BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

One way to avoid this is for people to take individual responsibility for their actions and to stay away from trouble.

Spot on.

not always poss.eg maine rd 2/3 years ago.

my 1st stag do...1 minute id been stripped to bollockty buff the next all hell breaks loose .result 50 -100 kicking seven bells out of another whilst im still dancing stop dancing and get jumped on by 4/5 and end up loosing a tooth ,whilst pulling trolleys up.

Dear oh dear oh dear. Anyone watching Russia/Portugal?

A Russian 'hooligan' on the pitch trying to attack the ref due to their keeper being sent off?

Can you just imagine if he was English?!?! mad.gif

How much press will this incident get in the morning? rolleyes.gif

RUSSIAN FAN ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK REF....SUEYISMUPPET.....WILL BLAME THE ENGLISH.

WILL ANY MORE BE SAID BY THE UEFA LEADERS OR WILL IT BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET LIKE THE TURKS OR WILL THEY BLAME THE ENGLISH?

RUSSIAN FAN ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK REF....SUEYISMUPPET.....WILL BLAME THE ENGLISH.

WILL ANY MORE BE SAID BY THE UEFA LEADERS OR WILL IT BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET LIKE THE TURKS OR WILL THEY BLAME THE ENGLISH?

The @#/?s - apparently he was drinking with an English thug last night and he told him to do it! mad.gif

it wont even make the small print cause he aint ENGLISH mad.gif

Anyhow back to the topic

10 of the fans facing deportation have been in Portugal for 2 weeks and have NO tickets for football matches.

further to this one of them has been arrested and is one of the idiots who caused mayhem in Ireland when that game had to be abandoned and has been wanted ever since.

Serves him right, jail them NOW. leave them to rot whilst the true fans enjoy themselves rover.gif

well i shall tell you this for nothing...take either of that lot and put them on their own...no trouble at all, as they would not dream of it. stick them with a bunch of other lads that have been on the pop all day and they get brave as they know they have back up.....

btw...i have a day off work tomorrow and i shall be hammered before the game kicks-off huh.gif

Dear oh dear oh dear. Anyone watching Russia/Portugal?

A Russian 'hooligan' on the pitch trying to attack the ref due to their keeper being sent off?

Can you just imagine if he was English?!?! mad.gif

How much press will this incident get in the morning? rolleyes.gif

Probably quite a lot in Russia. withstupid.gif

Dear oh dear oh dear.  Anyone watching Russia/Portugal?

Can you just imagine if he was English?!?!  mad.gif

How much press will this incident get in the morning?  rolleyes.gif

Shush, don't shoot down his point! Then how else will we revel in the fact that somebody causing trouble wasn't actually English?

One way to avoid this is for people to take individual responsibility for their actions and to stay away from trouble.

Spot on.

That would be classed as wisdom Paul, and that usually only increases with age.

The minority of idiots always spoil things for the majority and tarnish events for the nation in general. Heavy, swingeing and lasting punishment for the guilty (and never mind what their parents / girlfriend / lawyer say through their crocodile tears on tele) of one form or another is the only deterrent. The real hard core dickheads would still get involved but they would be in the minority and much more easily identifiable and avoidable because they would attract far fewer hangers-on.

btw any press caught instigating violence in the interests of a 'good story' should be sacked and prosecuted, with their editors forced to do a Piers and the newspaper owners held ultimately responsible....but I dare say that that would never happen.

As an example of the kind of over the top garbage which has cropped up in the English media on a regular basis since the start of Euro 2004, consider this article in today's Guardian. I'm not trying to defend the actions of those drunken idiots whose behaviour has prompted the piece, but I do think it illustrates the sensationalist mentality currently being exhibited by broad sections of our national press.

As an example of the kind of over the top garbage which has cropped up in the English media on a regular basis since the start of Euro 2004, consider this article in today's Guardian. I'm not trying to defend the actions of those drunken idiots whose behaviour has prompted the piece, but I do think it illustrates the sensationalist mentality currently being exhibited by broad sections of our national press.

Typical anti-english Gaurdianista comments rolleyes.gif

A letter in the Metro (London Freebie) this morning claims that the first incident of footbal hooliganism recorded was in 1883 when a bunch of northerners terrorised the locals of Kennington at the Cup Final at the Oval. And the northerners were.... Blackburn Olympic.

