• Kevin Gallacher
    • Roger Jones
    • Derek Fazackerley
    • Scott Sellars

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other suggestion. If we are looking for 3 should we not get 3 votes each?

I'd just like to grump along with Al on that point.

Bloody useless mods, grump grump grump.

I was on the list?!? ohmy.gif

Actually I heard rumours from a bloke in a pub in Mellor that Lee was lining up a bid of 7p and a couple of polo mints before the transfer window shuts. They're being bank rolled big time by Fred Walker or something. I know you lot would snap their hands off. I just can't see it happening 'cause of my dodgy knees.

Bob - Hughesy has confirmed to us all that he has it on very good authority that you are to be sold to Real Madrid for £170m, with Zidane, Beckham and Roberto Carlos coming the other way as well.

We would have got Figo too, but apparently all his jokes are crap and he can't type very quickly.

Fair exchange is no robbery.

Bob - Hughesy has confirmed to us all that he has it on very good authority that you are to be sold to Real Madrid for £170m, with Zidane, Beckham and Roberto Carlos coming the other way as well.

We would have got Figo too, but apparently all his jokes are crap and he can't type very quickly.

Fair exchange is no robbery.

We've got enough right midfielders without getting bloody Beckham as well. And Roberto Carlos? Another defender? No thanks. I suppose Zidane could be useful coming off the bench towards the latter stages of games.

To be honest though I'd rather we kept the boy Fleming. He makes the rest of us on here look good and you can't put a price on that. smile.gif

Got to feel a bit sorry for 'Killer' Keeley. The only one of those in the poll yet to receive a single vote.

Maybe people are remembering his debut sending off for Everton in a Merseyside derby (never to play for them again) or his butter fingers routine when dropping the Full Members Cup.

While I only saw him at the very end of his Rovers career he was still ferocious in the tackle. Good to see him still employed at Rovers as part of the corporate hospitality section on matchdays.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Happy that the great Ronnie Clayton, ex captain of England, has finally got a vote. smile.gif

Yea, I would have liked to have voted for him too but had to choose between Douglas,Clayton & Shearer.

Giz another vote mods.

Well I did email them with a link to this thread but just received an automatic reply. Hopefully they'll eventually get around to reading their emails and by that time everyone who needs to will have voted in the poll.

Oh and another thing - poor Hughesy! laugh.gif

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Colin Hendry

Ian "Windy" Miller

Now for the big Debate Shearer or Garner

I'll Go for

mmmmm

Aaaahhhhh

god this is difficult

eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OK Garner

So this list is

Colin Hendry

Ian "Windy" Miller

Simon Garner

You a Blackpool fan ?

No Tim Flowers either sad.gif  With his union jack towel and that speech, he'll always be a hero.

No Lee Grooby either, I called him a cult just the other night. laugh.gif

Paid him a tenner I owed him from last season on wednesday night.

You should have seen the smile on his face !

No Tim Flowers either sad.gif   With his union jack towel and that speech, he'll always be a hero.

No Lee Grooby either, I called him a cult just the other night. laugh.gif

Paid him a tenner I owed him from last season on wednesday night.

You should have seen the smile on his face !

I did, I was stood next to him. laugh.gif

It was his round at the bar as well. Cheers Brownie biggrin.gif

I used to love Johny Price tearing round the right wing and remember "that goal" by John MacNamee, that seemed to belted from the half way line. Beamo and Don Martin were classic anti-heroes too. I also loved Tony Field and Rgoer Jones as a kid. But I guess Hendry and Garner have to be automatic choices which leaves one place free. I don't think anyone post-Hendry fits the bill, so I've gone for David Bradford.

Football Focus is today starting their new feature with the cult heroes of Wolves, Cambridge and Inverness.

It does have Rovers connections as the choice of Wolves fans are (along with Steve Bull) former Roverites Derek Dougan and Dave Wagstaffe. Although before my time many still seem to have fond memories of 'waggy' but I don't think there'll be too many fans of 'The Doog' seeing as he handed in a transfer request at Rovers on the morning of the 1960 FA Cup Final.

Wolves' cult heroes

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Best of the 70s..Tony Field..Graham Hawkins...Little Johnny Price..Alan Hunter..Jim Fryatt. Sir Rioger..Kevin Hird & John Bailey.two great attacking scoring fullbacks...Worse...John Omara,John Radford

Edited by JC4LAB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.