the two countries when the match has been a major full-strength contest between two sides? I'm sorry but a win over a ragtag bunch at the end of a long, long, long, long season proves nothing.

For once in a blue moon England come out on top...and no sour grapes from 'Aussies' (speaking in Lanky twang) can take away that just now...

Let's be honest. Can any Australian say hand on heart that they beat England's best team? Saying you can only beat whom you play is a stupid argument as obviously if you play England reserves you still can only beat England reserves.

I don’t think Australian fans are dancing in the streets, organising ticker-tape parades or organising a knighthood for Eddie Jones just yet, but getting a win against England is always that much sweeter. As for the “you can only beat the team play argument”, are you suggesting that Australia take it easy because they were playing an under-strength team?

What have been the results between the two countries when the match has been a major full-strength contest between two sides?

One World Cup final won each (Australia in 1991 and England in 2003) and I know that England defeated Australia in the quarter finals at the ’95 World Cup. Not too sure if they played against each other at the ’99 World Cup.

I'm sorry but a win over a ragtag bunch at the end of a long, long, long, long season proves nothing.

So Australian fans can use the same excuse if Australia loses on the tour of England at the end of our long season? dry.gif

If I was an English fan I'd be more concerned that they had easily more possession than Australia but couldn’t do anything with the ball and the fact that without Wilkinson England have lost two games against New Zealand, one game against Australia and the six nations title.

For once in a blue moon England come out on top...and no sour grapes from 'Aussies' (speaking in Lanky twang) can take away that just now...

Don't assume that all the Aussie on the MB have Lanky accents, there's some of us here who weren't born in the UK.

Blah Blah blah...no Wilkinson...Blah blah blah. Blah blah one man team...blah blah blah. Blah blah...rubbish without Wilko...blah blah blah.

With none of the tight 5 that won the world cup playing against you, no Grayson, no Greenwood, no Wilkinson and far more importantly no Robinson playing against you, then I would have hoped that a full strength Australian side would have won and won comfortably.

An opportunity for younger players such as Voyce and Hodgson to get experience and for the coach to have a look at out 5th and 6th choice props in action.

The thing about the rock breakers is that they were very magnaminous in defeat, but as ever are objectionable in victory. Is it possible that they are just bad winners?

Just remember, my light fingered friends, when it mattered England produced and accordingly will be world champions for at least another three years. rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.