BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

• Backroom

Do you meant The Rock, aka Dwayne Johnson has gone back and done a bit of wrostling?

And a torn anus? Lovely.

Only part time but nonetheless a big part of the last 3 WrestleManias. After wm30, I believe he's competed 3 times (twice at mania once at SS). Anymore others remember?

• Backroom

According to Powell @ prowrestling.net X-Pac DID go to the after party, despite having quite literally torn his anus to shreds. I'd believe him on the basis he speaks with Waltman fairly regularly.

• Backroom

Relying on this to give me an escape from Rovers atmo. All 6 MainEvent competitors on Raw tonight. All those plus Heyman = must-watch imo. As well as being a big fan of Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler.

• Backroom

Thought the go-home Raw last night was really really weak. Ending segment with Taker/Punk was just sad.

Has made me decide against ordering WM this year. It's been so poorly built up to that I don't feel WWE deserves my money. I'll check the results afterwards and see if it's worth catching a replay of at some point - though still highly unlikely I'll pay to watch any of it.

• Backroom

Abbey if you don't like the subject matter then don't discuss it, I don't comment on many threads for that reason, I also don't go in the movie thread and point out that each and every film is fake

Any off topic posts like that will be removed in the future

• Backroom

If only he was true to his word and stuck to his rambling blog.

Anyhow, I came across Charlie Haas' bizarre ROH retirement the other day. Basically went a bit crazy, having a go at various people on and off the mic. Completely unexpected, impromptu retirement. Obviously in wrestling retirements are rarely permanent but I think in this case it might well be. The fella had a serious breakdown by the looks of things.

• Backroom

Have read that he was intoxicated, said he was going to "knock the hepititus out of Nigel" - or words to that effect. Called Kevin Kelly a "fat idiot" or something similar. Pretty classless tbh. I'm guessing there are underlying issues there that we're not privy to.

Edited by DE.

• Backroom

At least I'm giving money to my fave student pub and having fun with pals. After last night, I'm hoping WM has some swerves that can save the event, as I agree that last night was weak. Ziggler cash-in (successful) and Cena heel-turn MIGHT save this PPV. Maybe some matches over-performing too, but not holding out too much hope tbh.

I don't really follow other companies, though I will try my hand at TNA tonight onwards. Are ROH available on Sky TV anywhere? (Internet issues made downloading a few shows unbearable).

On a plus (though still wondering if it's an April Fool's joke), WWE have apparently signed Amazing Red. Nice to see a lightweight added to the roster. Could also beef up the tag division if paired with Evan Bourne.

Post-mania, WWE better handle the following with better class than they have so far: Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes. Those 3 should be in WHC contention at the very least. It would at least beef-up the upper-midcard without relying on part-timers too much in the Main Event scene.

A roster with Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton, Kane, Bryan, BigShow, Henry, Ryback, Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes, Sandow, DelRio, Swagger, Christian, Barrett, Miz and Kofi on it's books should be delivering far more and better storylines. An under card of Mysterio, Sin Cara, Bourne, Amazing Red (pending), Ryder, Riley, Tatsu, Kidd, Gabriel should supplement that adequately. The tag division is promising too with the Shield, Usos, Epico and Primo and the PTP's!

Given ALL that is supplemented by the part-timers of Rock, HHH, Lesnar and Jericho, there is NO reason we should be getting the shoddy product we currently do.

• Backroom

I don't really follow other companies, though I will try my hand at TNA tonight onwards. Are ROH available on Sky TV anywhere? (Internet issues made downloading a few shows unbearable).

TNA are really on a roll at the moment. I loved this week's Impact, it was very well done. They're miles ahead of WWE at the moment IMO, it's a shame they aren't on a bigger network with more exposure. They could be legitimate competition for WWE at this point, the product is at that level. Moving out of the Impact Zone has done wonders for them as well. The crowd is just so much better, the arena looks and feels bigger.

I know Sting and Hogan are old these days, but this promo was superb. These guys can still go on the mic.

• Backroom

Hulk's into his sixties now. He's just a GM these days, hasn't wrestled in some time. Hopefully it stays that way. Sting still wrestles semi-regularly though.

Edited by DE.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9052703

April 4, 2013 (HARTFORD, Conn.) --

The widow of World Wrestling Entertainment performer Owen Hart has

settled her lawsuit against the WWE over royalties and the use of her

late husband's image.

The settlement was announced Wednesday by Martha

Hart and confirmed by the WWE. Hart hasn't disclosed any details. A

spokesman for the WWE says he has no comment.

Thought some might find this story interesting.

As for Hulk, I thought he confessed he used some steroids and I thought he had some sort of health troubles, not major like the heart but maybe a little trouble walking after his wrestling career. I forget at the moment.

• Backroom

Hulk's steroid trial was in the early 90's. He's had back problems recently but surgery seems to have healed him up pretty well. There's no way he should be wrestling at his age, but nothing wrong with him contributing as a GM or manager.

• Backroom

Hulk's steroid trial was in the early 90's. He's had back problems recently but surgery seems to have healed him up pretty well. There's no way he should be wrestling at his age, but nothing wrong with him contributing as a GM or manager.

I actually think Hulk has proven a very good authority figure. The aura he has is similar to that of HHH as kayfabe COO in WWE. Hulk is more entertaining in that role than in his final hulkamania run 10yrs ago imo.