BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Nutty Black is good, but prefer Wainwrights, just a shame who makes it. ;)

P.S PB,are you on Deepdale Tuesday?

Yes, I am going with a mate who is a Chesterfield fan, his wife, daughter, father in law and mother in law.

Should double the gate

Preferred my day out at Preston Hoppers last Saturday.......decent pint of Thwaites, or should I say about 8, I think!

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the C&B on Christmas Eve. Quiet when we arrived, about quarter full. Food was excellent, much better than the last time we went but the service couldn't have been slower if they tried!!!

Very glad we went early as I dread to think how long a late sitting would wait.

Went to the C&B on Christmas Eve. Quiet when we arrived, about quarter full. Food was excellent, much better than the last time we went but the service couldn't have been slower if they tried!!!

Very glad we went early as I dread to think how long a late sitting would wait.

I went a couple of week ago and received bizarre customer service. Paid at bar and it came to 42.50 so I gave her 50 in notes. Realised I had change in my pocket and said I've got the 2.50, she said it was ok she would give me change, and apologised for having no 5 notes so gave me 7.50 in coins. (had an heavy pocket for the rest of the evening)

At the same time I was being served the same lady was pouring a glass of wine for another customer. The customer noticed the glass was dirty and said can she change the glass. Which she did but poured the drink from the dirty glass. Customer was not best pleased and demanded new drink.

Other than that the meal arrived very quick and the sirloin was GREAT.

Naga, Abbey Village

Tried the lamb Naga, and was mightly impressed. Nice clean place with pleasent service.

Spice Lounge, (Was New Inns)

ordered from the 9.99 restricted menu. Food excellent and very good value. Only complaint was the time it took to take the plates and then serve desert. They were deffo trying to get our party to order more from the bar, we had realiszed this and they were reminded about the deserts 3 TIMES before it arrived. (takes awhile for icecream and pancakes). As an indication a large coke was £2:90

Had a great meal at the clog and billycock in Pleasington last friday. Cauliflower fritters with a mild curry dip (to die for), assortment of sausages with some English mustard, 10oz rib eye with veg and the finest chips (cooked in dripping) I've had for some time. Didn't (couldn't) face a sweet. Washed down with a few Wainrights. Excellent

My brother won't go again to naga.

He booked for Christmas day with his lad. The menu had 2 starters and 2 main . It was he said tasted like microwaved and it cost him over £100 to eat in the royal.

Not being funny here and there's no particular logic to this but I'd not dream of eating in a curry house on Christmas Day. They just don't get what Christmas is about but they still charge like Rhinos!

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

Just been Clogg and Billycock with the Mrs.

Once again fantastic food (I just had the bread basket and then chicken breast with chips and garlic and chilli sauce, Nikki had the cauliflower fritters and then cheese and onion pie), it was slow but then again it always will be on a day like today.

The cheese and onion pie is exceptional there I must say never tasted any close to it.

We were going to get puddings but it was just too hot in there and Arlo was starting to play up.

Just been to sukis .... Fantastic !

Can't beat Sukhi's! We went on Saturday after dropping our mates at home. We got take out though as we live near near. The naan bread with cheese and chilli are brilliant. As is the Lamb/Chicken Rogan Josh and we usually get samosas and chicken pakora.

Visited the Highwayman near Kirkby Lonsdale this afternnon. Part of the Ribble Valley Inns stable. The menu seemed virtually the same as at the Clog, if not exactly the same. No problem with that as there's plenty to choose from.

Two nibble type starters, chipata sauaages & mustard and homemade bread & oils. Mains of the medium haddock, real chips & peas and fish pie. Too stuffed for afters. Two pints of bitter and a white wine and it came in at £38.

Excellent service and surroundings with usual high standard of decor etc. The place was pleasantly full, rather than packed.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

• 3 weeks later...

Naga, Abbey Village

Tried the lamb Naga, and was mightly impressed. Nice clean place with pleasent service.

Went at last. Surroundings and service are indeed excellent and unfortunately much better than the quality of the food. Not a patch on the quality to be had at Bukhara / Samlesbury.

I don't think the food was very well done at all but Naga is a more Indian menu whereas I tend to prefer the Pakistani originated cuisine.

btw... No doubt mentioning those two nations in the same sentence and displaying a preference for one over the other will have elevated a particular mod of my recent aquaintance into a frothy state of racist indignation bordering on a full scale red alert. Message to him... Calm down dear, calm down.