So all of this is our fault...........nearly

A letter in the Metro (London Freebie) this morning claims that the first incident of footbal hooliganism recorded was in 1883 when a bunch of northerners terrorised the locals of Kennington at the Cup Final at the Oval. And the northerners were.... Blackburn Olympic.

So all of this is our fault...........nearly

Story was in another London rag Jimbo (The Pall Mall Gazette), must be fibs.

- A Sudanese Arab (from the Northern Horde of Uncouth Garb and Strange Oaths)

Actually it was anti-yob.

Strange you should equate English with yob.

did you actually read the article phillip, it's definately anti-english:

Conventional methods of deterrence can no longer be relied upon to protect ordinary citizens - be they in Bradford, Bletchley, or the package holiday resorts of Portugal and Greece - from this English disease

prime example there of anti-englishness. because violence doesn't exist in other countries rolleyes.gif

"Those, whether here or indeed in Portugal, that have engaged in disorder are a tiny minority of people," the prime minister told the House of Commons yesterday, as though it excused the nation from any collective responsibility for the scenes outside Albufeira's bars on Monday and Tuesday nights.

wtf - collective responsibility? i suppose that not only has the writer never heard of self-determination, he's also crying into his valium right now at the guilt of our sorry nation.

No, you're not.

Blaming the media is rubbish.

It's not the media's fault hundreds of lads get drunk and start fighting at 1am two nights running.

Sure they can sensationalise it, pay to get a good view, but they don't start the trouble, don't taunt the locals or police and don't develop into a glass and chair throwing mob at the drop of a hat.

The reason trouble (however small & localised) is at the top of the news agenda is for two reasons:

1.  We've seen this happen before and it has always escalated until there's at least one day of serious hooliganism before the tournament is over.

2.  The threat of expulsion is probably a real one and would be the major story of the tournament. If I was at the BBC, The Sun or the Guardian, I'd want to be on hand to report on it.

But that's a little harder than using the media or police as a scapegoat, isn't it?

Come out of your cocoon into the real world

In the real world, Englishmen are at it again at a major tournament bringing shame on their country and genuine supporters.

It doesn't matter if they're England fans or not, or make it less shameful that the trouble took place in a holiday resort miles from where England are playing.

But, in the real world, if there's serious trouble in or around the stadium on the day of an England match, don't be surprised if the England team is thrown out.

That threat has been real since 1998 in France.

It's not the players' fault, nor is it fair on decent fans or the TV watching public at home, but the precedent was set following Heysel and I'm sure UEFA will consider the same again.

after interviewing the uefa bloke, itv hatched a little conspiracy theory that england wouldn't get thrown out because they are a glamour team and bring in higher global tv ratings (due largely to the beckham brand) than any of the other teams in the tournament.

ITV also totally mis-reported the comments of the French UEFA official. Trevor MacDonald a serious TV journalists - PAH!!

The UEFA official made a clear distinction over the Algarve probelms. Fans causing problems 100s of Kms from a stadium, no matter how regretable, CANNOT be considered the responsibility of the FA. UEFA's concern being the behaviour of fans in and around the stadium on a match day. This, the official stated, would be a different matter.

ITV and Trevor "I'm God" MacDonald turned this into a headline and report based around "England threatened with expulsion if there should a be a third night of violence." This is national TV not the Sun or Mirror. A complete disgrace on ITV's part.

Dear oh dear oh dear.  Anyone watching Russia/Portugal?

Can you just imagine if he was English?!?!  mad.gif

How much press will this incident get in the morning?  rolleyes.gif

But hooliganism is 'the English disease' how dare a Russian try to get in on the act? Where's the calls to ban them from the tournament by all and sundry?

Where do these lies about possible expulsion come from? The head of Uefa has denied it...we will not be thrown out because of criminals! Why not throw the Portugese out? Are you telling me there were no murders in Portugal at all this year? Of course there were! So chuck the team out then, what's the problem?

I'm sick of people (be it the newspapers or TV) using the criminal activity of a few to threaten a whole nation with thoughts that their national side will be thrown out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.