BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ***rovers To Return To Bray***

Those time constraints must be a walk in the park compared to your escapades in Turkey Tris!

From what I remember from last year the weekend hotel prices in Dublin soar so we ended up staying the Friday night in a plush hotel in the Financial quarter - same price as the Comfort Inn.

I'll probably be up for it again though. Nice place, nice people.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there are any art galleries or museums in Bray?

I missed them last time.

laugh.gif

We visited the excellent Powerscourt gardens and stately home just prior to last years match. I could post you directions..... smile.gif .

For those that didn't get to Bray last year, and are sick of hearing people go on and on about it, well here is your chance.

By the way who says the fan's forum doesn't work! wink.gif

Last time most of us stayed in Dublin and caught the DART (local train service) down mid-afternoon (and the last DART back .... just). One or two stayed in Bray itself but I'd imagine it could get a little quiet.

Last time most of us stayed in Dublin and caught the DART (local train service) down mid-afternoon (and the last DART back .... just). One or two stayed in Bray itself but I'd imagine it could get a little quiet.

Once we have gone back to Dublin maybe smile.gif

We are booked on the blackpool flights. Manchester slightly more expensive for similar times.

Sources within the club have confirmed this, Lee however must be giving his mates an extra day or 2 to get their cheap flights. (Like last time, although I did take full advantage)

If anyone wants to really do this on the cheap, stay at the univ ersity for about 15 quid a night. Its only 4k outside the City centre.

They also book out whole apartments if anyones interested in doing something like that.

If anyone wants to really do this on the cheap, stay at the univ ersity for about 15 quid a night. Its only 4k outside the City centre.

They also book out whole apartments if anyones interested in doing something like that.

84 quid each, for flights and accomodation, stopping on Temple Bar.

Bargain smile.gif

Booked it, packed it........

Jordan, my Dad and Uncle Baz are going too, don't forget Colin Hendry! I think Uncle Baz liked him biggrin.gif

Jordan better be careful, he got a right kicking off that 10 year old leeds fan last time. smile.gif

FFS.

The offical site did say

IRISH ROVERS RETURN

ROVERS have confirmed they will once again travel to play Bray Wanderers in a pre-season friendly.

In a repeat of last season, Graeme Souness will take his squad to Dublin for a match against the Irish First Division side.

The game will take place at the Carlisle Grounds on Sunday August 8, just six days before the Premiership kicks off at Ewood Park against West Bromwich Albion.

The ‘friendly’ fixture will represent a true test of Rovers’ preparations and provide a true workout as the Irish team will be well into their season and fully match-fit.

Last year, an exciting clash saw Rovers run out 3-2 winners, with Dwight Yorke grabbing a brace and David Thompson adding a third.

The kick-off time for the friendly with Bray Wanderers has yet to be confirmed

I can still make the game in plenty of time, but it does mean I may change my flights to come home Sunday and save a days holidays.

Going Friday night would be easier though.

Anyone booked a hotel yet ? If so, which one ?

I can still make the game in plenty of time, but it does mean I may change my flights to come home Sunday and save a days holidays.

Going Friday night would be easier though.

Anyone booked a hotel yet ? If so, which one ?

Oh Well, we are sticking with the Saturday - Monday plan, and it looks like we will be able to get some sightseeing in like we did last year now. Saw the inside of lots of boozers IIRC smile.gif

Get into Dublin with plenty of time for the game, so its not too shabby. We will still be totally lashed up afterwards as usual.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.