BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

And another thing, those last two sentences from cuidado and neekoy, not only do they not make any sense but some of the letters are blowing bubbles. Very strange. Is it some sort of virus?

It's teh Hughesy Worm - you're best off just shutting down and forgetting about it!

Do you have a source for that?

Surely a new thread is needed?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Having read up extensively over the last couple of minutes on which countries are actually in Scandinavia, I can conclude that Sidders was probably referring to The Scandinavian Tourist Board of North America Webpage which doesn't half confuse matters.

Similarly this does little to help.

It's a grey area and no mistake. I take your word for it though and I'll ensure that I never throw Finland in with Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Poland ever again. Although I can't speak for Sidders I'm afraid.

chrsit I must have missed the goal against real madrid !

get over it

manure are NOT the biggest club in the land

in fact they are the 3rd rated team in England at the moment, possibly bordering on 4th or 5th.

"stand up if you hate manure....stand up if you hate manure...." rolleyes.gif

thats why i said biggest and not best. they undoubtedly have a bigger fanbase around the world, and healthier economy (- chelski).

for a horrible second there I thought this was a footballing messageboard

Fair point Flopsy but I do think this needs clearing up. If we don't know what constitutes Scandinavia then it casts serious doubts over where Lapland is and if we don't know where Lapland is, where the Hell do I send my letter to Santa.

I'm all of fluster about this I can tell you. All I can find is this map of Scandinavia which doesn't really help much at all. sad.gif

He's been crap so far and I'm usually patient with new signings.

From what I've seen I prefer De Pedro.

He did well against manyoo and i don't think any played well vs newcastle. At least give the guy 5 or 6 games before you send him packing, he is a good player!

I'm sure he will be, though I thought he was awful against ManU.

Getting an assist against the "biggest" club in the world after half a training sessions isnt that bad.

If taking a throw in and hurling the ball into the box constitutes an 'assist' I'm claiming one for singing during the game.

He's been crap so far and I'm usually patient with new signings.

From what I've seen I prefer De Pedro.

He did well against manyoo and i don't think any played well vs newcastle. At least give the guy 5 or 6 games before you send him packing, he is a good player!

I'm sure he will be, though I thought he was awful against ManU.

Getting an assist against the "biggest" club in the world after half a training sessions isnt that bad.

If taking a throw in and hurling the ball into the box constitutes an 'assist' I'm claiming one for singing during the game.

The ball came from Pedersen so he should be credited by an assist. I believe he has been aswell. It was his long throw that made the goal possible. Hope for more of that in the future, and that Pedersen does better than he did against Newcastle.

Sidders used the word "Scandanavian" - which I believe includes Finland.

Finland is not a part of Scandinavia. Scandinavia is Norway, Sweden and Denmark. If you had say "Nordic" you would be right.

Way back when I was at university (first time round) I went out with a young lady from Finland and she never once said that her motherland wasn't in Scandinavia, nor did she ever say the word "Nordic" to my recollection. Then again, she was of Swedish heritage so maybe that explains it.

I have done a bit of research on this and a bloke down the pub told me that Scandinavia is a peninsula that comprises Norway and Sweden, but culturally embraces Denmark and Finland as well. And he should know as he's been to Ikea!

Anyway, regardless of the fact that Finland is or isn't part of Scandinavia, I think we can all agree that Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland are lovely places with lovely people, they're very cold, it's always snowing and they're overrun with penguins. I think that settles it.

I'd also like to retract any slanderous comments that I might or might not have made about little Morten Gamst Pedersen when I suggested he is like one of them lads from Busted. I saw a picture of Busted today and I now realise he isn't really like them at all. He's more like them lads in McFly.

Findland isn't part of Scandinavia. End of story

There's a country called Findland now? Bloody hell, I wish these Eastern Europeans would stop making new countries up, my Newnes Pictorial Atles (1939 edition) looks more and more out of date every week!

First of all there was Croatia, then Moldova, Slovakia, Slovenia, Eritrea, East Timor, Myanmar, Belarus, Bongobongoland... The list is endless! Where is this Findland then? Obviously not in Scandinavia because you said, so are we to presume it's a hot country full of heathens?

Thank goodness that some proper old countries like India and China still exist with proper cities like Bombay and Peking.

Thank goodness that some proper old countries like India and China still exist with proper cities like Bombay and Peking.

I'm sure 50% of the people that read this won't see anything wrong with that sentence.

50% is generous Daniel huh.gif

Findland isn't part of Scandinavia. End of story

This is not quite true.

Scandinavia is partly used as a description of the scandinavian pennesuela (Norway, Sweden, AND the northwestern part of finland), and partly for the three countries norway, sweden and denmark.

Both descriptions are equally good. And you can say finland is a part of scandinavia if you really insist.

However scandinavia and norden is not the same. Norden consists of six countries; Norway, sweden, denmark, finland, iceland and "færøyene" (faero islands?, not sure about the english name for it).

Just to clear things up.

"Hughes was never my rolemodel" - the headline doesn't really look good now does it?

Well, it's not as bad as it looks - he was just answering a direct question on that issue, and on his relationship to Manure.

"I was never a big Manure-fan, and Mark Hughes was never a rolemodel. It was all about Marco van Basten for me!"

According to Gamst, the whole Manure-thing is a media created thing -

"I have never had a United kit"...

Gamst also says that he starts to feel more relaxed at Rovers, and things is going better and better every day.

"I didn't exactly yell for the ball on my first day here, but now I can do that. Training is more intense here, and I just have to keep up. Things are going fine, I've scored a few goals in training and shown what I can do."

That's right, it's in Norwegian wink.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

"I was never a big Manure-fan, and Mark Hughes was never a rolemodel. It was all about Marco van Basten for me!"

He's gone up in my estimations. biggrin.gif

What about Greenland, is that part of the wider Norden world? Denmark own it don't they?