BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

Sorry to disagree with you again ptholt but you're wrong France & Holland don't have hooligan problems, neither does Germany. It's all a myth. Only the English have a problem just ask soueyisgod he'll tell you, he knows it all.

Right ok manchesterblue, i must have imagined various scenes from Marseille fans (not world cup related i might add) or turkish fans from previous matches.

It was probably because i was beating up some locals when i was drunk there i'm sure someone will say..... unsure.gif

Soueyisgod – Your country is hosting a great tournament and from the Portuguese people which have been interviewed on television here all seem to be enjoying the atmosphere with the England fans.

Get out there and enjoy it.

He is in Spain!!

Not portugal!! tongue.gif

I live less than 3 kilometres from the faro-loule stadium, and yesterday spent the day at the beach with the wife and the kids, now who do you think were the loudest, rowdiest and most drunken people there?

The Spanish.

For a minute there I thought you were going to say your wife and kids! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (Only joking fella - as was Manchester Blue)

I live less than 3 kilometres from the faro-loule stadium, and yesterday spent the day at the beach with the wife and the kids, now who do you think were the loudest, rowdiest and most drunken people there?

The Spanish.

For a minute there I thought you were going to say your wife and kids! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (Only joking fella - as was Manchester Blue)

His wife and kids are Spanish. ohmy.gif

Your shoiwng just how naive you are again bob.

Aperantly, someone threw a gas bottle to a bus with some guys from a "Marcha".

Then, people reacted and blamed it on some english fans.

I still don't know who threw the bottle.

One english fan was arrested.

In algarve stadium, 6 people were arrested. 2 russians for assualting police. one scotish, 2 spanish and 1 romanian for selling tickets!!

@ptholt: reputation is a bitch!!

In italy there are lots of problems with hooligans.

Here we have a few.

Edited by Oklahoma

Seems to me it would be very valuable if any board members in Portugal could report what they really do see. This would give us all a balanced view of the atmosphere around Euro 2004, lets face it we are NOT going to receive a balanced view from the media in general.

Maybe the Spanish have been the rowdiest so far, but that's also related to the fact that they have played a game already. I think the number of English fans will increase throughout the day, and especially if England lose we'll see some trouble.

And playing it down and saying it was nothing etc. is just as bad as exaggerating.

Cheers soueyisgod - that saves me from buying the Daily Mail tomorrow. Hooligans, Binge Drinking, Pub Opening Hours - it's all there. Perhaps a paragraph on Asylum? A little verse on The Euro?

Exactly Bob ; if they didn't have the Euros , then they wouldn't be able to buy the booze . Simple smile.gif

Soueyisgod – Your country is hosting a great tournament and from the Portuguese people which have been interviewed on television here all seem to be enjoying the atmosphere with the England fans.

Get out there and enjoy it.

He is in Spain!!

Not portugal!! tongue.gif

My apologies to him then.

However it doesn’t help when he tries to create something which is over the top.

The local people in Lisbon have said that they have enjoyed the friendly atmosphere with the English fans and the English fans there have said they have enjoyed the warm welcome that’s greeted with them.

If the locals mix with the English and vice versa, everyone has a good time together.

Seems some are looking for the tiniest bit of trouble to make it sound terrible.

It is sad that the minority of England fans get in needless trouble but it is also sad when people create trouble for the sake of it.

all this talk of english fans being thugs just winds me up

we are being victimised no doubt about it, total scapegoats. for example the practice riots used "actors" with england colours and shirts

fair enough some of those riot scenes in the past were unacceptable, but i feel that because of our reputation any other country's fans could aim to wind us up just to cause bother

and im not meaning to sound sympathetic, but in euro 2000 did we really do soo much damage, i dont recall anyone dying (i might be wrong)

and just to gain an additional point of view, a friend of mine went to the san siro to watch newcastle vs inter, they had flares thrown into their enclosure, bottles, cans, coins, and even a moped were also launched

the thing is this type of thing happens all the time!

in summery i wish our fans behave and realise they represent our nation, lets hope they and our team do us proud

Sorry to disagree with you again  ptholt but you're wrong France & Holland don't have hooligan problems, neither does Germany.  It's all a myth.  Only the English have a problem just ask soueyisgod he'll tell you, he knows it all.

Right ok manchesterblue, i must have imagined various scenes from Marseille fans (not world cup related i might add) or turkish fans from previous matches.

It was probably because i was beating up some locals when i was drunk there i'm sure someone will say..... unsure.gif

Now you're getting the idea. When you see fans in Spain, France etc throwing missiles etc, or hear of fans in Italy rioting, just remember it's not true, only the English cause trouble. wink.gif

Maybe the Spanish have been the rowdiest so far, but that's also related to the fact that they have played a game already. I think the number of English fans will increase throughout the day, and especially if England lose we'll see some trouble.

And playing it down and saying it was nothing etc. is just as bad as exaggerating.

