BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anyone else watched Show Me A Hero which has just been on Sky Atlantic? It is a new HBO mini series by the people who wrote the Wire about the building of public housing in a white area in Yonkers NY, based on a true story from the late 80s/early 90s. I've just finished it and thought it was very good.

Watching This is England '90 and it's good so far. Watched the film and all the subsequent tv series and enjoyed them.

I watched the film when it came out, never bothered with the tv shows originally(i thought they looked a bit to much like that 'skins' rubbish but set in thw 80s) but im just starting to catch up on them now, ok so far, some very funny moments and hilarious characters, cant stand that woody character though, total dullard.

• Moderation Lead

'86 is very good, if a little dark in places. '88 was a bit of a let down in comparison, but still decent overall.

You don't like Woody? Ha, strange how views differ I think he's class! Some of the characters are a bit irritating though imo.

Watching This is England '90 and it's good so far. Watched the film and all the subsequent tv series and enjoyed them.

Also watching this having seen all the others and I am enjoying it again.

Just finished watching Narcos on Netflix. Series about the rise of Pablo Escobar in Columbia and the DEA and Columbian government trying to capture him. Very violent but absolutely fantastic and wood highly recommend it.

• Moderation Lead

Watched the second this is England last night and thought it was class again, but it had that dark twist again.

I've also watched a few of the 'narcos' and I've enjoyed so far. There's also a documentary on Netflix 'the sins of my father' about Pablo Escobar 's son I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

My pet hate at the moment is the awfulness that is strictly come dancing. I dislike the main programme but can just about cope withmy husband watching it but he watches all the other rubbish it takes 2 programmes too. That means it's on every night of the week. It's almost getting to divorce proportions!

My pet hate at the moment is the awfulness that is strictly come dancing. I dislike the main programme but can just about cope withmy husband watching it but he watches all the other rubbish it takes 2 programmes too. That means it's on every night of the week. It's almost getting to divorce proportions!

Pretty sure its very much the other way round in most couples, with the wives wanting to watch it.

Personally I just hate that both Strictly and Xfactor are on for months now, and have both elongated to have shows on prime time Saturday and Sunday night.

I don't mind Strictly as it's all in good fun and they work bloody hard.

X Factor is just another way for Cowell to lock his own balls.

If they cut out all the nonsense acts, the bootcamps etc they could complete a series easily in 6 weeks.

At least the money raised from strictly goes to children in need.

Edited by Baz

I've just watched episodes 1 & 2 of The Last Kingdom, based on the The Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. Think Game of Thrones without the Dragons or silly magic but based on fact with a dose of fiction. Epic and excellent if you like historical drama spiced up. I believe it reaches BBC 2 on 22nd October. Thoroughly recommended.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

I've just watched episodes 1 & 2 of The Last Kingdom, based on the The Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. Think Game of Thrones without the Dragons or silly magic but based on fact with a dose of fiction. Epic and excellent if you like historical drama spiced up. I believe it reaches BBC 2 on 22nd October. Thoroughly recommended.

Great series of books. I've got them all. The changes made for TV grate a little, but non the less, I'm really enjoying the series so far.