BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stewarding and the club/fan relationship

Mike Graham

Morph, it's the first time in over 20 yrs that I have left early.

What a pathetic joke today. We will be lucky to have 12000 home fans next game at Ewood. The team selection was an insult, yes they are Souey's players but to pick Reid and Amo brings Sparkys tactics into question.

this is a relegation side.

what else p***** me off is the stewards and the plonker Head and Deputy Steward. From my seat in the Jack Walker I can see how the visiting fans get away with murder and the home fans are treated like s***. The Rovers Board need to get a grip and appreciate the fans because if not they will walk...you only need to see the expanse of empty seats on the Bburn End and Riverside today.

GET A GRIP ROVERS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, this is worse than the last relegation side.

I am one very very p***** off fan. There are plenty more, did anyone see the scarves etc being chucked in disgust on the pitch from the Jack Walker: life must be bad!! mad.gif

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also how is it that away fans are allowed to go in the boxes behind the Blackburn End, and the away fans are allowed to stand up for the duration of the game, yet our HOME fans, who are slowley disappearing are getting kicked out of the ground for the same thing!?!

While some may console themselves that our unbeaten home run had to end sometime wink.gif , today's game (not simply the result) indicates that we are are in for another grim season....

The Blackburn End chant of < You only $"%& on your own fans> directed at the police, stewards and board this afternoon was worrying in that we are in danger of being distracted from rallying together by the club's policy towards people standing in that area. With the entire Middlesboro following stood for most of the game, coupled with inconsistent decision making by the officials, the inequity was always going to manifest itself as anger.

After Tugay was sent of (legitimately in my book), in stead of the team closing ranks, our defence was laid bare yet again.

The worst of it is is that most of the players don't seem to care or be able to do anything to satisfy the home crowd's demand for effort and guts.

Like many, I hate the <Gerrintoem!> chant but there is good reason why Rovers supporters feel obliged to urge the team on with it...

Roll on Chelsea then....

The Blackburn End chant of < You only $"%& on your own fans> directed at the police, stewards and board this afternoon was worrying in that we are in danger of being distracted from rallying together by the club's policy towards people standing in that area. With the entire Middlesboro following stood for most of the game, coupled with inconsistent decision making by the officials, the inequity was always going to manifest itself as anger.

The club are going to have a serious issue on their hands if it continues as it is. They have to listen to the fans.

I know it has been mentioned and numerous occasions, but they have to act this time and pretty quick.

I am horrified. I seriously wonder where John Newsham, Stuart Caley et al think the fans to replace those who either get banned or start to drift off because of their attitude and that of their staff. WE have Boro fans in a bix behind the Blackburn End gesturing and the like yet when our fans commit the heinous crime of, wait for it, standing up. They get treated like animals and herded out.

Whilst the ruck that seeminghly occured at the bottom of the NO1 steps was unacceptable I absolutely understand people's feelings.

The club demonstrates how highly we think of our own fans by these actions.

Sad to see.

1864 - well said, out of interest where do you sit?

Where do I begin Preston Blue ?

Rovers need to urgently get an interest into the club. They could for starters do the following.

For the Darwen End only.

Have say 300 tickets for kids at a Quid.

Have another 300 for the unemployed and students at say a Fiver.

Have another 300 limited tickets on a first come first served basis for say Seven quid.

Thats nearly a thousand more supporters in the gate, add this to whatever is spent inside the ground and you have a basis for generating interest in the club.

Thats a starting point. The games against teams like Southampton, Fulham,Norwich and Palace as they are all going to generate sub 18k attendances.

We have flogged this to death as well as the Asian supporter agenda.

There has to be a complete overhaul of the club, if that means attracting an outsider then so be it. The ties between the Walker family have to be looked at, Either they are in for the ride or get out now. That sounds very harsh but come on lets be real about it.

As for anything else well I am just a simple supporter, thats all sad.gif

I had a great (sic) of the police throwing a Rovers fan down the steps of NO1, disgusting and could have killed him,,,are you happy Newsham?

Preston blue - perhaps it would be an idea to post it? If not - perhaps emailing it to John Newsham might help?

Or you could bang your head into a brick wall? It might be more use

This just has to worthy of it's own topic.

Firstly, all fans should obey the law and sit down. HOWEVER, where else in the country will you see the away fans being allowed to stand and the home fans being hustled and thrown out? Old Trafford? St James' Park?

I really fear a real backlash at Ewood.

Rovers, of all clubs, can't be throwing their own fans out of the stadium, while at the same time tolerating the same behaviour in the away end.

I'm concerned that if rovers continue this approach, there is going to be a serious backlash from the rovers supporters. It was very close to it today.

John Williams - you need to clarify the situation and quickly.

Thanks for the ideas 1864. The leadership starts with the Club Board of Directors. I have 2 very astute friends with good money and new ideas and plenty of financial experience. They have tried to get on the Board for years but have been blocked by the East lancs/Ribble Valley old f**ts who do nowt for our Club.

Both have since invested in other Clubs one of which is not too far South of Ewood. These are lifelong Rovers fans whose money and more importantly ideas are not wanted.

in brief what I am saying is the Board stinks.

I had a great (sic) of the police throwing a Rovers fan down the steps of NO1, disgusting and could have killed him,,,are you happy Newsham?

Preston blue - perhaps it would be an idea to post it? If not - perhaps emailing it to John Newsham might help?