To be fair the Spanish were the rowdiest but probably due to several factors at the time -

1. they were the largest numbers present.

2. its a 40 minute drive from the Spanish border to where there first game was being played so lots of them came over.

3. it was right before there match (i was at the nearest beach from 12-4:30 yesterday.

There was a large police preseence (by local standards) but nothing really kicked off at all.

I was also at the airport yesterday at Faro picking up a gire car with friends who are over, fans from every nationality were present and didnt see a single ounce of trouble there either.

Unfortunately for us English as pointed out earlier we are tarred with a certain reputation and any slightest piece of news that anything untoward has happened means the media generally leaps on it from a great height.

we are being victimised no doubt about it, total scapegoats. for example the practice riots used "actors" with england colours and shirts

Wrong.

They wore mostly Benfica shirt.

Edited by Oklahoma

and im not meaning to sound sympathetic, but in euro 2000 did we really do soo much damage, i dont recall anyone dying (i might be wrong)

It's OK to cause trouble and injure people as long as you don't kill them thumbs-up.gif So don't worry, English fans hardly ever do anything wrong.

His wife and kids are Spanish.  ohmy.gif 

Your shoiwng just how naive you are again bob.

Call me naive but I can't keep up with this at all. soueyisgod is English but lives in Spain but is seeing all these "hooligans" whilst he is in Portugal and not drinking heavily? ptholt is from England, once lived near Glasgow, but now lives in Portugal with his wife and children who are Spanish? Meanwhile the worst offenders to date of Euro 2004 (gosh it's exciting - let's see who has the most arrests at the end of the tournament) are the Spanish. How the hell can I comment on any of this from Blackburn, which I think is in England?

Call me naive but I can't keep up with this at all. soueyisgod is English but lives in Spain but is seeing all these "hooligans" whilst he is in Portugal and not drinking heavily? ptholt is from England, once lived near Glasgow, but now lives in Portugal with his wife and children who are Spanish? Meanwhile the worst offenders to date of Euro 2004 (gosh it's exciting - let's see who has the most arrests at the end of the tournament) are the Spanish. How the hell can I comment on any of this from Blackburn, which I think is in England?

I wouldnt say worst offenders, makes it sound like something was kicking off, but they were the most rowdy and 'enthusiastic' bunch ive come across so far.

how is the weather in sunny Blackburn btw? wink.gif

oh by the way you have forgotten tomention the 23 german and holland fans arrested for fighting, six spanish and 3 italian for misdemeaniours whilst drunk !

You dont work for the English media do you ?

30-40k England fans and 6 or 7 get arrested and then 4 released without charge ! That makes it a full scale battle does it ?

In preston or blackburn last night there were probably 2-3k people out having a fun night out, I can bet your bottom dollar that there would have been in excess of say 40 arrested for public order/assaults and whatever other offences may have come to light.

Dont be so bloody melodramatic when mentioning England fans and fighting.

We all know its a problem but please 6 out of upto 40k ? now thats a real percentage aint it !

get over it you never know the England fans may well just surprise the world cause if you read the press and your in the know you will realise that over 350 potential trouble makers are NOT in the country they area t home bound by bail conditions and a lack of passports.

Its that minority that cause the trouble, I know cause I was there at Charlaroi and witnessed it first hand mad.gif

how is the weather in sunny Blackburn btw? wink.gif

Your not going to believe this but it's really sunny. It's getting a bit cloudier as the day draws on though but we should be OK. A real nice summery feel to the place, tempered only slightly by the fact that the pubs shut at 10.30 this evening and I've got work tomorrow - I'm confident of avoiding arrest though wink.giflaugh.gif

Wrong.

i didnt say they mostly wore benfica shirts, i said they wore england gear, which they did, or at least some of them did

bob me old mucker

you need to get into a members club or somethign cause ours is open till 1130 pm !!! (members only of course !) tinykit.gif  biggrin.gif

Ah yes - but you're in Leyland. I'll settle for an hour less ale thanks. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Wrong.

i didnt say they mostly wore benfica shirts, i said they wore england gear, which they did, or at least some of them did

Benfica and england colurs are the same tongue.gif

I saw images of most simulations and they wore benfica shirts and other portuguese clubs too.

England were just a few.

Wrong.

You said they wore England shirts, he said they wore Benfica. So he never said that you said that they wore mostly Benfica shirts.

follow? wink.gif

Just an interesting little snippet, local Algarve radio kiss fm is reporting that there own reporter witnessed a 'scene' between the Spanish, Russian and Police last night, but was forcibly removed from the scene by the police and warned not to report on the incident itself, local press photographers also had to hand over film to the GNR (police) before being being ejected from the area.

One wonders if it would have been the same if England fans were involved......

OK, Bob, I think you have most of it, but forgot one important item: All English are drunken troublemakers who wear Beneficia jerseys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.