BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Ron Forced To Resign

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel Desailly says he hasn't forgiven Atkinson for his comments in Monaco.

He also reveals that he hasn't yet had a written apology from Big Ron....

Apology AESF? What for? Granted the terminology could have been better matbe but which bit of Ron's well documented outburst toward Desailly was untrue?

Has the flippin lazy-arsed coloured chappie reimbursed Chelsea out of his own pocket for last season when by his own admission he never ever gave 100% effort and commitment to the team?

Oh..... and has he actually apologised for his cowardly assault on Morientes?

Edited by thenodrog

..He also reveals that he hasn't yet had a written apology from Big Ron....

Apology AESF? What for? Which bit of Ron's well documented outburst was untrue?

So it's OK to call someone a nigger then.

I'm glad we sorted that one out.

So what Ron should say is

"Marcel. I now realise (after reading the Rovers board) that it is obviously deeply insulting to refer to you and millions of others like you as nigger / black / negro / coloured and that the mere mention of your skin colour is deeply embarrassing for you and constitutes some kind of offence in our enlightened society.

I am old and was brought up in different times. I remember the time when people were rightly proud of their ethnic origins but I guess its not like that anymore is it?

I realise that I have offended you through my inappropriate choice of words, but for the life of me I cannot really understand why. Unless the reason is how absolutely awful being your colour must be and how you and all others must all wish that you could change and be as white as Michael Jackson. So once again, sorry mate you really do have my profound sympathy and I shall promise never ever to mention your embarrassing skin colour ever again."

There is that better Jim? withstupid.gif Cos imo thats how ridiculous and tiresome this entire issue has become! mad.gif

So what Ron should say is

"Marcel. I now realise (after reading the Rovers board) that it is obviously deeply insulting to refer to you and millions of others like you as nigger / black / negro / coloured and that the mere mention of your skin colour is deeply embarrassing for you and constitutes some kind of offence in our enlightened society.

I am old and was brought up in different times. I remember the time when people were rightly proud of their ethnic origins but I guess its not like that anymore is it?

I realise that I have offended you through my inappropriate choice of words, but for the life of me I cannot really understand why. Unless the reason is how absolutely awful being your colour must be and how you and all others must all wish that you could change and be as white as Michael Jackson. So once again, sorry mate you really do have my profound sympathy and I shall promise never ever to mention your embarrassing skin colour ever again."

There is that better Jim? withstupid.gif Cos imo thats how ridiculous and tiresome this entire issue has become! mad.gif

what point are you making thenenrog, that we are not free too use racial insults? why should ron apologise for using the words / black / negro / coloured ,they are not offensive and he didn't use them anyway.

whether or not the quote in the mirror is accurate i don't know but if you look on the skysorts site desailly says he feels sorry for ron and accepts it was a mistake.

Edited by hanks

Indeed.

If calling a black guy 'nigger' isn't worthy of an apology then I don't know what is? rolleyes.gif

Well what about murder, genocide, killing somebody's relative through careless/ bad driving, announcing redundancy, paedophilia, friendly fire, any kind of accidental damage / loss / grief caused to another etc etc. Come on Rovermatt you really must try to get a better grasp of reality than you currently appear to possess.

Anyway back to the subject matter. What about deliberately elbowing an opponent perhaps? I know which I would rather be the victim of.

Cos imo thats how ridiculous and tiresome this entire issue has become!  mad.gif

If its that tiresome an issue why have you posted 18 times in this thread???

You're probably right Ricky! I think that I must be turning into a right sad barsteward!

Next thing I'll prob be that sad that I'll end up aimlessly counting other peoples posts! tongue.gif

Indeed.

If calling a black guy 'nigger' isn't worthy of an apology then I don't know what is? rolleyes.gif

Well what about murder, genocide, killing somebody's relative through careless/ bad driving, announcing redundancy, paedophilia, friendly fire, any kind of accidental damage / loss / grief caused to another etc etc. Come on Rovermatt you really must try to get a better grasp of reality than you currently appear to possess.

Anyway back to the subject matter. What about deliberately elbowing an opponent perhaps? I know which I would rather be the victim of.

If words did not have the power to hurt and wound they wouldn't be much use would they? Mike Newell has got all in a flutter recently over words about him....

Here are some words that can hurt....

Is it in yet?

Yes, your bum does look big in that.

Burnley have announced their new manager...Kenny Dalglish.

Blackburn Rovers are said to be interested in Emile Heskey.

I've been faking them for years...

We're all out of Guinness......

Rovers plan to make the Markus Babbel deal permanent....

I wouldn't mind an elbow after that lot, anything to lose conciousness!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Indeed.

