SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby world cup final

Blueboy Downunder

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me if an accident happened to Jonny Wilkinson between now and Saturday. If he does manage to start the game watch for him being stretchered off after 5 minutes.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be cheering our English boys on;in front of the telly.

come on folks everyone get behind jonno and the boys and all switch on at 9am on saturday morning. i am hoping that we can give the aussies and especially sydney rovers something to cry for 12 months......"COME ON BOYS"

ROVERS FOREVER

I'm surprised your'e NOT supporting the convicts.

I thought you'd have some allegiance to the Bruce's and Sheila's :oops:

As I posted in ICBINF

Well someone made me watch the game on Sunday morning, the first time I've been persuaded that catching up on sleep deprivation was not more worthwhile than watching a load of puffs in tight tops boot an oval from one end of a field to the other.

I still managed to sneak some shuteye in the second half and missed an out-line or something, but to be honest it was no great loss.

Why is there a world cup in it ?  Quite beyond me ...

and

It appears that new Labour have an even lower opinion of rugby union than I have.

The Sports Minister, Richard Caborn, is out in Sydney doing his job - furthering British interests in sport with eg the International Olympic Committee members.  With England in the final he has the perfect platform to do just that.

But new Labour, scared of losing a commons vote on foundation hospitals this Thursday, have recalled him to London to vote !!!  So there will be no British government representation at the World Cup Final !

If this wasn't pathetic and embarrasing it would be funny - any other country would be mish-mashing schedules and looking at sending the PM or President to Sydney ... we do the opposite and appear to be leaving the diplomatic bit to Prince Harry in his England top.

You can't be serious!!

Although I agree that Rugby is no where near as good as football.. its great to watch, for christs sake its a world cup and one that England have a realistic chance of winning!

Get up early get on the beer and shout the lads on!

:rover:  :rover:  :rover:

come on folks everyone get behind jonno and the boys and all switch on at 9am on saturday morning. i am hoping that we can give the aussies and especially sydney rovers something to cry for 12 months......"COME ON BOYS"

ROVERS FOREVER

no chance lonibom. born in england and although spending nearly 13 years in australia has never made me not support my home land in favour of the skips!

p.s. lonibom a little less of the smart arse comments regarding bruces and sheilas :D

ROVERS FOREVER

Went out on the lash last night in Leeds and there was the whole Austrailian Rugby League team in this club we were in. I was speaking to one of them and he were boasting on how over there they get paid about £70K + a week.

I bet they still have to drink their own wee through a sock though.

Bunch of nutters.

Although to be fair, I don't mind league, it's union I can't stand.

Grimshaw

3rd Division

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't be serious!!

Although I agree that Rugby is no where near as good as football.. its great to watch, for christs sake its a world cup and one that England have a realistic chance of winning!

Easy now.  Its just our opinion  :razz:

Get up early get on the beer and shout the lads on!

:rover:  :rover:  :rover:

I'm doing precisely that - up at half five, 7 o clock train to Manchester, (beer) and shouting the lads on at Old Trafford for lunch

ROVERS FOREVER

no chance lonibom. born in england and although spending nearly 13 years in australia has never made me not support my home land in favour of the skips!

p.s. lonibom a little less of the smart arse comments regarding bruces and sheilas :D

ROVERS FOREVER

Good for you Blueboy: a refreshing change from the other traitorous, turncoat ex-pats on here. Personally, I wouldn't support an Australian in a game of tiddlywinks.

All we can hope for Saturday is that Good overcomes Evil.

Everyone knows that God is an Englishman so I am sure he will be smiling on the glorious boys in white.

Having said that, rugby really is a pile of doo-dah. After this tournament it will return to its rightful place on the inside sports pages while the national game reasserts its superiority.

I dont have a clue about rugby.  I have tried watching some games over the world cup but it just escapes me.  

My local pub is charging people £10 to get in and watch it - my guess is that the pub will be empty

Unfortunately ITV have missed a real chance to improve their own viewing figures and the public image of rugby in this country.

A lot of people wont watch rugby because if you dont know how it is played then it just looks like a load of blokes jumping on/running into each other. If they had put a few programmes about the rules of the game and history behind it on before or during the early stages of the tournament then I think more people would be able to appreciate it.

I'm also on the early train to Manc on Sat for a World Cup breakfast followed by a 3 point lunch.

Went out on the lash last night in Leeds and there was the whole Austrailian Rugby League team in this club we were in. I was speaking to one of them and he were boasting on how over there they get paid about £70K + a week.

They probably meant 70 grand in Aussie dollars.

That's about 9 quid 50 in real money

Rolling in to Manchester Piccadily from Liverpool at 8:40.

Straight to the pub for breakfast consisting of several pints of english beer, followed by a rendition of swing low sweet chariot and cheering the boys on to world cup glory.

Then on to Old Trafford, probably/hopefully very drunk by then, to watch/suffer Rovers against United cos I think we shall be in trouble.

he were boasting on how over there they get paid about £70K + a week.

I severly doubt that somehow...

Apparantly they do get paid more than our footballers over here.

Jordan....can you remember what his name was?

having lived out there for 12 years i can tell you that if they did get paid what our footy players get then there would be no such thing as the australian rugby league. even at $70k per week (and not pounds)....i tell you matey no chance the league would be bankrupt. the top players in the league earn about about $400,000k per year...he took the @#/? out of you mate.

ROVERS FOREVER

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.