BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Ron Forced To Resign

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jimmy hill has always displayed an ability to open his mouth before engaging his brain, remember when he blamed one of our ball girls for costing us a goal in the cup against liverpool [ when super atko scored the o g ]

he publicly slaughtered her in front of the MOD audience for throwing the ball in too quickly

Edited by hanks

• 4 months later...

Interesting that the word Tory used to be seen as malicious but has since become an accepted part of the language. It's still a swear word in our household.

Only just read this.....Sorry but I'd really hate to have to knowingly admit to such blinkered political thinking. ph34r.gif How the flerk can anybody supposedly with intelligence align themselves to any of our political parties? You really do not do yourself justice with such a 'conservative' political mindset Jim. 'Let the scales fall from thine eyes' cock.

Thank God that I for one, can continue to keep an open (albeit jaundiced)mindset.

Edited by thenodrog

Interesting that the word Tory used to be seen as malicious but has since become an accepted part of the language. It's still a swear word in our household.

Only just read this.....Sorry but I'd really hate to have to knowingly admit to such blinkered political thinking. ph34r.gif How the flerk can anybody supposedly with intelligence align themselves to any of our political parties? You really do not do yourself justice with such a 'conservative' political mindset Jim. 'Let the scales fall from thine eyes' cock.

Thank God that I for one, can continue to keep an open (albeit jaundiced)mindset.

Theno, if yours is an open mind then thank god mines closed.

Theno, if yours is an open mind then thank god mines closed.

Amen to that

Atkinson called Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly a "###### lazy, thick nigger"

Now if anyone wants to justify that, feel free.

Ian Wright was on Radio Five earlier this evening where he described ocassions where Atkinson made similar "joke" comments to him and Garth Crooks.

Atkinson said that he said he had only made them in jest, but continued to make them and ignored the insult that it caused.

comment

Ian Wight sticking his oar in now lol ph34r.gif

Now if anyone wants to justify that, feel free.

Ian Wright was on Radio Five earlier this evening where he described ocassions where Atkinson made similar  "joke" comments to him and Garth Crooks.

Atkinson said that he said he had only made them in jest, but continued to make them and ignored the insult that it caused.

comment

Ian Wight sticking his oar in now lol ph34r.gif

I know its Ian Wright, its a play on words biggrin.gif

I won't attempt to justify it Colin cos it's a bit ago now and my memory of this is somewhat vague. But which bit of that description carried the greatest inaccuracy and insult? I'm no expert on what is or what isn't deemed 'pc' nowadays but if it were me it'd be in descending order from the front.

Language is a slippery customer. Either ors in this case are simplistic; as are the posturings of liberal sensibilities on the one hand or the 'political correctness run mad, what's it all coming to' brigade on the other.

A few observations:-

1.People often say things that they don't mean or really believe

2.Use the above phrase but insert different words

"###### lazy, thick jew"

"###### lazy, thick paddy/mick"

"###### lazy, thick Englishman"

"###### lazy, thick bitch"

"###### lazy, thick honkey"

"###### lazy, thick paki"

3.There are degrees of outrage/offence at any given moment or context.

4. Words are more than just sounds or marks on a page - they can be loaded, political weapons and clearly carry cultural capital.

5. Big Ron delights us all with his footy jargon; he should realise equally the power to offend.

6. Big Ron is certainly not a racist. Actions speak louder than words.

7. As a public figure, Big Ron could clearly not be seen to keep his job, given the circumstances.

Some groups of people understimate the power of language to enshrine, reinforce and establish social attitudes.

Some groups of people underestimate the power of people to be robust in their use of language.

I won't attempt to justify it Colin cos it's a bit ago now and my memory of this is somewhat vague. But which bit of that description carried the greatest inaccuracy and insult? I'm no expert on what is or what isn't deemed 'pc' nowadays but if it were me it'd be in descending order from the front.

Thanks American for digging this up wink.gif

Theno,

It's all insulting.

Just as it would be if some one described you or me as "a ###### lazy thick white ######."

I hope that filter works........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.