I didn't say thzzzzzzzz

But your comment on catching a grip of reality is spot on.

Worth a read on the nigger debate.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml%3Fi=20020304&s=hitchens

Interesting that the word Tory used to be seen as malicious but has since become an accepted part of the language. It's still a swear word in our household.

Typical dinner party , liberal crap talk from C Hitchens .

What struck me about this "alleged" incident was that the nig... sorry , coloured person , felt empowered enough to get out of his car and hurl grossly offensive (to some) insults at the two white blokes confident in the knowledge , I suspect , that the colour of his skin would deter him from getting a thoroughly deserved kicking.

I wonder if it all would have ended so peacefully if a white bloke would have been the one insulting two blacks ..... ph34r.gif

Worth a read on the nigger debate.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml%3Fi=20020304&s=hitchens

Interesting that the word Tory used to be seen as malicious but has since become an accepted part of the language. It's still a swear word in our household.

Typical dinner party , liberal crap talk from C Hitchens .

What struck me about this "alleged" incident was that the nig... sorry , coloured person , felt empowered enough to get out of his car and hurl grossly offensive (to some) insults at the two white blokes confident in the knowledge , I suspect , that the colour of his skin would deter him from getting a thoroughly deserved kicking.

I wonder if it all would have ended so peacefully if a white bloke would have been the one insulting two blacks ..... ph34r.gif

Did you honestly read or are you just taking michael.

Where do you get your suspicion that the black bloke was confident he wouldn't get a kicking? As for the grossly offensive terms he hurled, how many people have been persecuted for being a 'honky'? The whole point being it's not insulting as there is no stigma, no slur and most importantly no history attached.

You know fine well all this but as it doesn't suit you smart-arsed anti-liberal stance then you kindly ignore it. As per usual.

Although I have been a regular reader of this messageboard for around six years, this is my first post. I have enjoyed a real mixture of emotions over this period, sometimes agreeing and sometimes disagreeing with the posts - some humorous (Abbey for example), some designed to provoke (CC, Gareth the Claret, Ranulf) some more cerebral (philipl). But I have never been quite so depressed as when reading some of the messages on this thread. The arguments have been pretty well flogged to death by now, but how so many people can still appear as apologists for the racist tirade (and the feeling behind it) of that clown Atkinson is quite frankly sickening.

Although I have been a regular reader of this messageboard for around six years, this is my first post. I have enjoyed a real mixture of emotions over this period, sometimes agreeing and sometimes disagreeing with the posts - some humorous (Abbey for example), some designed to provoke (CC, Gareth the Claret, Ranulf) some more cerebral (philipl). But I have never been quite so depressed as when reading some of the messages on this thread. The arguments have been pretty well flogged to death by now, but how so many people can still appear as apologists for the racist tirade (and the feeling behind it) of that clown Atkinson is quite frankly sickening.

After six years a worthy and valid first post and no mistake 'blue jim'........

..........I must remember to look out for your second in 2010! smile.gif

I agree with everything you say Mr. BlueJim!!

It may have been a long time coming but your post is by far the best I have read here in a very long time.

Hoorah!!

Excellent post. Have to agree with you completely, hope you don't wait so long for your next post.

rolleyes.gif

Oh come on Phil, do you really believe that? Not every black person is hiding behind the veil of liberal 'dinner party' politics. Believe it or not, most are simply trying to get on with their lives in a society that is becoming increasingly suspicious and intolerant of any sort of multi-cultural existence.

Edited by Rovermatt

Believe it or not, most are simply trying to get on with their lives in a society that is becoming increasingly suspicious and intolerant of any sort of multi-cultural existence.

Do you really believe that Matt? If so and in these days of the 'Global Village' what are your reasons for thinking that society is moving that way?

imo with all the intrinsic political correctness in todays UK society and all the anti- racism, anti-facism, etc efforts by the authorities/media/press etc compared to my formative years society should surely be moving in the other direction.

Ahh... Maybe you should arrange for a big internet love- in with all the other soppy wimps , jim .

Pass the sick bag.... laugh.gif

Jimmy Hill has caused a bit of a stir today in an interview he's given to the Independent.

Hill claims that saying the word nigger can be "funny".

I don't agree with those views, and I don't condone the 'N' word myself.

Jimmy though says that "nigger" is all part and parcel of the language of the football field.

Link to that story in the Independent below at:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/ne...sp?story=520725

Hill, who comes from a family of Jewish immigrants, previously made the headlines a couple of years ago when he campaigned against an asylum seeker centre being built near where he lives.

The former Coventry Chairman and BBC pundit said that although he welcomes genuine refugees fleeing from persecution, there was a danger that Britain is now becoming "swamped" with bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.