SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, let's give this lad a chance. He's had 3 games, one against Man U under the old boss, one against Newcastle with Parkes and one against Pompey with the new boss. Three games, two against top notch opponents, each game with a different manager and on top of that he has to adjust to Premiership pace and standards as well as acclimatising to a new Country.

Give the lad a break, at least give him a couple of months to get his feet on the ground, his head must be spinning with all the changes he's had to go through.

T4E, Bellamy 11 deserves a standing ovation for that quote in your signature.

Yeah, and you deserve a prize for your lack of faith in the lad. Impressive writeoff!

Yeah whatever, just made me laugh that's all.

I'll leave others to draw their own conclusions now as I've made my opinion quite clear.

If he proves me wrong (and I must stress I hope he does) save me a large piece of humble pie.

A couple of statements from MB'ers have me a bit worried. Pedersen has been here 2 minutes and people are writing him off. Why? He needs time to adjust. It's a big jump from the Norwegian league to the Premier League. Yes he is light, but will get bigger, they said the same about Ronaldo at United, he's managed to put on some bulk. But Stead made the leap from the 3rd without a problem you may retort. That division is far more physical than Norway. Give the lad time, don't knock him. Did it not take Bergkamp ages to score his first for Arsenal? Should they have got rid after a 2 weeks. Sometimes the negativity really irks me.

A couple of statements from MB'ers have me a bit worried. Pedersen has been here 2 minutes and people are writing him off. Why? He needs time to adjust. It's a big jump from the Norwegian league to the Premier League. Yes he is light, but will get bigger, they said the same about Ronaldo at United, he's managed to put on some bulk. But Stead made the leap from the 3rd without a problem you may retort. That division is far more physical than Norway. Give the lad time, don't knock him. Did it not take Bergkamp ages to score his first for Arsenal? Should they have got rid after a 2 weeks. Sometimes the negativity really irks me.

I don't think anyone is writing him off - at least not anyone with a brain anyway. What we are saying though is that there is no way he should be in the team at the moment.

I'm not being melodramatic when I say that a non-league player could have made more impact than Pedersen has so far. He doesn't look like he's ever been a footballer. Now, I'm sure that's a combination of nerves, a lot of change in his life, and his age, but the fact is that he's been a liability in every game he's played so far and has shown no signs of improvement.

Scotty, I understand the frustration, but what else are we supposed to do? The lad has talent, he will blossom. He went from his team's star player, local lad done good, to a newcomer on a struggling team who don't speak his native tongue. Far bigger crowds than he's used to would justify why blooding him the reserves probably won't do him much good, but it could. He may like the smaller gate and perform, but get scared again when he steps up. No-one knows how long it will take. We spent a full season last year without balance, we signed de Pedro to sort it out, and as yet he's too podgy, Pederson is the opposite.

Who would you put on the left if you were to shuffle him off to learn his trade? Or is this another thread?

In an intervju today MGP said that the have ben more system in the way Blackburn train now and that this was good. He had not had any long talks with Hughes, but he liked him as a manager. He also said that he had developed a good relationship with Ed Niedzwiecki. On his goal on wednesday, his said that it felt good to get his first goal and that he felt some of the pressure had gone.

in Norwegian: http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/sport/pl/article283269.ece

Glad to hear about the new,better training system.

I think Gamst is a good player but is taking quite some time to get used to the pace and, moreover, the physical element of British Prem league football. He'll come good.

So will De Pedro; classy guy. Either of these two in front of Gray is preferred to the currently useless Gresko.

Here's some info from that interview.

- It was fun to score, allthough that doesnt help the club. But i will have to appreciate the good "feelings" and things.

-I'm chasing for appartements in the Bolton or Manchester area, its the closest to a big airport, and Ole Gunnar and John Arne lives near by, so that would be ideal. Blackburn also seems like good place, its like a small village - people are nice.

-Hughes has got more control of the trainings. Ive developed a good relationship with Niedzwiecki allready, we've talked about getting in the box more often. The new coaches seem to like using the wingers alot, and thats good.

-Its intence. Effort is important. If you work very hard and miss a chanc, they tell you that it was unlucky, Pedersen laughs.

- I'll have to try to do the same things i did it in Norway.

- I reckon i will start the match against Charlton. Ive started every match in the PL, and got a good match as a sub against bournemouth. I've just got to believe in myself.

Hi everyone. A video exclusive of Morten Gamst Pedersen is now available for download at Tromsø’s website (if you are not aware of it already). The 5-minute special was made by the world-known television football magazine Fútbol Mundial and has been/will be broadcasted in more than 150 countries. Notice: The file is large (60 mb), so it might take a while to download, depending on your connection. MGP is interviewed in this video (+ some former teammates and manager) and you will see some of his goals for Tromsø this season.

MGP video

I’m from Tromsø, Norway, myself and I have followed the team closely for more than 10 years. MGP was probably the greatest talent I’ve seen on our team. In some matches he was outstanding (in fact versus the best teams, Rosenborg, Viking, Lillestrøm etc.) and he’s also proven himself well against international opposition. His only weakness was the stability, but during this season he has performed very well almost every match (before he was sold).

Knowing MGP as a player, I would be very surprised if he doesn’t succeed in the Premier League. As you all have said, he might and probably will need time to adjust. He also did when we bought him 4 years ago, but he developed into a great player.

So I hope you have patience in Morten and I’m sure he will “bloom” eventually!

Hi everyone. A video exclusive of Morten Gamst Pedersen is now available for download at Tromsø’s website (if you are not aware of it already). The 5-minute special was made by the world-known television football magazine Fútbol Mundial and has been/will be broadcasted in more than 150 countries. Notice: The file is large (60 mb), so it might take a while to download, depending on your connection. MGP is interviewed in this video (+ some former teammates and manager) and you will see some of his goals for Tromsø this season.

MGP video

I’m from Tromsø, Norway, myself and I have followed the team closely for more than 10 years. MGP was probably the greatest talent I’ve seen on our team. In some matches he was outstanding (in fact versus the best teams, Rosenborg, Viking, Lillestrøm etc.) and he’s also proven himself well against international opposition. His only weakness was the stability, but during this season he has performed very well almost every match (before he was sold). 

Knowing MGP as a player, I would be very surprised if he doesn’t succeed in the Premier League. As you all have said, he might and probably will need time to adjust. He also did when we bought him 4 years ago, but he developed into a great player.

So I hope you have patience in Morten and I’m sure he will “bloom” eventually!

I posted this the day it was aired on sky, even ripped it myself, and til.no stole the link.

Edited by cuidado

I simply cannot believe that Morten wasnt brought on today. You talk about penetrating power, and you want to keep TUGAY in the team? And what about Jansen? Stead? Bothroyd? Pedersen is amuch better player than those players and he doesnt even get the chance.

I really really hope Mark Hughes wont ruin one of europes brightest prospects. Unbelievable.