BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Can you back up Allrdyce being unhappy at Bolton with hard evidence? He didn't exactly go skipping to St James's Park did he?

The rest of your assertions can be backed up by quotes and snippets though.

Just to follow on the 'I know a man who' theme, Allardyce turned down a 5 year deal worth 2.2 mill a year plus a promised 25-30 million transfer cash to manage the geordies.

That, I know from a friend of his son.

Reason for the post? Well he can't be that hacked off with his board can he? Consequently he WON'T be the next incumbent in the Ewood hot seat...like you didn't know that already.

U not heard any rumours from your reliable sources on who could be the next to be rovers manager?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the ever reliable rumours on Hughesy's inside info website.

My mate is kit-man at Millwall and he has been told that Alan Shearer is on his way due to the turmoil at Newcastle for first team football.

Get your money on it, must be right as its on a website!!!!!

I've heard off my cat that Wenger is going to take over.

Apparantely he has a bizarre pie fetish and the close proximity to 'Leavers of Ewood' made his mind up.

(Thought I might as well talk b*llocks too as everyone else seems to be)

They don't do 'bizarre pies', but the meat and pot are smashing.

As I wrote this morning, the choice of Manager is going to indicate how the Board and Jersey Trustees see the immediate future for the Rovers.

A "big name" manager and presumably the funds are being made available to attract the sort of players a "big name" is intended to attract.

However, if those funds are not available, give us a Dowie or a Jewell who seem to have the management skills and ability to pick players to do the job of keeping us in the Prem.

Agree PhilipL and what you have put here top and tails it for me.

All these names are being bandied about but alot of rumours and guesstimates are just that - and not being based on how in all reality Rovers are going to have to make their decision.

I personally feel that the availability of Hughes has been approached, maybe not directly but through the Welsh FA. Interesting to note, that the two people who I feel most Rovers fans would want (Hughes and Strachan) have 'apparently not yet' applied.

As I have said previously as many others on here , we need somebody who can come him and showjump as well as run with the players we have at the moment. No point in appointing a 'succesful European coach etc' as we are not going to be playing in Europe. We have to look at the position we are in at the moment and take stock of our ' present standing' in the Premier League and what we need to compete with - once this is established we can then build for the future.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Applications have not always been required for previous appointments. Kenny Dalglish was approached and I believe Howard Kendall was appointed after Jimmy Armfield was asked for advice by the Rovers Board. (both successful appointments at the time).

So Rovers, don't wait for the postman, choose your man and go for him!

T'was brillig and

the slithy toves

did gyre and gimble

in the wabe.

All mimsy were

the borrowgroves

and the mome

rathe outgrabe.

Sorry thought I had stumbled across a thread for posting complete nonsense.

(Thought I might as well talk b*llocks too as everyone else seems to be)

No, its just Hughesy, and he is talking a LOT of it smile.gif

Your getting boring now. Talk about football instead of slagging off other board members

Stop talking @#/? and the other board members wont have anything to slag off.