SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but doesnt Hughes take coaching for Wales, so he could do that if Newell was number 2.

National Team Manager

Mark Hughes M.B.E.

Coaches

Mark Bowen

Eric Harrison

Eddie Niedzwiecki

"U21" Team Coach

Glyn Hodges

"U19" Team Coach

Neville Southall

"U17" Team Coach

Ian Rush

sorry para, wasnt ment as a put down.

Just interesting to see who his coaches were, and whether if he got the job he would bring them with him. Except Rush of course whose now in manager at Chester.

Is Mark Bowen a coach at Brum ?

sorry para, wasnt ment as a put down.

Just interesting to see who his coaches were, and whether if he got the job he would bring them with him. Except Rush of course whose now in manager at Chester.

Is Mark Bowen a coach at Brum ?

Has he got a racist dad who used to like darts?

I think Mark Bowen was forced to quit Birmingham City in order to coach for Wales when he had hoped to do both. I'll see if I can find a source to back that up. My Dad's, mate's, vet's, teaslady's hamster should be able to tell me.

EDIT: Here you go.

Edited by Tango

LET has not one word on Reidy. I'm now at ease; he's not coming.

Side note. I remember reading a topic about a month ago about people concerned with message board quality/gereral lack of content. It seems to have picked up now hasn't it?

Edited by speeeeeeedie

I'm actually very encouraged by that LET article. The more I reflect on it, the less I am opposed to Hughes. I would back him to the hilt if he came in, whilst being very apprehensive about his lack of experience. As Rover6 quite rightly keeps pointing out, everyone has to start somewhere, and even the greatest managers around needed a break. You dont know until you give it a go.

Cautiously optimistic. He's certainly a personality we can all admire.

Is nobody else worried by the comments of Short in the LET- does this mean they will spit their dummies out if they don't get Hughes?

Maybe it is now a players game as Souness hinted at, but personally I feel the players should be banned from commenting before the appointment of a new boss.

You cant do that Capt, you'd upset the red tops and their reporters would be beating about it all day.

Got so fed up of talksport this morning going on and on about players not giving interviews that I started to sympathise with the players.

Is nobody else worried by the comments of Short in the LET- does this mean they will spit their dummies out if they don't get Hughes?

Maybe it is now a players game as Souness hinted at, but personally I feel the players should be banned from commenting before the appointment of a new boss.

i'll spit my dummy out if we don't at least offer him it!!!

Don't think who the players want will be a major factor if a different person is installed....But its Hughes anyway so theres no problem! cool.giftinykit.gif

Is nobody else worried by the comments of Short in the LET-  does this mean they will spit their dummies out if they don't get Hughes?

i'll spit my dummy out if we don't at least offer him it!!!

Don't think who the players want will be a major factor if a different person is installed....But its Hughes anyway so theres no problem! cool.giftinykit.gif

While we're at it, can we spit the DRUMMER out at the same time?

Guys, please don't shoot me down here, or liken me to Hughesy.

My brother in law just called me, he has dropped his car off at Westwood Mercedes in Blackburn late this afternoon and reckons Mark Hughes was coming out of there as he walked in. Swears its true and he's normally reliable.

Can't myself see what he'd be doing in the Merc Garage, but just passing the message on.