I would be more than happy to take anyone's view/opinions/experiences regarding this matter to the next fans forum.

That's providing there is another fans forum meeting! The club don't seem to be very keen to communicate with us at the minute.

I would be more than happy to take anyone's view/opinions/experiences regarding this matter to the next fans forum.

That's providing there is another fans forum meeting! The club don't seem to be very keen to communicate with us at the minute.

Kiwi,

Having made my views to John Newsham and Stuart Caley via email twice in the last fortnight (and very reasonable I was too!) and neither of them having the courtesy to even reply speaks volumes about the way these individuals operate.

Kiwi,

Having made my views to John Newsham and Stuart Caley via email twice in the last fortnight (and very reasonable I was too!) and neither of them having the courtesy to even reply speaks volumes about the way these individuals operate.

That doesn't totally suprise me. This matter has been mentioned on several occasions at meetings when John Newsham was present. I know many fans have communicated their concerns to the club and they have known about this issue for a long time.

The attitude I have always found is that they will not listen to us because, as long as Rovers fans stand up, we are in the wrong.

Early in the match today you could count the number of Rovers fans in the BBE standing on your hands, while nearly half of the Boro fans stood for the whole match! What happened today was unpleasant - I hope it is a wake-up call for the club to act.

Correct Kiwi,

But as long as the clib continue to treat home fans like animals and throw them around, as long as the continue to put away fans in corporate boxes in the Blackburn End, as long as they continue to take no action about such fans, as long as it is one rule for us and one rule for them, as long as the steward on the staircase continues to try and pick fights with fans..... the situation will only get worse.

Stuart Caley went into the box next to them to really show them who was boss! So not only are we crap on the pitch, but we are crap in the stands as well.

Im furious. Absolutely furious.

mad.gif From my seat in area NO4 I didn't see this incident but I'm bl00dy furious at the news mad.gif

The atmosphere is bad enough without this sort of provocation.....

Like I said on the safe standing thread I'm slowly losing interest and matters like this only help to compound this feeling!!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Rovers, of all clubs, can't be throwing their own fans out of the stadium, while at the same time tolerating the same behaviour in the away end.

Agreed. The imbalance in terms of treatment of supporters today today was disgraceful. Took my back to the City game in 2000 with their contingent in 'core-pratt' hospitality.

We got hammered that day too. sad.gif

Putting pen to paper, or finger to keyboard and printing something off and sending a letter is still a far more effective way of getting a response and appearing credible with a concern than sending an email.

Letters should be individually written, not cut and paste from someone who think's it's a good idea to give set text. It doesn't work.

A petition, especially those on line, are next to useless.

If people feel strongly enough about something, put some effort in and buy a frickin' stamp.

It was a bloody disgrace what happened today to those fans being thrown out! I was sat far away in the walkersteel but heard from a mate in the bb end the full story after the match about the boro fans and the signs they were making. What will happen to the lads who were thrown out especially the lad near the steps who challenged the police cause he has my full support. Cant believe the overreaction from those Police and stewards and it made me even more angry! mad.gif

YOU ONLY S**T ON YOUR OWN FANS!

rover.gif

The police and theat nazi of a steward who has the cheek to wear a supervisors jacket were well out of order . The guy who was talking to the police to plead for his mate was very badly dealt with by the copper. This caused more problems when more people cam to his aid. I was sat right next to the incident and cannot believe that people are being treated in this manner.If this had happened at many other ground it could well have started a riot.

I agrre that before long the situation in that part of the BB end is going to get out of control. Mainly because the idiot steward supervisor who always seems to be an ego trip is intend on winding everybody up by his aggressive arrogant behaviour. It is only human nature when dealt when in such a manner to retaliate!!!!!!!!

Get the problem sorted Rovers before you loose a few thousand diehard fans or are the prawn sandwich eating away fans and this moronic steward more important.

Over to you Rovers

it was a disgrace today i sit in front of the guy arrested and it was totally wind up by the stewards again who stood there staring all game and then the police came and just stood there but it all started by the monkey hangers banging on the windows and giving wa???kers signs to the rovers fans....WELL MR WILLIAMS IF THE ANSWER IS TO LET AWAY FANS STAND ALL GAME WHILST SHIITTING ON YOUR HOME FANS(OUR SEASON TIX KEEP YOU IN A JOB REMEMEBER) AND THEN LET CORPARARTE OOOOPSSS SILLY ME YOUD RATHER HAVE THERE COIN THAN OUR PEASANT ONES BANG AND HARRANG THE HOME FANS ..THEN YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH NEXT SEASON WHEN YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER 5 THOUSAND BLUE SEATS EMPTY FOR THE PRECIOUS AWAY FANS BECAUSE ITS GETTING TIO THE POINT WERE U CAN SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS. mad.gif

Kiwi,

That doesn't totally suprise me. This matter has been mentioned on several occasions at meetings when John Newsham was present. I know many fans have communicated their concerns to the club and they have known about this issue for a long time.

The attitude I have always found is that they will not listen to us because, as long as Rovers fans stand up, we are in the wrong.

Early in the match today you could count the number of Rovers fans in the BBE standing on your hands, while nearly half of the Boro fans stood for the whole match! What happened today was unpleasant - I hope it is a wake-up call for the club to act.

thats true hardly anyone stood up until the boro fans started banging the windows and the police started on the home fans.....fair dos standing not alloweed but lets have it enforced on both sets of fans..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.